One Resort Monastir

Route touristique, Skanes, (Formerly Sol Palm Garden, formerly Jockey Club), Monastir, 5000, Tunisia
Otel.com

Sidi Bou SaidSidi Bou Said

UticaUtica

La Goulette

by hawkhead

I understand this is a "tourist area". Can someone please tell me what it is like? Anything at all, tips/suggestions/recommendations/and so on, gratefully received. Is it under a flight path?

Re: La Goulette

by earthflyer

Took the train fom Tunis and made some stops up the line like Carthage, Sidi Bou Said and La Marsa. The train did stop at La Goulette but I did not get off and have a look around, as the train was approching the first couple of stops it didn't really grab my attention because alot if it was cargo shipping.

Don't let me put you off, If you are gonna take the train and make some stops up the line then have a look at La Goulette for yourself.

Re: La Goulette

by hawkhead

Many thanks - I am actually thinking of renting a house there, so really need to know what the place is like! I hope some of the Tunis VTers will supply answers!

Travel Tips for Tunis

Avenue Habib Bourgiba

by chrissyalex

Avenue Habib Bourguiba is the "Champs Elysses" of Tunis. This mile long tree shaded street is Tunis's most famous and it is lined with shops,cafes and banks.
It is named after Tunisia's first president, Habib Bourguiba. His policies made Tunisia one of the world's most moderate Arab nations. He was very important to women's rights and made polygamy against the law and gave women equal rights in divorce. He also did much for education,healthcare and agriculture.

Smoke the Chincha

by schlumpf

What is inside the arab culture, and the Tunisian one, is to smoke this fruit tabak with the arghile (what they do call Chincha)…

It is something really good (if you are a smoker)….and something different!

So, if you are a smoker, do not miss it!!!!

You can do this in every local place, just ask for this!

Sousse... it's a beautiful...

by Branco

Sousse... it's a beautiful place to stay for some days. If You choose to stay on the beach, the hotel were we stayed it's nice (Orient Palace). Anyway we stayed in that hotel and we took every day a taxi to Sousse (some Kms away). We have been in Tunis just to take the plain but it seams that Tunis must have many things to see (and Cartago must be glorious...). But we stayed only in Sousse, where You must see the medina and we went to Kairouan and El Jem to see those beautiful places. It's about these 3 that I talk a little and put some photos...

A Great Restaurant in Sidi Bou Said

by OnTheRoadGoombah about Au Bon Vieux Temps

Our first night in Tunis we were treated to a wonderful meal at this quaint restaurant. After a series of appetizers that was shared amongst the six diners (and great bread), we al chose different entrees. I had the stuffed lamb and it was awesome. None of my colleagues were disappointed in their meals which ranged from couscous to seafood to other lamb dishes. I apologize that I was so engrossed in my meal that I didn’t take note of other meals. I do know that everyone walked away impressed and the cleanliness and service was impeccable. It is easy to see why this restaurant was chosen as to kick off a great week of great food. The stuffed lamb was very very good.

It was only one day that I had...

by Tanechka

It was only one day that I had to visit the capital of Tunisia, but was enough to get ann idea about this unordinary place. First what I have done I went to the Bordo museum.
Amazing collection of mosaics! But be ready to see all beauty of the museum you'll need near one week!

Comments