twentytwo

22 Montrose Avenue , Oranjezicht , Cape Town, 8001, South Africa

More about twentytwo

Thanks Alan and Dominique

by TripAdvisor Member petercullom

I heard about 22 through friends. I had to be in town for business and needed a relaxing and fun place to stay, a home from home.
The hosts are the most wonderful people in the world, you feel really at home immediately. After a stressfull day you can relax when you go back to 22 with a nice cop of tea or coffee or something stronger that is made by Alan or Dominique. The pool is wonderful and the view is amazing. Next time when I am back in CT I am going back to 22.
Thanks Dominique and Alan.

Simply perfect

by TripAdvisor Member Alasdair28

Having read all of the reviews I was looking forward to my stay at twentytwo and it did not disappoint. My room (bedroom 4) had incredible views of the city and waterfront on one aspect and Table Mountain on the other. The whole property is incredibly tastefully decorated and furnished, and is comfortable as well as stylish.

Undoubtedly the best thing about twentytwo is Allan and Dominic, the two hosts who could not have done any more to make my stay enjoyable. Whether it was arranging car hire, booking restaurants for dinner, having pre-dinner drinks to share the latest gossip, or suggesting ideal shopping destinations, these two could not have done any more to help me make the most of my time in Cape Town.

Congratulations to you both, the hospitality industry in the UK could learn an awful lot from you!

Loved Every Minute...

by TripAdvisor Member Shyam15

I've recently returned from my 1st trip to Cape Town - stayed at twentytwo for 10 days...and it couldn't have been more perfect. From the impeccably and tastefully furnished rooms to the cosy 'downstairs' and beautiful poolside, it was Wonderful. But more than the decor, yummy breakfasts and well stocked bar, what makes twentytwo really special is the unobtrusively omnipresent duo - Allan and Dominic. As hosts, they are attentive, knowledgeable (great restaurant recommendations), charming, witty and ever ready with a hilarious story or two. I have no doubt that everyone who stays at twentytwo leaves feeling they've made two new friends - I certainly did. A & D even lent me a (high quality) tripod and field glasses for a 1-day safari that I went on....and a jacket when the weather turned unexpectedly cold!!

twentytwo isn't a B&B or a guesthouse ... it's more like staying with friends : ))

twentytwo is top of the line

by TripAdvisor Member Wolfman61

Our stay at the twentytwo in Capetown was a complete surprise. Our stay was booked through a professional association for a business conference, and it was a suprise that we were staying in a guest house as opposed to a hotel. When I realized this, I expected to be disappointed by a lack of entertainment, room service etc, and that's where the real surprise came in.

Our most gracious hosts provided for all our needs from personal to entertainment, booking taxi's to getting various reservations. Their advice on the do's and don't s of being strangers in a strange land could not be rivaled. The best consierge in the finast hotel cannot touch the service provided by the staff at twentytwo.

The property is beautiful, well appointed and well kept. The guest at the twentytwo will be lacking nothing. The neighborhood in which it is located is nicer then average and a short cab ride from anything one could want. Food and drink is plentiful and delicious.

The visitor who books a big hotel will never know what they have missed. We would not contemplate staying elsewhere in Capetown.

Wonderful start to our honeymoon!

by TripAdvisor Member Elles10

We stayed at twentytwo in November for the start of our honeymoon. We couldn't have wished for a better place to begin our trip to South Africa! Our room was gorgeous with lovely furnishings and the most beautiful view. Alan and Dominic were very generous hosts who also came up with some fantastic suggestions for excellent restaurants within Cape Town and also with ideas for places to stay for the rest of our honeymoon. The house itself is stunning with a quiet well laid out garden with which to enjoy the weather and of course the odd glass of chilled white wine from a well stocked fridge! Thank you again Alan and Dominic for a wonderful stay. xx Elle and Jeremy

A Hidden Treasure!!!

by TripAdvisor Member surgeon

Cape Town was a new experience for Paul and I and we approached 22 with a little excitement and nervousness. I will liken it to the anticipation of meeting your in-laws for the first time or a blind date.

Alan and Dominic offered to have a Taxi pick us up at the airport, which was a fantastic idea. We did not take up this offer and later regretted it as it costs us the same thing.

Taxi pulled up and we were literally greeted at the door by a handsome dare I say young gentleman, Dominic. We were shown around the house and instantly my fears were alleviated.

The decor is very vibrant, modern and it does earn its name as "boutique". It’s perhaps how you would want your 4 bed roomed house with a garden and pool to look and feel like if you had a healthy budget. For a lady like me who likes old traditional English and French decor (Laura Ashley Girl), I was impressed. The rooms are very individual and bathrooms sleek.

Allan and Dominic have very good local knowledge, so restaurants and taxis were booked for us. I have to say Paul and I are harsh critics, but the recommendations were excellent, Tank restaurant and Millers thumb.

The problem with 22 was we were only staying two nights as the rooms were booked the other nights, so on the third day we had to move next door to Rutland Lodge (see review).

This hotel is a very reasonably priced, especially if you are used to high London prices.

Breakfast by the Pool was idyllic; Paul had Continental and I had cooked. It was cooked by Allan, who clearly enjoys the task.

On our journey across the road, (Allan and Dominic carried out bags straight to our rooms in Rutland) the anxiety started again. We met cheeky Ross and our new room. Once again we were pleasantly surprised.

The boys bid us well and apart from our hotel fee the only other way I can say thank you is to recommend this truly boutique hotel. There are only 4 rooms, so would be great for a group of people if all the rooms are booked by you. The Oranjezicht area were is very lovely, well heeled and views of table mountain are not a rarerity. This is not real Africa, but is a great place to stay after visiting the real Africa.

We had a fantastic time. We refused to stay in room 101 in a "chain hotel" and thanks to the reviews of 22 in trip advisor we made a good decision.

I Hope you enjoy your stay!!

My new home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member LondonAlly

I had originally only planned to stay 3 days at twentytwo but after one night got on the phone to change my flights to squeeze an extra day there!

The guesthouse is stunning (I would recommend it to anyone planning to refurbish their own house, as I am currently doing, as a great source of ideas!): the rooms are spacious and relaxing and the garden/pool area is beautiful. The neighbourhood is lovely (with a wonderful deli/cafe on the corner) and, with a car, is very convenient to get around.

But the real joy of twentytwo is the wonderful, friendly service given by Dominic and Allan, which is never intrusive yet genuinely makes you feel like one of the family. This is a hard balance to accomplish in a small guesthouse but they do it with apparent ease. I'm genuinely looking forward to my next visit, which I hope will be soon.

Short but Sweet

by TripAdvisor Member Jigga140

We stayed at Twentytwo for three nights following an exhausting two weeks throughout S. Africa. Allen and Dominic were the perfect hosts during our stay. Every detail was addressed and they go beyond the call of duty to make your stay enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this guest house to anyone looking for a relaxing stay in cape town.

A Hotel that knows the true meaning of hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member clive&fran

We spent 7 wonderful days at twentytwo this February. Cape Town was a place we had always dreamed of visiting.

From before we arrived, to our day of departure, Dominic and Allan made everything so easy and stress free for us. From advising and booking restaurants, to even kindly delivering us personally to one, when our taxi failed to arrive.

Twentytwo has a wonderful location, great views, is tastefully decorated and they even do a cracking breakfast. Its two greatest assets are the owners who make you feel at ease from the moment you arrive, they pre-empt your needs without being intrusive, they simply get it right.

We cannot wait to return. Thanks guys you helped to make our holiday very special. Whole heartedly recommended full stop.

Clive & Fran

We will be back

by TripAdvisor Member jackie&mike

We had a truly memorable stay at number 22 at the begining of February. A very stylish , contemporary hotel with a lovely pool and garden area, where breakfast is served daily by the two hosts, Dominic and Allan. Our room was spacious, beautifully decorated and looked out onto our own sun patio, and with table mountain in the background , it was perfect.
But the main reason we will be back to number 22 is Allan and Dominic. They were the most fabulous hosts - any request we made during our stay , from booking restaurants, helping with day trips and even sharing several bottles of wine and entertaining me whilst Mike watched football on T,V. - all done with enthusiasm and genuine charm.
The hotel is in a lovely area of Capetown and a short ride from many good restaurants and tourist attractions.
One other treat at 22 is Monty the cat - he is a handsome boy and very friendly.
We will definitely be coming back. Jackie and Mike, Surrey U. K.

Comments