Togo Hotels

Our Members Say

• Reviews: 3692
HÔTEL ARISTOS: FERMÉ !!!!

The Hôtel Aristos is listed is several guidebooks as one of the top hotels for comfort and location in Lomé. Unfortunately those guidebooks are now out of date. The hotel, despite still having its name painted faintly on the top of the building, is no more. It has been turned into upscale apartments and a travel agency.

Sorry.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written September 30, 2012

IT IS NO MORE !

HOTEL NAOLEON LAGUNE - LOMÉ: I WISH I HAD STAYED

It’s a long story. I made a reservation with this hotel, then forgot and didn’t stay here. I wish I had! This is a nice hotel and a reasonable price – if you book with them directly. I have their website link below. The hotel is across the bridge and lagoon from the main part of Cotonou. It has an excellent location about 30 feet above the waters edge. There is a nice pedestrian path along the waters edge and the hotel is in a very quiet area. He bar and swimming pool area are very nice and you can sit outside and have a nice drink or a full meal at one of the covered tables. I found the staff fun, lively and very helpful. I really wish I had stayed here.

I reached the hotel for about 300CFA from just about anywhere in Cotonou, including the border.

Considering all you get, this hotel is a real bargain. They have 21 air-conditioned rooms starting at 23,000CFA (35€, $46). Rooms include satellite TV, telephone, free wifi, and a safe. The hotel also has its own generator so no need to worry about power cuts.

The hotel has a nice restaurant and their signature disk is crocodile. They have 2 nice bars, the Blue Lagoon near the pool and Napobeach by the waterside.

With only 21 rooms, you may want to reserve early.

* Scenic and quiet location
* Wonderful staff
* Nice pool, restaurant, bar area
* Nice area to walk around

• Related to: Women's Travel, Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written April 22, 2012

HOTEL NAOLEON LAGUNE - LOM��

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

HÔTEL LE GALION - LOMÉ: NOT SAFE OR CLEAN

I found this place to be a bit concerning. When you first find the place you realise it is in a good area of Cotonou. Entering the courtyard you see a lot of French guys whacking away on their laptops making the most of the free wi-fi. Nice enough bar inside and a reasonable restaurant according to reviews. I was shown my room in the adjacent courtyard and entrance. That’s when I started to realise things were not quite right. The room was well worn, sheets stained, bed not so great and the air-conditioning had a nasty high-pitched amazingly loud whine. The bathroom had a boarded up bath, bizarre shower in terms of spurts of hot water) and a toilet. Not much else. I quickly realised that ANYONE could look over the main courtyard and see displays of wealth – expensive laptops. So anyone walking by can see 1-6 months wages on every table and they can spy on the main courtyard without being seen. They could then walk into my area of the hotel, shut the high gate behind them and not be able to be seen or heard by staff should they wish to break into your room. Of course there is no safe in your room. Yes, it’s cheap by European standards – but about average here.

Supposedly it’s Swiss owned. You would think they would have SOME security arrangements. I had to put a security door bar underneath the door (pictured). When I cam back to the room the live band was playing next door. Someone could have kicked the door down in my annex and no one would have heard a thing.

I have rarely been concerned about security in an African hotel. I have had 2-4 people watching my room, guards with guns and even CCTV in cheap hotels. I have even had a guard who slept behind the one entrance door. Intruders would have had to walk on him after battering a steel door to get in. And that was a $6 a night hotel (in Ethiopia)! I have stayed in some ‘interesting’ and even dangerous places in the world – even in the USA. This was just a stupid arrangement and poor quality accommodation.

No, anyone could walk in off the street and lock the high gate behind them.

Stupid!

So, bad room, bed, air-conditioning and security. Pay an extra 4500 CFA (6€, $8) and you could stay at the fantastic L'Hôtel Equateur! click here for review

* Anyone can walk into the hotel from the street. Anyone.
* Dirty

• Related to: Women's Travel, Seniors, Family Travel
  • Written April 20, 2012

MY SECURITY DOOR BAR !

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

L'HÔTEL EQUATEUR: THANK YOU

I arrived in Lomé in the middle of the hottest month feeling like I was on the Equator. The end of my journey was a warm welcome in a cool reception and an air conditioned room that was heaven. I love this hotel. The staff could not have been nicer. My room - for the price in Lomé - could not have been better. My room had both air conditioning and a large ceiling fan. This is actually amazingly comfortable and helpful with laundry if used correctly! My bed was just right. Goldilocks would like the room as well. My bathroom was large, spartan, and was just fine. I had a TV with a Satellite box. I never plugged either in. Everything was clean, a little warn, but pure luxury at the end of a very hot day.

My day was so long I did something I have never done - I ate in the Hotel Restaurant. Wow.

The restaurant is a wonderful dinning option in Lomé all by itself. A wonderful open air - thatched rooftop experience. It is also a very chilled out bar and you can relax on one of the lounge chairs on the sun terrace. I had an excellent Salade du Chef and the Antelope. As you do. Delicious. And the friendliest service. This was absolutely affordable heaven a healthy walk into the middle of a very hot and busy city. Yet just far enough away to be quiet, peaceful, secure and one for the best hotels for the money in any African capital city.

If I ever go back to Lomé I will stay here.

Just a few notes:
* Not all motorcycle taxis know the place - make sure they do first
* Its 250-300 CFA from the border on a Taxi Moto
* The road is sand, but that's Lomé! This is actually an upscale neighborhood
* They are not good with answering emails. They speak enough English - telephone ahead
* They only have 11 rooms - telephone ahead!
* They have cheaper rooms - I paid extra for air-conditioning and paid about 22,000 CFA
* If you don't have it - just ask! They forgot soap - not a problem!
* Be nice and patient with these folks and they can do anything including car rental and tours.

* A great nights sleep
* Great value
* Great rooftop restaurant
* And rooftop bar !

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Food and Dining
  • Written April 12, 2012
Tip Photo

OUTSIDE OR INSIDE - ITS ALL GOOD !

• mkouletio profile photo mkouletio
  • Reviews: 2

Ibis Hotel Lome: Comfortable franchise

We spent a fun day with an ocean-view room at a pretty good price just around $100. Staff very friendly and the pool was an amazing perk. The hotel rides a line between a local institution and the IBIS franchise but visitors from afar should find a certain comfort with the quality of the rooms and service.

Hands down - the pool and location are unbeatable. Ocean-front rooms are absolutely lovely.

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written March 8, 2011

Hotel le Lac, Abgodrafo: Hotel le Lac, Peace and Quiet at Lac Togo

Spent 3 mid-week days at Hotel le Lac, Agbodrafo, on the edge of Lac Togo. For all three days, we were the only guests in the Hotel.

The accomodation is in rooms arranged along the edge of the Lake overlooking the clear waters. The room we stayed in was spotlessly clean with good A/C, but a shower that wasn't perfect.

However, the room was on the whole worth the CFA 44000. Strangely, there is a cheaper rate at weekends (when the Hotel reportedly gets much busier). This seems counter-intuitive and someone hasn't got the supply/demand equation quite right.

You can hire pedalos and jet skis from the Hotel, and these are apparently very popular at weekends. As the only guests, and with pirogues passing from the village to Togoville, the use of anything motorised and loud would have felt completely wrong. The Hotel can, on the other hand, arrange a trip to Togoville in their own pirogue (see my tip in things to do).

The restaurant was not massively impressive, with many items not available (not surprising in view of the lack of guests), but we did feel a bit like we were imposing on the staff sometimes who clearly couldn't wait to finish work and get home. The cost of food and drink is unsurprisingly expensive.

Another positive, however, is the good, clean swimming pool.

It's a short walk into Agbodrafo where you can visit the local attractions, the beach and other hotels. There's good access to shared taxis at the main cross roads near the Customs Post. As usual where shared taxis are often picked up there are also good street stalls selling everything you might need for a journey such as essi water, peanuts, fried plantain crisps etc.

In order to get away from the expensive prices in the Hotel, the Titanic Bar on the road from Agbodrafo to the Hotel (near the crossroads) provides good African ambiance and proper pricing! See separate tip.

Unique for its spectacular lakeside location. Stay on Togoville's market day to watch the constant stream of pirogues passing. It's worth a bit of expense for some luxury.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written January 17, 2011
Tip Photo

Walking along the Lake at sundown

Hotel le Galion: Affordable Accomodation in Lome

Located in the Kodjoviakope area of south west Lome, Le Galion is an excellent budget choice for accomodation in Lome. The main building is a charming restuarant/bar with rooms above and a pleasant courtyard with table for eating and drinking.

The hotel also owns two neighbouring properties, with rooms in each.

Our room was an en suite double in one of the annexe buildings. When we moved in, the standard of cleaning could have been better, but the following day a more thorough job was done. The bathroom was a bit grotty, but acceptable. For the price of CFA15,000 per night, I was happy with the standard of the accomodation, and the location helps to make it good value.

The hotel's restaurant serves good food at reasonable prices in the restaurant and in the courtyard. There is live music on a Friday night.

The best aspect of the Hotel le Galion is the bar and restaurant area, incorporating a very pleasant courtyard.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written December 6, 2010

The courtyard at Hotel le Galion, Lome

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Chez Fanny: Wonderful Welcome to Kpalime

Chez Fanny is a 6 room hotel/guesthouse on the main road into Kpalime from Lome.

The hotel is run by Fanny herself and her husband. We booked by phone after arriving in Togo, and there were no problems with the reservation. The hotel is spotlessly clean and the room we stayed in was a great size with a comfortable, large double bed and a good wardrobe. The bathroom was not exactly perfect, but completely acceptable and better than most in Togo. All rooms are air conditioned.

Fanny runs a very popular restaurant at the hotel as well (she ran restaurants in France for many years before returning to Togo) which serves excellent food - we ate there on 2 of our 3 nights in Kpalime. An American Tour Group in the area came specifically to Chez Fanny for dinner despite staying at another hotel in town - an indication of how good Fanny's is.

The staff are excellent and nothing is too much trouble for them.

The restaurant is on the ground floor, but there is a small terrace outside, and a large one on the first floor. The first floor terrace was not used much, but we sat up there before and after dinner a few times and very pleasant it was.

There were intermittent problems with the electricity and water supply, but these were Kpalime-wide and nothing to do with the hotel who have a back up generator and laid on large containers of water for each room so that we could shower "a l'Africaine".

Fanny was on hand pretty much constantly to chat and provide advice or help. She also recommended a very good guide for walks and trips in the area.

The room cost CFA15000 per night, with breakfast extra. Main courses in the restaurant varied in price up to about CFA6000 for a fantastic Civet d'Antilope.

The most appealling aspect of Chez Fanny is Fanny herself. She is the perfect host, and her approach rubs off on the excellent staff.

• Written December 4, 2010

Chez Fanny, Kpalime

Hotel Cote Sud, Lome: Good Value

Reserved this hotel for two nights at the beginning of my trip to Togo following their excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.

The Hotel itself is small, and we were given a good sized room with a very comfortable bed and en suite bathroom. The bathroom was passable rather than good. Everything was perfectly clean. The cost was CFA18,000 per night.

My main concern was with the staff. They were not rude or surly, and in fact were very pleasant. However, they didn't seem to know how to make you feel welcome. We arrived late at night, for example, and we were shown straight to a room without a word of welcome or the usual pleasantries. We had to ask for a drink on arrival, I felt as if I was imposing on them. I'm sure that this was not their intention, but it was the effect.

In terms of location, it's a mixed bag. The location is pretty central, and it's also close to the main area for nightlife on the Blvd 13 Janvier if nightlife is your thing. However, it's a loud and uncompromising neighbourhood and if nightlife isn't your main priority, I would recommend the Kodjoviakope area as somewhere more laid back and quieter.

We ate an evening meal in the hotel, and breakfast both mornings. The breakfast omlettes were good, and I was very impressed with the standard of the evening meals.

• Written December 2, 2010

View from the Terrace at Cote Sud, Lome

• lalikes profile photo lalikes
  • Reviews: 169

Hotel Palm Beach: Highrise Hotel in Lome across from the beach

We had reservations at a dump before this place so it made it feel like Hotel Palm Beach was a dream. Rooms were soooo outdated, it was a joke. Rooms were clean and the bathrooms seemed renovated, especially compared to the rooms. The A/C was stellar. After a hot and sweaty walk (and getting lost) to our original destination and forfeiting that place for Hotel Palm Beach we were just thrilled to be there. There was a pool that was nice. The pool bar was silly with about 22 bottles spread out between 3 large shelves. Might as well have stayed empty. Rooms were had dirty carpet, run down mini fridge's, terrible TV selection and a curtained blue velour type bedspread (that I immediately ripped off the bed) with matching curtains. Ewww. Staff was fantastic and there were many business type services. No free WifFi and we had to make a 4 minute (I timed it) call to Benin to make another hotel reservation and they charged us $25 U.S. dollars!!! Stupid mistake for that. Just ridiculous. Deal hard when getting a cab from the hotel because the drivers think you're loaded because you're staying at this hotel. Long review short...out dated, good service, terrible rates on currency exchange, other offerings for a business person but I would recommend just because it's Lome and there aren't many options.

None, really. Just your run of the mill over priced place to lay your head.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written April 10, 2010
Tip Photo

• hanspeter_W. profile photo hanspeter_W.
  • Reviews: 1237

NAPOLEON LAGUNA: MOST PLEASANT LOME HOTEL

VERY GOOD FOOD - FRIENDLY SERVICE
QUIET LOCATION DIRECT OVER THE LAGOON

L'hôtel Napoléon lagune vous acceuille à Lomé (Togo) dans un cadre exceptionnel au bord de la lagune de Bê , à quelques minutes du centre ville et de l'aéroport international Gnassingbé Eyadema.

Un hôtel tout confort vous offrant tous les services: chambres climatisées, restaurant, piscine, internet wifi, salle de réunion et de banquet, navette aéroport.

• Written November 5, 2009
Tip Photo

lagoon infront of hotel napoleon lagoon

• Elies profile photo Elies
  • Reviews: 3

Hotel Roc: Best view over Atakpame

I've stayed in this hotel several times. The rooms are clean and some even have a balcony. The view over Atakpame is amazing. You can enjoy the view on the terrace at the first floor or the terrace at the back of the hotel. The staff is very friendly.

The amazing view over Atakpame.

• Written January 4, 2009

• Elies profile photo Elies
  • Reviews: 3

Auberge Amato: Basic Kpalime hotel

Nice hotel just outside the city center of Kpalime. The room and bathroom are basic but large. You can chill just outside the hotel, which makes it a nice place to relax.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written January 4, 2009

• SMG22 profile photo SMG22
  • Reviews: 5

Hotel Belle Vue: Great hotel 1 block from the beach

Absolutely superb, french run hotel with airport pick up and own restaurant. Excellent food and ambience.

Rooms have both air conditioning and wall mounted fan. Bathroom are en-suite with hot and cold running water and walk in shower.

• Related to: Singles, Budget Travel
  • Written November 8, 2007

• ajayzener profile photo ajayzener
  • Reviews: 188

Palm Beach, Lome: Old But Good

Palm Beach is situated in the heart of Lome. The hotel is oldest of the bigger hotels. The rooms are big but the smelly at times. The service to my opinion was okay. It is a 5 star hotel with a pool on the 2nd floor and a restaurant giving an ariel view of the Lome city. There is a tunnel which connects the hotel to a commercial complex, which also houses a disco, which was once upon a time the largest in west africa. It is still crowded on the weekends.

Overall a good place to spent a night or two if you are on a business trip.

There is also a Casino, where you can try your luck !!!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average