Pontac Estate

Booking.com Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 34% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Cape Town

View from Boulders Beach Hotel towards FishoekView from Boulders Beach Hotel towards Fishoek

Table MountainTable Mountain

Train Between Cape Town & SimonstownTrain Between Cape Town & Simonstown

Sunrise over the baySunrise over the bay

Learn Spanish

by rainorshine

Hi there
can anyone out there advise of a person/school that teaches Spanish? I'm planning on going to South America and would like a head start on the language before I go.

by gildapaolina

Try those links:

Alliance Francaise, in particular, is renowned in Europe and one of the best in teaching foreign languages.
Hope it helps, have great spanish lessons :)

Gil

by Wowmoment

I did just this before a recent trip to Ecuador. A term of classes near my home and I found CDs very good too.

It proved so useful. Even my basic skills helped and I was constantly feeling quite proud of myself. I hope to keep up my practice with the CDs and visit another part of that wonderful continent.

by Gerald_D

Why is this being posted in the Cape Town, South Africa forum?

We are not in South America, and we don't speak Spanish :-)

PS. The biggest country in South America speaks Portuguese, not Spanish.

by Gerald_D

Oh! Eve, I see you are in Cape Town now and are looking for lessons here!

I would phone some of the local consulate offices - they are normally eager to brag with their languages.

by rainorshine

Yes, I am in Cape Town but was curious to see what, if any, replies I may get to my question and thanks to all the responses I did get. I agree that a CD seems like a good way to start!

by Sebastian_arg

If you have any doubt in your learning process, don't hesitate to contact me...

Adios!!
Sebastian

by jordi79

Hi,
I'm a native and qualified spanish teacher just arrived in Cape Town. All levels
If you are interested in private classes, just email me. yordicoloyahoo.es

by jordi79

eres tonto gerardo,
que te encule un leopardo

by peluche35

Te doy toda la razon jordy respecto al tal Gerardo
un saludo desde valencia

by peluche35

Te doy toda la razon jordy respecto al tal Gerardo
un saludo desde valencia

by andres_calle

If you like I´m from in Ecuador and I want to travel to Cape Town too.. I speak spanish 100% but i want to learn english and know cape town i see and is so interesting... but if you have information about cape town please send me and i help you too... my email is.... andres_calle@hotmail.com

any information please give me.. ok.. and sorry if ypu don´t understand me, you see what is the reason yhay i want to learn englias...!!! hahahaha

Travel Tips for Cape Town

TSITSIKAMA NATIONAL PARK.
This...

by B_Caro

TSITSIKAMA NATIONAL PARK.
This is a very beautiful area. It is also a paradise for walkers. One of the most famous hiking trails of South-Africa, is the 5 days otter-trail.
Unfortunately we hadn't the time to stay 5 days in this area. I saw photos and a short movie about this trip. Really beautiful !!
So, one day I will come back to South-Africa, only for the otter-trail. The Storms river mouth, meeting the rough surf of the open sea

It's often cool in Cape Town!

by DesertRat

Depending on where you are and what the winds are like, Cape Town can be fairly cool even in mid-summer. Definitely pack a light sweater or jacket; this is essential if you go very high on Table Mountain.

Riebeeck Kasteel

by mvtouring

This town is situated on the R311 about 75km NNE of Cape Town. Situated on the slopes of the Kasteelberg (Castle Mountain), a 946m high solitary rock of Table Mountain sandstone, sentinal amidst the rolling wheatfields and vineyards of the Swartland, the tranquil village of Riebeek Kasteel is covered in the softest hues of pink and white during spring when the peach orchards are in bloom. Riebeek Kasteel was named after Jan van Riebeeck and the Kasteelberg. The name Riebeek Kasteel appears for the first time in the journal of the surgeon, Pieter van Meerhof, in 1661 while he was on a discovery expedition.

55, SKY, Bronx, Angels etc..

by cosmopolit about 55

are all geared towards gaypeople and among the better spots if you're into techno, deep house and the like

Review
Winner of SA club of the year! Top DJ's, no attitude, but sexy barmen and ladies for our mixed gay and straight clubbers. Dance downstairs, chill-out upstairs. Normally no cover charge except special events and occassions. For those of you who know 55 - will know that the above mentioned is just the top of the iceberg. There are too many attractions to mention. come as u r anything goes

Fantastic food, well priced!

by littlebush

There are mnay different areas to eat out in Cape Town, the good thing is, the standard and service is nearly always excellent and its always cheap compared to European standards! The Waterfront has the biggest concentration of restaurants and caters for all tastes. Its busy all day and at night even busier. Long Street in the city also has many good restaurants, probably slightly cheaper than the Waterfront. Also along Main Street near the Waterfront are many restaurants and bars. Here are some of the ones I visited :
- News Cafe, a south african chain of restaurants attracting a young trendy crowd, great for snacks in the day or meals at night! Great food, very reasonably priced. Theres one on main St near the waterfront.
- Also on Main Street, not far from News Cafe is the Buddha bar, not really a bar, more a restaruant. I had fillet steak in here for 75rand, and it was great!
- The Waterfront. There are restaurants for all budgets but for something abit more classy, try Bait. A very posh place but the seafood is fantastic. me and a friend had 3 courses including a huge seafood platter for a main and 5 bottles of wine, all for 1300rand. Expensive by south africa terms but in English thats only £45 each! just the wine would cost more then that in London! Yet another South African bargain! All the seafood I had in Cape Town was fantastic! Steaks not bad either!

Comments