St George's Hotel Cape Town

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 69% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about St George's Hotel Cape Town

South Africa won't hurt your pocket

by hawie about ST GEORGES HOTEL

Hotel Description:
It is a 4 star hotel yet a also cater to budgeted travelers.Located in the pedestrian mall and within walking distance to the water front. It attracts business man and Leisure guest. Offering the guest the best and relaxed comfort. Luxury accommodation combines here with warm hospitality and first rate service. It is situated for easy access of the cities top tourist attractions. Property Information:
-Theater style (from 20 to 200)
-Cocktail Reception (from 20 to 200)
-Banquette (from 20 to 100)
-7 meeting rooms

Policies and Disclaimers:
-Check In Time 14:00
-Check Out Time 11:00
-Travel Agency Commission 10%
-Child Age Free Of Charge 12visa, Master Card, American Express, Diners Club, Cash, 6pm reservation. -Guarantee Policy: All Reservations Require A Valid Credit Card Guarantee At The Time Of Booking
-Cancellation Policy: From 26-Feb-06 To 31-Dec-09 14 Days Prior To Arrival To Avoid Penalty Charges. 1 Night Fee Will Be Charged.

Parking

by JohnnyBGoode

Any suggestions for secure parking - I'm staying at St Georges Hotel & just looking for an alternative. The hotel only has limited parking - so I need a back up.

I will just be parking part of the day & overnight.

The hotel seems only to offer a valet service at 35 R & could add up to a bit if I keep having to tip the guy to fetch my vehicle.

Also what is a reasonable tip for the valet & also for those that look after your vehicles in other parking areas.

Cheers

Jon

RE: Parking

by Gerald_D

The nearest car park is Thibault Square, actually under the square, which is directly adjacent to the hotel. But that doesn't allow overnight parking as far as I know.

Then there is the Picbel Parkade in Strand Street - 5 minute walk away. R7 per hour during the day. R7.50 per entry after 6pm, hourly rate commences at 6am. 24hour service.

There is a an unusual system on on-street parking - it's different every time I try to use it! It's an employment project with lots of people taking money and explaining the system. About R6 an hour.

The above are all formal systems - no tipping.

Then, outside the city core, there are informal "car guards" who scrounge yellow bibs somewhere and hope for tips. I only give them tips if they really appear to be helping and not just begging for handouts.

Costs of daily Excursions In Cape town?

by cmwadeghuus

Hi, we are 8 pax from kenya. we would like to fly down and spend 5nights in Cape town sometime in December before christmass.Would anyone know what daily activities one would undertake while there?What are the costs of daily excursions?Are there also packages for excursions within cape town?We also want to know what are the rates at st Georges Hotel thats where we would like to spend our nights?Thanks.Charles

Re: Costs of daily Excursions In Cape town?

by sarahreynold

I hope the local experts will help, all I can say is that I have been looking into this and the tours were reasonable, I think USD 35-40 for many, the winelands day trip is one we will take, also of course Table mountain, we would like to go along the coast though just on day trips, sea Point and those other coast areas. I found the St. Georges for ZAR 340 a night, that is about USD 50 which I though a bargain, for thie price it's good, but I don't know if it's just the exchange rate but prices we have found we are happy with, I found those rates on Asiaoz who we use in this part of the world, www.asiaoz.com/south-africa-discount.html for their rates, there were other rates from Safarinow for Cape Town on www.asiaoz.com/cape-town.html, so you can compare. www.asiaoz.com/africa-sightseeing.html has some sightseeing ideas, though we plan to ask locals where best to book them.
I will be posting questions but we are thinking about September time.

Comments