Dutch Manor Antique Hotel

More about Cape Town

SunsetSunset

Atlantic Ocean from Chapmans Peak DriveAtlantic Ocean from Chapmans Peak Drive

Seals on Duiker IslandSeals on Duiker Island

The winds coming over the cape push the fog awayThe winds coming over the cape push the fog away

Technicons & or Environmental Research Centres in Cape Town

by gobananas

Hi guys, I am in a hurry for some names of technicons and environmental research centres in Cape Town so that a grant that I have recieved can be spent by visiting these facilities in Cape Town.

thank you dearly and catch you in July for the 4th world environmental education congress - well, thats in Durban.

RE: Technicons & or Environmental Research Centres in Cape Town

by Gerald_D

So you want your sponsors to extend your trip to Cape Town with the excuse that you have to do something here, but actually you only want to come as a tourist because you have heard it is a good place? ;-)

Travel Tips for Cape Town

Parking and Paying

by nichole_521

When parking on the street there were people (wearing vests) who expected money to watch over your car. They would help you park, even though you do not need it, then they would stand by your car waiting to be paid.

We at times paid them and at times we did not. You could tell when you did not pay them; they would be a little upset. This was hard to get used to, to always have some one wanting money to park on the street. At times we did not have any cash. We never knew how much we were supposed to pay, so we just guessed.

Imhoff Farm

by jo104

Craft market & organic foods
The village is open daily & there is a farmstall eatery as well as a great Pizza place called the Gift which has great views of Lions Head

You can ride a camel here!! We did!!

Kommetjie Road (M65), Noordhoek

ATM'S

by rachel_sun

First National banks have these and there is a good branch at St Georges Mall,on Shortmarket St.There is also a cash machine at the central railway station. Credit Cards.
Are accepted and Visa,Mastercard are the best ones to have as people accept these most.Atm's will give cash advances if you use a visa, or mastercard also.If you want to hire a car,a credit card is a must.

Excellent service, GREAT food, Great AMBIENCE

by jlanza29 about TANK

First of all this place is ultra-cool, Tank made the Conde-Nast Traveler's Hot List for best new restaurant's in 2004 and luckly enough it's still around 3 years later in 2007. The place has a lounge vibe to it, but don't get me wrong the food here in outstanding. I am not a big sushi fan but I was impressed by the 8 pages of sushi selections one can make. The service was excllent and friendly, the price for the US traveller is a huge bargain. The wine list is heavy of South African wines (why would you order any else in South Africa ?) but they do have some French and American wines at 10 times the cost of a very, very good SA wine, no way way stick to the SA wines !!!!! Highly recommend this restaurant !!!!! I must say I am not a big sushi fan so I decided to have ostrich steak at a sushi place ( I know not excatly what one should order at a sushi joint)....and I must say it was the best piece of beef...even though it's a bird...that I have ever had in my entire life !!!! the only way I could describe it is...picture the most tender piece of filet mignon you have ever had....now ostrich is even softer than that it just melt's in your mouth..I was so happy to have selected that....The other people in my group had various sushi plates and they commented that it was very good. Overall had a main course for R90 about $12 US than a bottle of SA finest wine for R100 about $14 US and a plate of cheese for R56 (which by the way so big that all of 6 people in our group ate some and we still had leftover's of cheese on the plate) about $8 US and a dessert to die for for R35 about $5 US so for $39 US dollars I had a meal that would have runned my about $200 US dollars at any place in the USA......HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT !!!!!!

Restaurants and pubs around...

by Ramonq

Restaurants and pubs around Clifton Beach. An affluent and very white area of Cape Town.
Fantastic scenery of the beach and the mountains whilst your dining or drinking alfresco. South African Wine

Comments