Dilling Hotels

Our Members Say

• mafi_moya profile photo mafi_moya
  • Reviews: 482

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

A slum: The best, worst and only place to stay

There's only one place to stay in Dilling, in a small street right beside the bus station. It's a communal room that's a breeding ground for mosquitos. I shared it with three guys who looked like they wanted to slit my throat. There was no water, but there was a hole-in-the-ground toilet, although it was overflowing with **** which submerged the whole of the floor. But hey at least it was cheap!

Probably the worst place I stayed in Sudan, and believe me I stayed in some pretty dire places. I even slept on the street a couple of times - this was worse.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written October 29, 2003
Tip Photo

Dilling

• maykal profile photo maykal
  • Reviews: 1360

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Laconda Ar-Rahman

IN the bus station down a mud-filled road is Dilling's only accommodation option. The owner, a senile mahusive jellabiyyad man, is generally friendly but as we were an unmarried couple, he was a bit reluctant to let us stay. We needed a muzzakira from the security police to say that we had nowhere else to stay, and eventually he led us into the one room dormitory, filled with smoking men. The elctricity cut during the night, we had no mosquito nets, and got very little sleep due to snoring. Also, the one shared toilet was a wee bit on the stinky side. At least it was cheap, and 3000 pounds per bed (about one dollar).

• Opinion of Price: least expensive