Liberty Lodge Bed & Breakfast

Booking.com Travelocity Hotels.com

More about Liberty Lodge Bed & Breakfast

A really enjoyable stay

by TripAdvisor Member Messenger Marshall

We really enjoyed staying at Liberty Lodge. Ruth was a great hostess and made us feel very much at ease and at home. The room was lovely, we stayed in the Rhodes Room and absolutly loved the view. The place is personal and in a great location. We did not rent a car initially and we could easily walk to the local restaurants and used Excite taxis to go further. We really loved it. The breakfasts were also the best we had during our time in SA and we stayed in a fair few B+Bs, I really mean that. Lisa your omelettes were AMAZING and you took such good care of us thank you! Thank you to Anita too! What we liked about Liberty was the personal, at home feeling and getting to know the staff etc... It was very cosy and we have no doubts that in the future we will return. The accommodation is great, very comfotable and we looked forward to returning at the end of the day.
Thanks again to Ruth, Anita and Lisa for making our first 4 days in CT so comfortable and enjoyable.

World's best omelettes!!

by TripAdvisor Member bonwon

My husband and I stayed at Liberty Lodge in July for a week while we were in Cape Town, scouting out properties and just getting to know the city. When we came back in Aug/Sept and moved to Cape Town for good, we didn't hesitate to stay there again.
The warm and cozy place is like a home away from home, the rooms in excellent condition, and the service very welcoming and sincere.
Ruth has a great wealth of knowledge, from restaurants to shows to shopping plazas. She provided a lot of useful information and shared with us her experiences as a new Capetonian.
THe breakfasts were always delicious and just divine - especially the omelettes!
Great location, good food, excellent hospitality and fabulous views. You won't be disappointed

A wonderful experience

by TripAdvisor Member ctrunfree

Liberty Lodge is hard to fault. The accommodation is excellent and Ruth is fun and friendly, very knowledgeable and helpful. Lisa is gracious and as already attested, she makes the world's best omelettes. The deck upstairs is great for Sundowners with a Table Mountain view. The local area has plenty of good eating options and supermarkets and delis for picnic supplies. The location is good for city bowl sights. We recommend that you get Ruth to arrange an airport pickup - quick, easy and reasonably priced. As a B&B with only 5 rooms you may hear late arrivers and early departers.

Loved Liberty Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member MrKoop

Four of us stayed at Liberty Lodge in early August, and we all have very fond memories. The rooms are stylish, breakfast was generous and delicious, and the location was great - short walk or drive to everything. Ruth is a great host and went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed, and was enormously helpful in offering advice and suggestions. I especially loved the deck and the view at dusk. I will certainly go back next time.

a life changing trip

by TripAdvisor Member Cdes

Myself and my now financee have just returned home from the most amazing holiday ever!!! After having a family wedding in franschhoek we arrived in cape town for four days. Ruth greeted us on arrival and we felt like we have just arrived at our long lost aunts house for a visit. Ruth was full of information about the area and how to make to most of our 4 days in cape town. She sat patiently and listened to what we would like to do, then she would organise transport or any bookings we needed ( resturants or trips). From Ruths advice during e-mails prior to our arrival we had booked robben island. We felt very welcome at the lodge the room was beautifully decorated. At breakfast which set you up for the day, Ruth would always come along to ask how your days were goin and if you needed any help or advise.Of course unknown to me Ruth had also helped to find the best jeweller in cape town to find the perfect ring. All in all I can`t fault Liberty Lodge and I cannot wait to return and sit down and have a chat with Ruth. Oh on leaving for our early flight Ruth left a snack bag in the fridge to keep us goin, after a 4 hour stop over I never enjoyed an apple as much!!

Charming place

by TripAdvisor Member dougalf

We liked this place very much.

A welcome change from characterless hotels run by staff with little interest in looking after you. We found the owner Ruth and staff Lisa and Nita excellent hosts and recommend it completely. The breakfast in particular is a daily highlight.

The rooms are very decorated tastefully, and you get the sense that alot of thought has gone into running this excellent lodge.

Springtime in November

by TripAdvisor Member blondah

The LL was highly recommended to me by a friend with impeccable standards. Yet the actual experience managed to exceed my expectations. The magic began as soon as I checked into my room, one of seven or eight total. All of them are stylish and individually decorated – mine included a spacious balcony perfect for evening dining with a stunning view of Table Mountain.

Even more impressive was the world-class breakfast we enjoyed the following morning in the garden, where Lisa made us one of her famous omelettes (not to be missed – and Lisa doesn’t like to take ‘no’ for an answer when it comes to her cooking). I also must add that the famed Lisa is as warm as sunshine and instantly makes guests feel right at home.

Ruth, the guest-house owner, used to run a tea room in the UK and doesn’t miss a beat. While the thorough briefing she gives you upon check-in may seem a bit OTT, it is in fact very informative – especially in terms of savings (phone calls, etc.) and getting around the city at night.

Ruth also organized a private, five-person day trip with Tania and Yasiin of Discovery Tours, who are (I kid you not) the best in the business. They even do game-park excursions. And my mother-in-law can’t thank them enough, considering that I stumbled upon her 100-year-old china pattern thanks to them and was able to give her the Xmas present of a lifetime!

I truly can’t recommend the LL enough. Go for the atmosphere, go for the service, but be sure to book far in advance as vacancies tend to fill up quickly. (Three of the five people in our party had to stay somewhere else.)

Many thanks,

Shaun Samson
Berlin, Germany

a lovely spot with a great location

by TripAdvisor Member Canadian78

We stayed at the Liberty Lodge for our last two nights in Cape Town, after traveling throughout South Africa and it was the perfect spot to relax. The owner took excellent care of us, making dinner recommendations and reservations, and booking taxis. Our room (Rhodes) was lovely, and the terrace a great place to sit and read. The owner also was happy to have us come back to the lodge after our last day of walking around town, and relax in the living room while we waited for our evening flight. It was a lifesaver!

One of the Town's best B&Bs

by TripAdvisor Member travel_soldier

Fantastic boutique B&B in a great part of the city. The room we stayed in was spacious and beautifully decorated. Very comfy bed and nice terrace with great views over the city. The lodge is located in a safe and quiet part of cape town. Five minute drive to waterfront, table mountain and beaches. Breakfasts were delicious and the owner really knows the city and recommended some great restaurants both near to the lodge and elsewhere. All in all a great place to base yourself to explore this amazing city.

Great B&B!

by TripAdvisor Member nlpete25

Liberty Lodge is a quaint, small, cozy B&B in a hip area of Cape Town called Tamboerskloof. The lodge itself is an older house with lots of character, tall ceilings, and very African shabby-chic! The owner, Ruth Parsons, is very nice and had tons of recommendations and helpful tips. Every morning, we had breakfast with the other guests and Ruth herself would listen in and give advice, make dinner reservations, and lots of useful tips of what to see and do around town. It's a great location with easy access by walking or taking inexpensive taxis. One thing that my husband and I both have to mention is that the omelettes that Lisa (the housekeeper) make are truly the world's best!!! I don't even like omelettes, but I couldn't get enough of these!! Truly fantastic and the best meal we had in all of Cape Town! :-) Thanks to Liberty Lodge and its staff for making our stay in Cape Town feel like home rather than just a vacation! We would definitely stay here again!

Comments