Best Western Hotel La Maison Blanche

BEST WESTERN Hotel La Maison-Blanche
Booking.com Orbitz.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Tunis

Coat of armsCoat of arms

Carthage RuinsCarthage Ruins

Yes, we had a lot of fun with the name...Yes, we had a lot of fun with the name...

UticaUtica

Tunis

by ketzl6

What are the best hotels in Tunis?

Re: Tunis

by Windsailor

Well, maybe not the best hotel, but a good one and spot on in the center: Carlton Hotel (3 stars) in a beautiful 1920´s art decó building. Hotel was renovated in the beginning of the 1990´s. The rooms are modern and hotel has a restaurant/cafeteria. This hotel is very conveniently located if you are planning to spend time in the city of Tunis itself.

Re: Tunis

by ska80

Hi,
take quick look on this website might be helpful

Rg

Travel Tips for Tunis

Remember to change all your money left, or spent t

by schlumpf

It happends something strange…Once I got to the airport, I had still some hundred box in my pocket and I though, ok, I will buy something in the airport, cigarettes or whatever else…

…I got to the shopping area and they accept only USD or EURO, nothing else, even not the local currency!!!!!

You can spend the local currency buying in the cafeteria…com’on I will not spend 100 Dollaz drinking coffees!!!

So, remember to change your money left before overtaking the custom, or simply spend them all, otherwise are just paper!!!! (clear, you can change it at home, but the exchange rate will be definitely
another!!!!)

Smile first then kiss four times

by schlumpf

What I do like more of Tunisia is the people, and what I do like more of the people is their smile and their kindness…something that blow my mind up!

You will just need to sit in a local place, and you will be immediately in contact with some persons which will approach you asking some questions….where are you form, what are you doing here, do you like Tunis and so on…

Wow! What a kind and open people!

When you are on your own way, walking in the market, or in the streets, and you will feel lot of eyes on you, simply watch them and say “hello” or better “Schokra”, they wuill come to you and will kiss you 4 times (the Tunisian way to cheer)!!! Amaaaaaaaazing!!!!!

Tunisian are so lovable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The religious school

by croisbeauty

It cost me a few dinars to enter in this abandoned religious school, which is situated somwhere in medina. You never know weather the guy in front, who is asking you to pay the entrance, work here or he just took his chances to earn some extra money.

Sfaxian Restaurant

by barryg23 about Abid

Twelve Dinars for an entire meal for two people! It does not get better than this.

By our last night in Tunisia we were well used to eating in the cheap, locals restaurants. Abid specialises in Sfaxian food. It's an extremely friendly place and even though we were the only non-locals there we were made very welcome.

We were brought a huge plate of olives, bread and harissa after we sat down. Abid didn't serve alcohol so we had bottles of cold mineral water to accompany our food. We both had Salade de Tomates for starters while for mains I had Merguez (spicy lamb sausages) and Ruth had couscous. This was the biggest couscous I've ever seen. I helped her eat it and even between us we didn't get through half of it.

We didn't have a dessert though we were brought complimentary mint teas by the owner which was a nice way to round of our meal and our trip to Tunisia.

Visit the Bardo Museum.

by aliante1981

Without any doubt the best museum in the country showing themost important mosaics found on the Tunisian soil: exhibits from Zaghouan, Carthage, Mahdia, Dougga, Sousse and many others are present. The best mosaics include the Virgil with muses of drama and literature telling him one of the stories he wrote and the Triumph of Neptune. There are not only mosaics, but the statues also...

Comments