Vime Tunis Grand Hotel

Hotels.com Booking.com HotelTravel.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 74% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Tunis

Some of the Mosaics on displaySome of the Mosaics on display

Roman VillasRoman Villas

CarthageCarthage

Mahdia WreckMahdia Wreck

KSAR GHILANE

by flystyle

Hi can anyone tell me how easy it is to make your own trip to Ksar Ghilane. Our tour company just let us down. I know we will p-robably have to get a driver + 4x4 hired but anyone got an idea of the costs of this?

Thanks

Re: KSAR GHILANE

by Kevin-UK

We are in Tunisia from 21st April, backpacking. We're not going to Ksar Ghilane though as we've been 3 times in our Discovery. I don't think that you'll need a 4x4 to get there anymore, as I understand it the road has been surfaced now and you can drive there in a normal vehicle. I guess that means that you could take a Louage or possibly even a taxi from Matmata. I've not been to Tunisia since January 2007 so am basing my info on what I've been told by friends.
Other than that, make your way to Douz and you'll get a trip from there to Ksar Ghilane in a 4x4 across the desert.
Kevin.
btw, I have contacts in that area if you want info let me know

Re: KSAR GHILANE

by flystyle

Hi kevin - can you post or email me via virtual tourist email some contacts in the region - I'd liek to see if I can price up a trip. Do you have contacts in either Tozeur of Douz.
Thanks in advance.

Travel Tips for Tunis

The fountain with the clock tower

by croisbeauty

Not so long ago, here stood the monument to Habib Bourguiba, the first and longtime president of Tunis. Then the new sheriff came to the town and the monument was removed to a new location, but still in this avenue.
As I could noticed, there is a presidential system of governing in Tunis, it seems the president is very powerful man, almost like a medieval kings.

antidiarrea it?s needed

by MARIPILI

I don?t wanted to by nothing, but at the end a did a lot of shoppings, so it was a little dificult to put everything in my bag. at the airport a lot of people had the same problem and everybothiy bought more bags. I went in winter , february, so if you too, take a good coat, a lot of calcetines antidiarrea,serum, sun cream, towell wc and paper. body milk (the water there make your skin very dry) you?ll use your camera a lot, so take a good memory stick towell for the beach, hat for the desert, sunglasses

Place 7 Novembre

by barryg23

Place 7 Novembre is a busy roundabout connecting the two biggest streets in the Ville Nouvelle, Avenue Bourguiba and Avenue Mohamed V. The Place takes its name from the date when President Ben Ali came to power in 1987.

There is a large clock tower in the middle of the Place which looks very impressive from a distance though not so good up close. Beneath the clock tower lots of people were sitting around in a small grassy area near water fountains. It's probably a lively spot in the summer heat.

TUNIS

by Umea6

The capital of Tunisia. Busy city, something completely different from other cities.
Tunis is a well balanced mix between different influences - Arabian, African and European.

Tunis is not the kind of city you would want to spend a week long holiday. Bare in mind that Tunisia offers great holiday places. One day trip to Tunis should be enough.

Take plenty of time to go to the SUUQ (Arabic name for the market). This is the best place to shop for souvenirs. Don't forget to bargain!

Roman ruins in Carthage

by nina_z

The sites of the Roman ruins are scattered around Carthage, now a part of Tunis, so it might take you a day to see all. We only went into the Roman batks and they're a marvel of the old architecural skills of the antique civilizations. The funny thing is the guide will tell you which way you can take photos as the president's villa lies on the hill above the site and you're not allowed to photograph it...

Comments