Toure Drive Msasani Peninsula, PO Box 6300, Dar es Salaam, 6300, Tanzania
Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 16% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Dar es Salaam

Fishermen on their way to do their jobFishermen on their way to do their job

wedding slipperswedding slippers

Garden, Key West bar/restaurant , Dar es SalaamGarden, Key West bar/restaurant , Dar es Salaam

Bajadi, Dar es SalaamBajadi, Dar es Salaam

Housing in Dar es Salaam

by Juhanip

Hello!

I'm coming to University of Dar es Salaam in January 11th. I need an apartment/room for 5 month.
Please contact,
juhani.pelkonen@gmail.com

by cidy

Econo lodge is a budget hotel in Dar town,offering affordeable rates.Just incase you dont get an appartment you can simple contact Econo lodge in Dar Salaam.

by Odinnthor

For anyone moving to another country, it is a good idea to contact some of the expats, - people that already did what you are about to do. This is how. Here are a few websites involving Dar es Salaam expat community. Log on there, and ask questions.

These are just samples. There are more. Just Google Dar es Salaam and expats, and you will find them. Good luck!

by ndeyanka

Hi Juhanip. I am a real estate broker in Tanzania with a company. I can find you a house any where in Dar es Salaam. Please tell me whats your budget per month. Email me at info.livetz@gmail.com

Travel Tips for Dar es Salaam

Bribes

by Penelope4

I was asked by a government official who asked me to give him US$ 20 but I somehow managed not to embarrass him and still not to get bribe.

We should help the country in general by not playing along with the corrupt folks. You will notice that there are countless hardworking Tanzanians and if they continue doing so, their country will become prosperous someday.

Africa is a big continent!

by Bwana_Brown

This map, taken from my 1971 Michelin Map #155 of Central and South Africa (with Madagascar) shows that my 'home' base of Luanshya, Zambia was located about halfway between the Indian Ocean to the east and the Atlantic Ocean to the west. Although I made a few trips south to Lusaka and Victoria Falls, as well as a few southeast to Malawi and some north to Zaire (Congo), it was not possible to go too far in those directions due to all the civil wars/unrest taking place in Angola, Congo, Rhodesia and Mozambique. As a result, other than a couple of forays into Zambia's northeastern areas near Lake Tanganyika, my October/November 1973 trip to Dar es Salaam and Nairobi was the big one. On my way back to Tanzania from Nairobi, I took the scenic route down through the Amboseli and Tsavo Game Parks to Mombasa on Kenya's Indian Ocean coastline, before coming back into Tanzania for the return trip to Zambia. The one-way distance between Luanshya and Dar es Salaam is 990 miles (1600 km) while continuing from there to Nairobi takes in another 420 miles (680 km). The distance from my 'home' in Luanshya to Dar is equivalent to a drive between Boston and Chicago or Paris to Rome (but not on super highways!). The distance all the way to Nairobi is the same as that between New York City and Miami or Madrid to Prague.

Thank you for your question.In...

by TALAKA__YAKO

Thank you for your question.In Dar es salam there is the
nice gallery called NYUMBA YA SANAA you can see alot of
originally hand craft and you can met and talk with
atist there also near there is the nice hotel called
SHERATON HOTEL this is including V.I.P. Ofcouse The traditional music its nice memory ffor me
and I miss when Im away of Dar es salaam

There is the many interesting...

by TALAKA__YAKO

There is the many interesting in Dar es salaam among
NYUMBA YA SANAA ART GALLARY there is alot of original art
works an also you can met and talking with Artists direct
near there is the nice Hotel it called SHERATON HOTEL
this including originaly persons and V.I.P. I like the tradsitional music ansd Im enjoy when Isaw the
people they dance so I miss when Im away from
Dar es salaam

When is the best time to fly to Dar Es Salaam

by Penelope4

I have asked the people at the hotels and read the reviews. The best time to fly to Dar Es Salaam is from June to August. The average high temperature is 29 degrees Celsius. The average low temperature is between 18 and 20 degrees Celsius.

If you decide to travel between August to May, then be ready with the heat.

Comments