Juba Hotels

Our Members Say

• calculator1235 profile photo calculator1235

Amarat Classic Hotel: Friendly and good Hotel in Juba - Southern Sudan

We booked the whole Hotel from day of opening for 10 days.
We organized the event for the President of South Sudan for the first independence day on 9th of July 2011.
We had there consultants, international chefs, waiters-trainers, F&B-managers but also technicians and engineers for the construction of the tent and the commercial kitchen containers.
We have been treated very friendly all the time and enjoyed the good food too.
I can recommend this hotel.
Little problems of the opening-phase, like low water-pressure and not highspeed internet connection could be managed by the owners fast and courteous.

• Written August 4, 2011
Tip Photo

Reception of the first customers by the staff

• lotombe profile photo lotombe
  • Reviews: 16

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Equatoria Hotel/Inn: The best accomodation in town.

Just about 2.5 km from the airport, this is pretty much the best place to rest, chill and enjoy some good food and drinks in the town. the service is funtastic to sudanese standards with a bouffet self service resturant.

A small hotel even by South Sudanese standards with just about 20 rooms boasting self contained suites with air conditioning which you will appreciate especially in the hot dry season from january-march with high humidity. But as a warning you will be alarmed at the pricing. Otherwise considering the lack of hotels in town, you will be happy there is a room for you.

• Related to: Safari, Food and Dining, Adventure Travel
  • Written April 6, 2006

• Larryman profile photo Larryman

Logali House: Expat Headquarters in Juba

My colleagues and I stayed for two weeks at this hotel. From the booking experience which was simple and responsive to arriving in this hotel we felt welcome and well looked after. Main Building Rooms are large, spacious with strong AC's and high pressure hot showers both a big plus coming in from the Juba heat.

Logali House is a kind of unofficial Expat Headquarters as many people meet here during the day for formal meetings, or making the dining room (with high speed internet) their offices. When it gets dark the meetings turn social and it seems Logali House is the thriving local bar for everyone to meet up at.

The menu is a chalkboard ever changing and always fresh which we were told, was to cater for longer term clients and the guests that have been in Juba for years and yearn for variety. Our favorite theme nights were Thursday night Mexican and Friday night South African Barbecue.

Logali House has a kind of 'feel at home' way about it where the staff remember your name and your usual drink and while work assignments are tough in Juba these small touches are a nice feeling at the end of a long day.

We highly recommend Logali House for business travellers to Juba.

George's Bar - very popular bar

• Written November 8, 2011
Tip Photo

• travelkgg profile photo travelkgg

Acacia Village: Best Hotel in Juba, South Sudan

Had a great (and long) stay at Acacia Village in Juba, South Sudan. As a place to stay / hotel in Juba, this place is certainly the best option.

The rooms are really nice - in purpose built cottages. All ensuite, with A/C, satellite TV, wireless internet, etc. Price wise it is much more reasonable than the other top level hotels in Juba.

The facilities are also superb - the place has a tennis court (the only one in Juba!), a swimming pool, gym area, and loads of open space to walk around with gardens and trees.
The whole compound (must be at least 6 acres big) is protected by 24/7 gaurds and a wall - really do feel very safe when there.

The service is good - the bar is run by a very friendly staff and is well stocked. The food is very good quality and the resteraunt has a nice ambience and setting.

I would definately reccomend Acacia to anyone visiting Juba and looking to stay in a truly comfortable place, at good prices.

The location is a real winner - out of the packed/crowded and noisy centre - loads of space for the facilities (pool, tennis, etc).

Rooms are great!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Adventure Travel, Business Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written February 24, 2011

View at Acacia

• billers profile photo billers

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Oasis Camp: Juba's worst accomodation

The steel rooms are poor as is the service. I stayed In feb of this year. The leg of my chair went through the floor throwing me out and hurting my back. After an exchange with the hotel ownerthey sent their insurance "people" to see me. I was told I'd be a "criminal statistic" if I continued to complain!
I have to say this isn't typical of the Southern Sudanese people who are lovely, just typical of the owners.
Don't stay there, go somewhere else.

Very poorly run

• Written October 18, 2012

• YosephA profile photo YosephA

Dembesh Hotel: Juba's No. 1 Hotel

I stayed in this hotel for one month on May 2013. I have honestly found it to be the best hotel in Juba. The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortably located. The Reception Lobby is the only one in Juba which is very wide and attractive. The hotel is highly secured which is why i see a lot of government VIPs staying at the hotel. The restaurant is a convenient place to enjoy various types of delicious dishes the hotel offers. The staff are very friendly, highly energetic and sociable. No wonder within short period of time this hotel has become Juba's no.1 it's all about the quality of service they are offering. Keep it up DEMBESH.

The rooms are one of a kind, luxurious and spacious. At the bar you can enjoy a wide variety of drinks, wines and alcohols accompanied by smooth jazz, blues music collection. The meeting hall with an approximated capacity of 140 person is Juba's first in its kind which is cinema style.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Food and Dining, Wine Tasting, Luxury Travel
  • Written September 21, 2013

Dembesh Reception Front View

• Didicarson profile photo Didicarson

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Logali House Hotel and Georges Bar & Restaurant: Logali House: Juba's best upmarket hotel offering

Having visited Juba a few times and now stayed in 3 of the various accommodation options on offer, I have no hesitation in recommending Logali House. It's conveniently situated as is 5 minutes from Juba Airport and Juba town. Juba traffic has grown considerably in the last year, so position has become increasingly important.

It's an old house which has been converted into a small hotel, of 21 rooms. The hotel is fully airconditioned, clean and well managed. The wireless internet connection is great and during my last stay, I noticed a number of people in the air-conditioned restaurant working for hours on end as they have great short and long term internet rates.

The staff are warm and as far as Juba goes, I would say offer the best level of service. The food is also consistently good which is not the case with many of the other establishments / hotels.

• Written November 8, 2011

Logali House Hotel

• tesf_beck profile photo tesf_beck

Hotel: Aron International Hotel

I have been been in Aron International Hotel for a week while my visit to the Republic of South Sudan. I stay was so good. The hotel is clean, new, the rooms has enough space to work with, and the staff are very friendly. The rate is also reasonable and the quality of food and the choice are very good.

1. The rooms are large enough to work in and very clean.
2. Their food is delicious.
3. The hotel is located in the very secured part of Juba.
4. The staff are very friendly.
5. They provide free shuttle service from and to airport.

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Work Abroad
  • Written July 22, 2012

Aron

• jsteve767 profile photo jsteve767

Hotel Asante: Safe stay

I stayed at Hotel Asante during a business visit last year. The facilities are great with a good pool, gym and standard luxury rooms. The hotel has won the United Nations Security and Safety Standards for secure stay, which encouraged me to stay at this hotel. The rooms are great and always cleaned thoroughly .The food served in the bar / restaurant area is superb and always a good variety to choose from. Friendly staff and it was a good stay for me. Recommendation = A big Yes

Gym

• Written November 7, 2012

Room I stayed

• Jenn-mac profile photo Jenn-mac

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Asante Hotel & Country Club: Oasis in Juba !

I found Asante Hotel quite accidentally which turned out to be a pleasant surprise. One of the couple of hotels that has a pool in Juba (nicely maintained of course!). Heard this hotel has been in business over 7 years successfully. I am sure one of the strongest reasons for success the location, which matters a lot in Juba mainly for security reasons. (heard they have won UN safety and Security standards which may be why many UN and diplomatic staff take shelter here) conveniently located after a few minutes drive from airport close to EU compound and US Embassy. my overall 3 week stay in that hotel was a pleasant one except minor shortcomings such once a beer was not that chilled (due to high demand I heard later). One reason I liked most is the friendly attitude of the staff.

a pools in a hotel in juba is rare. I liked this pool because it is new and well maintained with a bar an open air jacuzzi next to it and !! Beyond doubt they have the only fully air-conditioned modern gym in town. weight loss is the most popular program there by experienced fitness instructors.

• Written December 4, 2012

• sebblit7 profile photo sebblit7
  • Reviews: 100

Juba Regency Hotel: New place in Juba

As of June 2011, this is one of the newest hotels in Juba. It's been built according to the Juba mayors latest specs for buildings in Juba, i.e. brick and mortar, not container style, which is now banned apparently.

Limited DSTV service in rooms (i.e. 2 dstv channels), they have mainly Arabic programming, which runs from another satellite decoder. Basically by going into the IT control room I've figured out they have two DSTV decoders and each decoder can only be tuned to one channel. So if you're not happy with the two DSTV channels currently on offer in your room, ask them to change it, problem is the "technician" is never there, so you can go for days stuck on the same two channels. If you're familiar with a DSTV remote, ask them if you can change it yourself and they'll show you to the control room where you can change channels to your preference.

Aircon, fridge, tiled floors, brick and mortar walls, tiled roofs (not tin or plastic) so pretty shielded from the elements.

HOWEVER: NO HOT WATER. Which is ok(ish) since this place is so hot anyway, but they tell me they are putting geysers in. But a bit of a letdown since most of the other facilities here are better than other places I've stayed at.

The restaurant is ok, a large cool room with clean tables and chairs, but not a "meeting spot" for locals/visitors, no live bands, entertainment or anything like that, if you want to mingle and hang out get yourself a boda boda to someplace else.

Everyone here is super friendly, most of the contact staff you deal with are Eritrean, the local service staff are South Sudanese.

Breakfast is coffee/tea and juice as well as a plate of fresh fruit, followed by eggs (scrambled or omelette). I made a special request for Foul medames, and they've accommodated, so every morning I get my Ful (fava beans), stewed for 8 hours, flavoured with olive oil, garlic, onion, tomato, parsley...always delicious :-)

Free wireless internet throughout the hotel, in rooms and in the lobby, bar restaurant seems to be pretty decent and fast by Juba standards. I have had to reset the wireless router (choose the one nearest your room, found hanging on the outside wall in a passageway) once or twice to get internet back, it's a simple process, either tell the reception you have no network and wait for three days for the "technician" to come, or grab a chair from your room, use it to access the router which is high up on the wall, unplug the router, count to 30, replug the router... Bingo! Fast internet again :-)

The bar is large and airconned, it's no smoking though. They have plans for an outside bar and swimming pool which they say will be done in about three months. Already today I noticed they've put tables and chairs outside, but it's so flipping hot here that I wouldn't go sit there unless they had a pool and I could sit in my swimming gear.

One of the newest hotel in Juba (as of June 11) They make good efforts to ensure you're happiness, just ask and they will try to help. Rooms are great by Juba standards.

• Related to: Safari, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written June 19, 2011

bedroom

• NeilUSA profile photo NeilUSA

Oasis Camp Juba (ex-Civicon): Still the best in Juba

I was in Juba for several weeks on business in Feb/March and was somewhat surprised by all the new 'hotels' that seem to have sprung up since my last visit, 2 years ago. When I was in Juba then, I stayed at the Oasis Camp (It used to be known as the Civicon Camp but has changed owners). So I thought I would try a newer place and started off with Sunflower Camp. I spent 2 nights here and it was a nightmare. There is a reason why this place is $10-30 cheaper than other prominent hotels - Its because its overcrowded, run-down, the prefabs are packed like sardines and I had severe food poisoning from the restaurant at the camp. I quickly moved to Beijing Juba. And once again, its overly expensive, the service, atmosphere is typical of most Chinese run establishments - Big, gaudy and very very poor service. So I finally decided to go back to Oasis Camp. It really is an Oasis in Juba - Its located by the Nile. Prefabs are well maintained, large, air-conditioned includes satellite TV, Wireless and the rooms are all self contained. It seems that the new owners are trying very hard to improve standards - the meals were surprisingly good (full-board) and the management is very responsive. For Juba, this place is still the best and is slowly getting better. The staff and management are great!. There is also a nice bar by the water where you can enjoy a cold beer and a nice steak (Pricey at first but I came to appreciate the prices much more, as the manager explained to me that every single ingredient had to be flown in from Nairobi). Hotels in Juba are by no means world class - but neither is Juba and I do understand all the challenges the owners face in operating these establishements. - I DEFINATELY RECOMMEND OASIS

• Written April 15, 2008

• sebblit7 profile photo sebblit7
  • Reviews: 100

Beijing Juba Hotel: Expensive but things work

First visit to Juba, so by no means as experienced as some of the other visitors who've posted tips here. The Beijing Juba is currently US$150/night incl. b/fast and tax. The rooms are built in container style housing, but are pretty comfortable, including two single beds, an effective aircon, satellite TV, own bathroom with shower, sink and toilet, water is one temperature, luke cold/warm depending on the time of day, but quite refreshing at the end of a hot day. An electric mosquito mat and can of bug spray, bottle of water is included in the room rate. So the idea is to keep the mat plugged in, spray the room in the evening, keep the door closed and the aircon on full all night (Just take the blankets off the other bed so you can stay nice and warm and mozzie free) TV worked fine, haven't channel surfed but there is CNN.

The food in the restaurant is pretty decent Chinese, fried rice is particularly good, although I think there's a chicken shortage coz most of the chicken dishes seem to be lacking in it.

Breakfast is ok, most of it hot, great omelletes, but dodgy sausages, totally overly deep fried so they're kinda dry and crunchy.

The staff here all wander around with that lost and pathetic look of someone on a slave salary, both Chinese and local, which sucks coz prices are high so you'd expect they'd be paid a slightly decent amount... apparently not.

Beers are 7 Sudanese Pounds each, (US$3.50) which I'm told is overpriced as most other places charge 5 Pounds (US$2.50)

The place is clean and stuff gets done when asked, food and drinks arrive pretty fast too. Try the Chinese style Goat curry, pretty yummy.

They have a website (hosted in China) which apparently takes online bookings, although I didn't book using this route, try it and let us know if it works.

FREE Wireless internet doesn't work in the rooms, and in the restaurant/reception it's always running (except during power outages) connection speed is ok for checking mail etc, but if you wanna upload pix etc, you're gonna have to reduce the size or you're in for a frustrating time.

Can't fault the omelletes with tomato and green pepper. Gonna try the Tilapia tonight, the one I saw at the next table last night was HUGE.

• Related to: Study Abroad, Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written July 23, 2008
Tip Photo

• kaoriura profile photo kaoriura

Global Camp: Juba's best camp hotel

I stayed at the Global Camp since I was working for an NGO and we needed a place to stay for a long period of time when we were starting up our new project.

People in the Global Camp is very nice and accommodate whatever the demands that you make - we had a free warehouse on our own, we made use of the space availabe in the dining area for our meetings, etc. The food is nice, and it's relatively cooler than other places as there are lots of mango trees in the compound.

I guess the best part is the price. It was only $85, including three meals, laundry, and car ride from and to the airport. you may think it's still expensive, but it is quite cheap compared to other similar camps in Juba, where usually they charge between $120 - 150 for similar services. There are still people going for such expensive places, and I really wonder why they don't choose global camp.

So, I do recommend this place.

It is cheap compared to other camp hotels.
It is in a nice atmosphere under mango trees.
Staff service is perfect.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Work Abroad, Backpacking
  • Written October 6, 2007
Tip Photo

• breliza profile photo breliza

Civicon(Oasis camp): Jubas luxurious camp

This is the most comfortable place you can stay at in Juba.
Its made of pre-furbs but quite comfortable.
Plus you ge to enjoy the Nile the whole time.
The food could be better but thats Juba for you..........

• Written May 9, 2007