Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront Cape Town

Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 34% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• travelmad478's Profile Photo

Nice location for hitting the beach strand

I stayed once at the Radisson, which is located on the oceanfront, but a bit south of the V&A waterfront. (It's about a 10-15 minute walk, not too far.) The Radisson is a pleasant hotel, on the bland side, but with nice views and very easy access to the very long path that runs south along the suburban beaches. This is great if you are into running or walking--you can go for miles along the water. The Radisson is supposed to be a great place for Sunday brunch, although I didn't try it. One negative was that they charged an arm and a leg for Internet service.

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

watefront self catering apartments

These are cheaper than the watefront hotels with the exception of Breakwater. However, unlike Breakwater you do not have to share the bathroom with someone else. They are of course going to be more expensive than those on Granger Bay which are just one neighborhood up.

Directions: waterfront

• mirko77's Profile Photo

Luxury!

Excellent luxury hotel with all the amenities you would expect from a first class establishment.
    Probably not the most expensive in Cape Town, so I guess all in all a good value for money.

Unique Quality: The bar sells small but tasty snacks throughout the night.
    The breakfast buffet is delicious, though maybe not the best Radisson SAS breakfast ever had... (try Budapest!)

• It has the best view

This is my faviourite hotel in Cape Town for numerous reasons.

It has the best view overlooking the ocean on one side and mountains on the other, the food is great - mediterranean style, relaxed modern "sailing ship" decor, easy access to waterfront and major amenities in Cape Town.

Unique Quality: Fantastic , albeit small pool which overlooks the ocean.
    Fab cocktail bar for sundowners - and they still hand out free snacks!!!

Directions: Waterfront

More about Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront Cape Town

Loved the location

by TripAdvisor Member Kabeer

Hi,

We stayed at Radisson for 5 days during a recent trip to Cape Town. We loved our stay there. The best thing about the hotel was location. It is the only hotel in Cape Town that's exactly on waterfront. Hotel had a lovely oceanside bar where we spent a lot of time.

Good View, Shame about the service

by TripAdvisor Member LMB27

All the reviews seem to go on about the view, which is undeniably good. However service was not.
I requested an early check in, and was told on arrival to come back at 12, i did, then told another half an hour, went back at quarter to 1, only to be told they were checking, and then told no early check in. Would prefer people to be honest and say no, rather than keep hanging around.

Then on check in finally got key and went to room, only to find it reeked of smoke. Back to the front desk, 'we'll get house keeping to send someone up' i go back up with all my luggage, five minutes later they called to give me another room, so i have to take all the luggage back down and get a different key.

Then when after being out all day the next day, I couldn't get into the room as the key card hadn't been set right.

Not al that impressed really.

but views are good.

Overall a good experience

by TripAdvisor Member maxreach

We stayed at the Radisson for 7 nights in a two bedroom suite with our three children (17,15 & 5). The rooms were excellent and we were greeted on arrival by Antoinette the Guest Services Manager who could not have made us feel more welcome. The hotel had called me the day before our arrival to check what time we would be arriving and our rooms were ready within 30 minutes of checking in at 10 am.

During our entire stay all of the staff went out of their way to make sure all of our needs were met and I cannot fault the hotels service at all.

The only downside was discovering that some money had gone missing which had foolishly not been placed in the safe as it should have been.

Really Enjoyed the Radisson

by TripAdvisor Member Laroush

Stayed here for six nights in October. We were a group of seven in 3 rooms. Loved the location (walking distance to the V&A and some great parks, cafes right on the waterfront), always found easy free parking on the premises. The hotel seems to be popular with locals, too as it's bar was always hopping and week-end brunch seemed very popular. This place has the most amazing terrace right on the water.

The rooms were very comfortable and had nice touches like chocolate chip cookies, free water and interesting toiletries. Views on both sides are nice especially if up on the 4th floor. Only had breakfast once and it was very good with a large selection. Ordered room service for my kids a couple times and it looked really good.

The service was good and we had no complaints except that they insisted on charging close to USD100 to provide us with an extra (roll away) bed for my six-year old! I found this to be outrageous as never before have I been charged so much for a child to share my double room- usually it costs nothing. The fact that we were staying for 6 nights and paying for 3 double rooms made no difference to the management. This was very disappointing.

Having said that, I would still highly recommend this hotel and from looking around Cape Town, I think this is one of the best deals in terms of luxury, location and value.

I didn't want to leave!

by TripAdvisor Member 770

Spent 4 nights at the Radisson this week and had an amazing time. We were in a 4th floor room with car park view, although you could see a chink of sea. The room was great, the bed was huge, the bathroom with big oval bath was super! Service was excellent, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was amazing, sitting out in the sun on the terrace with the sound of the ocean and everything to choose from. Sitting out by the pool was great, hardly anyone was there and the staff were very attentive. The pool, although small, is beautiful and just right for a lazy swim. Cocktails were super - at about the equivalent of £2.50 each it was a cheap swish evening to sip cocktails on the deck with the stars twinkling and the waves crashing. The a la carte menu in the evening was really good too. Location is fine, you can walk to the V&A or get the Radisson's shuttle. Alternatively just walk the other way, turn right out of the hotel, and there is the quite safe, scenic 6km promenade to Sea Point with some excellent restaurants, bars and cafes on the way. I didn't want to leave!

Comments