Stormsrivier Hotels

Our Members Say

• vpas profile photo vpas
  • Reviews: 728

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Swallow's Nest: Totally Recommend this

They have both bed and breakfast and self catering options. We had a self catering cottage with two bedrooms and two baths and big hall and dining and a lovely kitchen fully equipped. Since it was off season we were the only ones there and so we had a whole garden to ourselves. We stayed there only for one night but it was is so memorable and I love the people who were there. The lady who was managing since the owners were away was called Jean and she was a dear lady and so was the housekeeping lady, I forget her name now, but she was so special.
If any of you go there, convey my love to them. This place is really special. They made wonderful omelets for my boys.

Lovely garden with swimming pool, great breakfast if you choose to have it there, lovely housekeeping, superb rooms and nice locality to walk around, safe!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Eco-Tourism
  • Written June 3, 2013
Tip Photo

our dining room in swallow's nest

• IlseMeij profile photo IlseMeij
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tsalanang Township Bed&Breakfast: A great stay in a small place

People told me I should at least sleep over in a township when travelling in South Africa. Visions of getting lost in Soweto or some other big townships (near Capetown for instance) kept bugging me. Until I found on the internet a township b&b in a small village, Stormsriver in the Tsitsikamma area.

It has been great, easy to find, pretty much at the entrance of the township, which is not big at all, only about 400 houses or so. Geraldine, the owner and host, her husband Mart, a Dutch guy, and her kids inhabit dthe bed&breakfast. It's not very big, rooms do have own toilet and shower, nice homemade furniture. I stayed for 2 nights, had dinner twice, the first night we had a braai (BBQ) and the second night they made "potjikos" (some african stew made on a open fire). The first morning after a delicious breakfast, Geraldine took us (some UK guys and me) on a walk through the township, very remarkable. We visited the local school, creche and some "wire artist", which produces all kinds of funny things with wire, for instance picture frames and toy cars for kids.

My conclusion: sleeping in a township is recommendable, you don't especially have to go to a big city, this one in Stormsriver was fine!

Great dinner and breakfast, rooms are doubles with own toilet and shower, homemade furniture, excellent host, off street parking, excellent township and streetlife views, township walk included, "braai" (BBQ) area, garden.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Arts and Culture, Road Trip
  • Written April 24, 2008

The b&b from outside

• Doempie profile photo Doempie
  • Reviews: 39

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Storms River Mouth Rest Camp: Rustic Rest Camp

Tsitsikamma National Park stretches for 80km from the Krom River Forest Station to the Salt River and lies between the Tsitsikamma Mountains and the coast. Tsitsikamma National Park is one of the most beautiful South African National Parks and staying at the Storms River Mouth Rest Camp places you right at the mouth of the river, close to everything you would want to do.

They really have a very wide variety of accommodation types from 8-bed family chalets to 2 bed forest huts and camping sites. Therefore the prices also vary a lot! The prices quote below is per person sharing a forest hut (as shown in the picture).

Beautiful log cabins placed within walking distance of the hangbrug and otter wandelpad, the two must sees in this area!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Backpacking, Hiking and Walking
  • Written November 23, 2007

The forest hut

• johanl profile photo johanl
  • Reviews: 277

AT THE SEASIDE: STORMSRIVER NATIONAL PARK LODGES

The national parks provide excellent lodges and campgrounds very close to the sea, with nice views and at a reasonable price. Do book in advance as this place is very much wanted.

• Opinion of Price: N/A