Did you mean?Try your search again
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 97
Nyampulukano Motel (or something.....): Best place to stay in twn
I haven't ever stayed here myself, but I have seen the rooms and it is VERY nice. It's also the only guest house in Sengerema that I would recommend to people coming by Sengerema. The other guest houses in town (with a few exceptions) are simply too local and too scruffy - even for an experienced traveller. Add to that, they are no way near safe and are almost always located next to a bar (not a good sign).
The motel is next to the telecentre on the way out of town, which is a good thing, because then your sleep is not disturbed by the noices from the street that go on all night. The motel is only a few years old, and the rooms are big and clean. There is even a toilet/bathroom (but no hot water of course - not in this part of the country). There is a small bar in connection with the motel, but since most people go down town, you will probably be able to get some sleep. No food included and obviously no restaurant.
It costs around 7000 tsh for one night in a double.
- Reviews: 97
Hospital: For a longer stay
If you are staying in Sengerema for a longer period of time (say 6 months or more) and you are doing some sort of research (especially if it is concerning health care issues), you could try asking the hospital administrator Mr. Mihayo or the local DMO if you can get a room at the hospital guest house. It's situated on hospital grounds, there is a guard, it is totally safe and somone slashes the grass and keeps it nice! I stayed there for my entire field work and I absolutely loved it. There are 5 rooms with baths, a shared living room and a kitchen with an oven and a small refrigiator. It is the best thing you can get.
Pro's: secluded, safe (an mlinzi sleeps at the porch every night!), refrigiator, oven, running (cold) water, connected to the hospital generator (=fewer power cuts) and you will get to know the hospital staff which is a great advantage if you ever fall ill. I payed 3000 shillings pr day (everything included)
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
- Visit Tanzania
- Experience the Culture & Beauty of Tanzania on a Custom-made Trip. www.audleytravel.com/Visiting_Tanzania
- Resorts Tanzania
- Search for Resorts Tanzania Find Resorts Tanzania www.wow.com/Resorts+Tanzania
- Hotels: Booking.com
- Lowest price guarantee! Book at over 300,000 hotels online www.booking.com/Hotels
Explore the World
- Tanzania Hotels
- More Than 10,000 Images From Over 600 Lodges in Tanzania www.africatravelresource.com/tanzania
- Tanzania Safaris
- National Geographic Award Winner Custom Itineraries & Private Guides www.voyagetrek.com/Tanzania_Safaris
- Hilton Hotels Tanzania
- Superb Hilton Hotels in Tanzania. Hilton Tanzania Hotels - Book Now! tanzania.hilton.com/Hotels
- Tanzania Vacations
- Tailor-Made, Daily Departures Contact Us Today and Save! www.wild-journeys.com/
- Courtyard® By Marriott
- Book Courtyard Hotels at Official Site. Find Locations Worldwide. www.marriott.com/Courtyard