Crater Rim Ngorongoro, Arusha, Tanzania

Orbitz.com Tingo.com Despegar.com

• ari1974's Profile Photo

Overly popular but very nice lodge for ngorongoro

Typical very nice Serena lodge:
    Good food, included in the price
    Stunning grounds and views of Ngorongoro
    All amenities provided, including wifi

The main benefit of the lodge is the stunning views of the ngorongoro crater (it is on the crater rim). The dining room area has some of the best views, and the best food of the serena lodges we stayed at.

The heat in our room was a bit minimal, so bring warm pjs.

We enjoyed the entertainment the lodge provided before dinner -- some reviewers have equated that to a cruise ship experience because of how crowded it is, but we found it enjoyable.

More about Arusha

Menu in the loungeMenu in the lounge

One of the many school busesOne of the many school buses

Near the front doorNear the front door

Arusha - On the MapArusha - On the Map

Travel Tips for Arusha

Cash Society

by fishandchips

Most places you go to for the purpose of buying items will only be able to handle cash purchases. This requires you to have plenty of notes in your pocket!

Fortunately there are good options in Arusha including Barclay's Bank on Serengeti Road. You can change travellors cheques and foreign money for local stuff at the Impala Hotel though the rates are not too good.

A the Barclays Bank there is an armed guard on duty so no worries getting your money. Just make sure you store your cash safely in either a money belt or zipped up pocket.

Living and loving in Tanzania!

by wendyinarusha

Hi, I live in Arusha, its that simple, been here 4 years and the life is wonderful, I work in the Safari Industry and I love the opportunity to meet clients from all over the world, although I hate that horrible "Sponge Off You" mentality, being Australian I am normally, laid back, exciteable, open, friendly, and helpful, I do what I do, because I love it, have have three children, thats where the Loving comes in!!
Living in Arusha is an adventure......
And you know living here you can make a difference in the lives of so many, so next time you want to buy something really frivolous, think $20 can feed and school a child here for a month......

Comments