3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Bakubung Bush Lodge

Accommodation in Pilansberg

by Jenniflower about Accommodation in Pilansberg

In my final year of Technikon, my whole year decided to go away for a –end-of-year celebration. Pilansberg was chosen!

This was my first time in this particular park. We camped and braaied (BBQ), and played guitars and had a ball.

A couple of my friends also went hot-air ballooning for two hours (lucky them!) I couldn’t go as it cost a lot. It is still a dream of mine to do this.

The campsite was fine, basic amenities (braai area/showers, baths and loos etc.). No problem whatsoever.

They also have other accommodation which is a lot more luxurious. Many stay in the five star Bakubung Lodge or Kwa Maritane Lodge. They are world class and cater for your every need.

Both of these lodges were clients of mine when I had my business in Cape Town, I supplied them with Christmas crackers, gifts for their guests etc. All ethnic and African-flavoured with little wooden animals with folk-lores attached inside.

Best Lodge of South Africa

by MariumNoman about Bakubung Lodge

This place was beautiful, the rooms, the facilities, the service...everything from A to Z was first class. The rooms were classfully decorated giving it a safaria nd jungle touch with cheetah printed carpet and all brown and beige tones.

very relaxing, comfortable and cosy rooms.

The food options were plenty and tasted very good. Being a Muslim we wanted Halaal food which was very well done for us.

Trip to South Africa was made double amazing just because of our stay there. Very green.

.Just outised the lodge was fencing where animals came to graze. Watching them was lovely. All green and serene.

Bakubung

by cokes

I booked to go for a game drive here at Bakubung which I totally enjoyed. It was a 3 hour drive in which we saw alot Elephant , Rhino , Lion and various antelope. We also had the option of have a bush braai there after the game drive but we didn`t do it as it was too cold. The game drive started at 3pm and finished at 6pm , they offered us blankets and juice and water when on the game drive.

At the Bakubung lodge there is a nice restaurant there if you want to have dinner or lunch there before or after the game drive.

I booked the Bakubung game drive when I stayed at Authentic French Guest House which was about half the price Sun City was charging for the same game drive.

Pilanesberg at Bakubung "Early Evening Safari"

by cokes

We Were so lucky to see some elephant and here and this was the bull elephant Amarula to keep things is order in the Pilanesberg as aparently before the younger bull elephants was killing the rhino`s in the park until they intruded Amarula to Pilanesburg which is older bull.

Some more pics of Amarula the dominent bull in the Pilanesberg.

We saw some more elephants as the day went on.

Looks like many animals like the Zebra was retreating to higher ground before it became dark to get out of sight of the lions.

We saw many rhino as well.

We stopped as the ranger told us to listen to this distress call from dominant male from some impala in the bush which we could hardly see in the dark. All of the sudden these lions appeared right next to us seeming to be on the hunt.

Bakubung is lodge where we stayed also which offered the safari plus bush braai which was really great. I would recommend it to all.

Outside view of BakubungOutside view of Bakubung

Bakubung Gate - Local MarketBakubung Gate - Local Market

The Pool At Pilanesberg....BakubungThe Pool At Pilanesberg....Bakubung

Local Market @ Bakubung Gate, Pilanesberg ParkLocal Market @ Bakubung Gate, Pilanesberg Park

place to stay next to sun city

by funkybee

i would like to know if i can find self catering accomodation around sun city at affordable prices

by Joeplaboem

As far as i rememeber Sun City is in a quite remote area. Outside the parc 'city' i saw only some little local villages. But no accomodation.
It may have changed as it some time ago i went there.

Take care on the road towards Sun City. We got some trouble as 2 white people where simulating that one of them got a heart attack in the car. When we pulled over for help to woman crying for help it was only to ask for money, because they lost everything in the Casino. I had to use my fists to get them away from me.

by Grootpiet

Bakubung in the Pilansberg reserve is an excellent self-catering resort about 10 - 15 mins. drive away from Sun City. Be sure to ask for a chalet rather than the condo type units.

by bidbud

The best places to stay near Sun City would be either a timeshare resort at Bakubung, Manyane or Kwa Maritane but the best value and accommodation may just be at the Sun City Vacation Club

Re: Re: place to stay next to sun city

by bidbud

You can search for Vacation Club accommodation at Sun City at www.for-rent.co.za

RE: RE: place to stay next to sun city

by Jenniflower

Hey, why not stay at Pilansberg Game Reserve? :) You get great accom plus can view game. Bakubung and Kwa Maritane are stunning places, but arent cheap... I would look at those sites mentioned and look for local b and b's. There wont be too many around as it is quite rural. But there will be some. The Cabanas arent as expensive as the other Sun City hotels (and certainly not the Lost City Palace lol) but would be more exopensive than a local b&b.

Comments