Arusha Region Hotels

Our Members Say

• Penelope4 profile photo Penelope4
  • Reviews: 461

Mount Meru Game Lodge: Intimate Place - the essence of Safari experience

Marc and Mia are very professional. They attended to my inquiry without any delay. They arranged for my safari tours and made sure that everything was in order.

I had lunch, dinner and breakfast in the garden. It was such an experience to have a great meal while looking at the sanctuary where animals silently eat also. Then the trees near you make some sounds and you look up and see either a big bird or a monkey. Really spectacular.

I paid US$ 162 including full board for a day stay with them. Visiting diplomats, I learned, pass by this lodge because of its uniqueness. The place is quite famous for its name and reputation. You'll find zebras, storks, peacocks, gazelle, black and white monkeys and eland (if that's what it is called - the big deer).

Outside my lodge is a beautiful hut where I drank a glass of white wine after the game drive. It was a very soothing feeling to relax there while monkeys pass by.

The food attendants, the receptionists - they are all verrrry friendly and attentive. I thought I was very well taken care of.

• Related to: Adventure Travel
  • Written February 12, 2010

• Greatwalk0 profile photo Greatwalk0
  • Reviews: 280

Naura Springs Hotel: OK Accomodation

The Naura Springs Hotel is nothing to write home about, but it may be one of the best options in Arusha.

During our stay we found the rooms to be somewhat dirty (concerns about bed bugs), with a bathroom that made the entire room smell at times, the hotel menu to be sub-par and were very disappointed with the spotty internet connection. On the other hand the staff were all helpful and friendly and the hotel includes a nice outdoor pool. Additionally, the security at the hotel seems very good.

Overall, the hotel is not great, but if you have a little flexibility and want a western-style hotel, it might be a good option for you.

The hotel overlooks Mount Meru, which, on a clear day, is very beautiful!

Outdoor pool

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 21, 2009

Poolside

• punkpin profile photo punkpin
  • Reviews: 77

Moivaro Lodge: Arusha Area Lodge

This lodge is in a nice location as long as you are not planning on going into town. The taxi price was quite high to take you into Arusha. The cottages are decent enough. I was offered lunch that would cost about $20 USD which I think is very expensive. It was 3 courses, but it wasn't very good. For dinner I asked for an appetizer menu. There were many more appealing options and the prices were a little more reasonable. I would describe the place as a 3 star lodge with 5 star prices.

I went on a walk and met the gardener who showed me the property and introduced me to his wonderful family.

• Related to: Adventure Travel, Hiking and Walking, Family Travel
  • Written May 14, 2008

• Srechko profile photo Srechko
  • Reviews: 268

Hotel Naaz: OK for one night

Hotel Naaz in Arusha, decent room with bathroom (no hot water though) we paid US$50 for a double including the breakfast. Internet shop is right across, and everything else a tourist might need is closeby. It is very centrally located and I can't imagine safer location in Arusha.

• Written April 10, 2008

Our room

• VA_Dave profile photo VA_Dave
  • Reviews: 90

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mount Meru Hotel: Good Arusha Hotel

We were paying about $100 an night in downtown Arusha when Sunny Safaris asked us if we wanted to move out to the Meru for $25 per night. Great move!

Sunny Safaris got us a $25 rate for 2 people per night but I think their standard rate is higher: $50 to $100. So you should try to get your Arusha safari company to book the rooom. I think the Mount Meru gets a lot of tour traffic.

Our favorite restaurant was the local dive: The VIP Club, just across the road from the Mount Meru. At first the cab driver would not take us there because there were no other tourists, but he finally agreed to take us, come in a get us seated, and come back 1 hour later to pick us up. We can recommend the Nyama choma (Swahili for "grilled meat." ). Just be sure your teeth are in good working order. We heard later that Tanzanian beef is not aged, so it is a little tougher than we are used to in the USA.

One side faces spectacular Mount Meru, but we were on an almost as good side facing a tranquil golf course and flowering trees.

• Related to: Safari, Photography, Mountain Climbing
  • Written June 17, 2005

• sakuyaini profile photo sakuyaini
  • Reviews: 32

Arusha Crown Hotel: Affordable and right in the middle of Arusha

This is a new hotel, staff are super friendly, restaurant have good food, rates are affordable because they are not listed as a tourist hotel. Once a hotel is listed as tourist hotel, the price shoots up. The hotel is right in the middle of Arusha, an internet cafe across the street, just a few blocks to the market. Very safe and very clean. I totally loved my stay in that place.

• Written June 2, 2005

• laetitiad profile photo laetitiad
  • Reviews: 206

Kia Lodge: Kia Lodge

Kia Lodge Is very close to Kilimanjaro Internatinal Airport. We spent 2 very relaxing days there before going on safari. It's a very nice and easy going place, located in a beautiful garden. Though the airport is very close, there are not many planes so it's not a problem.

a beautiful view on the Kilimanjaro, wonderful garden.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Photography
  • Written February 11, 2005

View from the pool

• untpsci profile photo untpsci
  • Reviews: 8

Golden Rose Hotel: Negotiate FULL room & board and SAVE big $$$

I negotiated my rate at this hotel via email, for a total price of $680.00 (USD) this inclued all of my meals and beverages excluding beer, of course. Granted its not the Hyatt, but it was clean the food was great! ...and the staff are out of this world. I was really made to feel at home.

I had a carving for something that the staff did not know how to prepare. So, the asked me if I would mind showing them how to make it. I actually, appreciated that suugestion. This is a small hotel hotel with only 22 rooms so the guests are made to feel as though it is truly there home. For the uniqueness of the hotel comes from the staff that make every feel so welcomed.

• Related to: Study Abroad, School Holidays, Budget Travel