P.O. Box 308, Sun City, North-West South Africa, 0316, South Africa

Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 81% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Ultra luxurious

Unfortunately I have never stayed in this hotel, but then again Sol Kerzner prefers the main hotel to this one, so I think I will take my que from him. Also from prices ranging between R5,000 and R50,000 it is just a bit too rich for my blood. I have visited the hotel on many occasions and chances are good that you will bump into someone famous.

• Bushman23's Profile Photo

Ultimate Luxury!

Ha, i only wish i could stay here! I've been lucky enough to have an opportunity to wander around the Palace a few times, and everything about the hotel simply screams CLASS! from the magnificent dining room with its huge chandelier, to the triple-ply toilet paper in the bathrooms, to the Sistine Chapel-style reception area... The guests-only swimming pool is also a major attraction, and the gardens surrounding the Palace beggar belief.

The service is out of this world (I do know this - my cousin used to work here :-p), and if you want to do something unique, or any other activity, the helpdesk will make a plan!

Unique Quality: Well, whats not unique? a few years ago it was rated the 2nd best hotel in the world. there must be a good reason for this! I honestly can't think of another hotel in the world that could offer quite what the Palace hotel could... A totally original experience!

Directions: 1 1/2 hours from Pretoria, past Hartebeespoort dam, off the N4... follow the signs to Sun City... then drive straight on past the entertainment complex, up around the hill...

• Openseas's Profile Photo

Give me luxury anyday !

Firstly, I would like to say I am reviewing the Palace hotel not the whole resort.

We were originally booked into the Cascades Hotel but when we arrived we found that we had been upgraded to the Palace. For what reason, we are unsure off but we certainly were not complaining. Our room was beautiful, elegantly furnished in traditional furniture. The room was more like a suite with a large lounge and two chairs, coffee table, sideboard, TV, with a small balcony overlooking the running brook ,which flowed throughout the resort.

The king size bed was enormous with gorgeous pillows; the bathroom was just delightful with a touch of African décor. I truly loved my room, and I have stayed in numerous five star hotels around the world. This room had to be one of my favourites, it made me feel special. I know others feel this hotel is totally over the top but to me it represents luxury. The bed turn back service was also graciously done, with rose petals spread elegantly on the bed and little flower knots tied into the dressing gowns laid out gracefully on the bed. Little things or services in a hotel mean a lot to me.

The breakfast was fabulous, and I now rate it, the second best in the world. The selection of fruit, cereal, bread, yoghurts, and cooked American specialties with two Chefs was great. I rate it second, because there was no fresh juice chef like the Shangri –La in China and the Excelsior in Hong Kong.

We had cocktails in the bar, which was entertaining as the waiters like to have fun and share their humour with you. Dinner was again first rate in the Italian Restaurant.

My adult children also stayed in the hotel with us, their room was not as big but it was equally up to the same standard as ours.

Unique Quality: Staff are friendly and very helpful, maids excellent, laundry service efficient, swimming pool fantastic,restaurants fabulous,personally as a hotel; I could not find one thing wrong with it. I give it 10 out of 10. (I am a serious seasonal traveler)so its nice to be able to say, this hotel was just perfect.

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo

5* The Palace Lost City/Sun City

amazing. a real honeymoon destination!! I would highly recommend this hotel, very expensive but its wonderful

Unique Quality: STUNNING

Directions: see web site I have given

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo

Sunning it up at Sun City :)

There are three hotels you can stay in, The Cabanas, The Cascades and Sun City Hotel. The least expensive is The Cabanas.

Included in your hotel cost is a very generous buffet breakfast, with the highest quality fruit laid on. One thing that South Africa has plenty supply of is excellent quality, succulent fruit :)

Each hotel is fully equipped with all types of facilities. The Cabanas is the least expensive and the one that my brother and his wife's family stay in most often. They go annually.

Of the 3 hotels in Sun City, this is the least formal, and the most relaxed. They have all the facilities you would expect a hotel of this standard to have: Digital TV, television in the rooms, air conditioning (VERY important for this part of the world! The bushveld in South Africa is hot and dry)

It has 380 rooms and leads down to Waterworld.

• northernbaldy's Profile Photo

The Best Hotel Ever

I have stayed in lots of nice hotels & I have to say that this is by far the most impressive and my favourite.

As we turned into the driveway, we were blown away by the architecture & ornamental features and had to stop the car just to take it in.

Our room was huge, luxuriously furnished with an impressive bathroom.

The service is top notch. The Palace has it's own pool that is not shared with the rest of the resort (though you have full use of all of the resort facilities). When lying by the pool you wouldn't notice the staff as they were unobtrusive but they seemed to anticipate our every wish. If we stirred because we wanted a drink, a waiter would materialise as we were finishing the though. If we wanted another towel, a memeber of staff would be there with one.

If you want to to stay at one of the best hotels in the world, put this one on your list.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

SPLENDOUR PERSONIFIED

The main attraction at Lost City is the hotel, although it's not merely called the hotel, it's "THE PALACE.
    Why the Palace? Maybe because its outer doors are as big as King Kong. Maybe it's the dining room that's half the size of the Sky-Dome. Or Maybe -- and this is where fantasy borders on delerium -- it's the wilderness painting on the ceiling of the Rotunda that was created much the same way as Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel.
    Hans and I were only allowed in the main area as the security guard reminded us that we were not guests at the hotel -- sorry "the Palace".

• cokes's Profile Photo

Luxury of the Utmost

Well this is one stunning Hotel.

The Palace of the Lost City at Sun City is one of the most enticing travellers' destinations in the world, a tribute to man's imagination and revered for its art and architecture. Fabled to be the royal residence of an ancient king, it is truly one of the 'Worlds Leading Hotels". The Palace lavishes its guests with 5-star service, and is luxurious in every facet of its fabulous architecture and décor.

Unique Quality: Surrounding the hotel is a 25 hectare botanical jungle. The jungle is threaded with meandering paths, cascades, lakes and pools and a variety of water-borne adventure rides.

• dejavu2gb's Profile Photo

This is luxury

This is what I call... luxury.
    The Palace Hotel is just stunning in design and fantastic to make your stay extra enjoyable.
    The decor is stunning and very african. Go on spoil yourself!!

Unique Quality: Not to far from the Palace, there is the Valley of the Waves, which is a man made sea where you can brave the wave machine and ride the waves.

• GerryFM's Profile Photo

Supreme Luxury!!!

The Palace of the Lost City in South Africa is undoubtedly one of the world's most unique and imaginatively decorated hotels.

Within the Palace of the Lost City complex a fairytale palace awaits you, built with passion and dedication. The interior of the palace features beautiful mosaics and frescoes as well as hand-painted ceilings all paying tribute to the art and nature of South Africa. A trip to South Africa would not be complete without a visit or stay at the Palace of the Lost City.

At the Palace of the Lost City there are 338 rooms and four suites, namely, The King, Royal, Africa and Desert suites. They are the epitome of regal opulence and grandeur each being distinctly unique with hand-carved walls, frescoed ceilings and hundreds of handcrafted items.

All the luxury suites at the Palace of the Lost City have two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms as well as sauna and jacuzzi baths. A stay here makes you feel like a King in your very own Palace in South Africa. All the standard rooms at The Palace of the Lost City consist of an entrance foyer, en-suite bathroom, lounge and seating area as well amenities including air-conditioning, radio, tv, telephone, safe, minibar and butler station.

The Palace of the Lost City also boasts two beautifully designed bars. Both are ideal for enjoying traditional cocktails common to South Africa, pre-dinner drinks or a nightcap. At the Tusk Bar and Lounge no detail has been spared with three dominating arches, each made in the form of two huge teak elephant tusks. Adjoining the Villa del Palazzo you will find the elegant Palm Court Lounge of the Palace of the Lost City, offering Butler service in true South Africa colonial style, remnant of days gone past.

Unique Quality: WOW!! Takes your breath away.

It is even better in real life!!!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

Palace of Lost City, one of the worlds best Hotels

The Palace is an incredible luxurious Hotel,outside in front of the Entrance of the Hotel is a magnificent fountain and also a sculpture display with bronze animals
    full size running Antilopes and Cheetas chasing them(pictures in travelogue).
    Inside the Hotel a beautiful Dome 6 stories high.The Hotel is surrounded by beautiful gardens with waterfalls,
    .The Palace is one of the most extraordinary Hotels in the world ,the inside it has beautiful handcarved chairs and beautiful laid tables. the Hotel has 338 rooms and suites and they are decorated in typical African style that reflects the richness of the flowers in the area.
    Royal & Desert Suites decorated in African colours are available at request.

Unique Quality: A swimming pool ,wave pool with large white sandy Beach are ,nice umbrellas,a large area for walking with beautiful views.
    The standard rooms have entrance foyers,en-suite bathrooms and seating area,
    A.C , Radio ,TV, Mini Bar,and a Butler station.

Directions: North West side of Sun City near Lost City Golf Course.

Comments