Kivukoni Street, PO Box 9574, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, The Kilimanjaro
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 99% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• DSM best Hotel

newly renovated hotel, very nice rooms, and the best view of the Harbour and the indian ocean beyond. i loved their infinity pool. Trying their spa is a MUST. Best Restaurant in town: L'oriental

Directions: Right by DSM harbour

More about Kilimanjaro Hotel Kempinski

egonwegh's new Dar es Salaam Page

by egonwegh

On our flight to Dar es Salaam we had a splendid view of Mt. Kilimanjaro with its deep crevasses and summit covered with snow. A spectacular sight! My brother-in-law met us at the airport and we drank some coffee in a bar above the arrival hall. The airport building is very interesting from an architectonic point of view. It has a high roof on concrete pillars. From Dar we departed for a long journey to the new capital Dodoma, located in the geographical centre of Tanzania ; along the road we noticed several specialized markets (e.g. a special wood market), some butcher's shops and hotels with fanciful English names.

We returned to Dar about a week later by bus, arriving at one of the town's central bus stations, and took a taxi, which cost us about 1500 T.Sh, to the Skyway Hotel, where we had a double room with shower and airconditioning. The hotel itself did not have a very pleasant atmosphere, with simple wooden tables and torn net curtains, but the service made up for that ...
The morning after our arrival, we booked seats on the ferry to Zanzibar, and went for a walk along the harbour. We passed the State House and visited the National Museum with a collection on anthropology and some Arabic and Chinese finds.
In the evening we went to the Kilimanjaro Hotel for dinner. We passed the harbour front when it was already getting dark. Suddenly two robbers appeared, whom I suspected of carrying knives as well, who wanted to take our bag! We were very lucky to be able to run away from them onto the streets and into the lights of some buildings.
In the Kilimanjaro Hotel we had a good meal, there's an excellent view from the restaurant, called The Summit Restaurant, where you can enjoy the harbour lights.

Marangu hotel - Kilimanjaro trip

by Gard

Hi

I'm planning a Kilimanjaro trip in the beginning of October and I still haven't decided on which tour operator I will use. The first option is to go for Zara which is one of the bigger operators. The other option is to go for Marangu Hotel (http://www.maranguhotel.com). I would like to hear from people who have used Marangu Hotel as a tour operator when climbing Kilimanjaro.

Regards
Gard
www.gardkarlsen.com

by safardreams

Hi, if you don't have anything carved in stone yet. For 2 safaris to kenya
I went with eco-resorts. I'm going back there next year. I'll be going with them again. Give them a check
and a call. www.eco-resorts.com
contact melinda rees:
melinda@eco-resorts.com Tell her David w. from the states said to call.
Good luck, let me know what comes of it.
David

by Gard

Hi

Thanks for the feedback. I'm just back from Kilimanjaro and I used Marangu hotel as the tour operator and I was happy with them. I will post more info on my page later on :-)

Regards
Gard
www.gardkarlsen.com

by safardreams

Ok good! If you need anymore input. Let me know.
cheers, david