Hotel Oasis

Hotel l'Oasis Gabes
Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• Good Hotel

I have been in the Hotel oasis for 6 weeks and after reading the previous review I thought it was my duty to leave feedback. I feel this review was unjust and written out of anger.

I am presently staying in the Hotel Oasis and have been here for 6 weeks. I have not experienced any of the difficulties in which had been written in the previous review.

The hotel is clean and the steak sandwiches are fantastic. There are 2 individuals that have demonstarted above average service. Their names are Zied and Abdul. They greet you with smiling faces and give you service like a king.

The pool area is very nice. A great place to relax.

There is a 1000sq ft gym which has all the equipment necessary to stay in shape and a nice view of the sea.

The rooms are cozy and most importantly the air conditioners work well.

Gabes is a quiet little town and a person will feel stress free and at home.

• Don't stay in gabes

I stay in hotels around the world 75% of the year due to my occupation. The Oasis hotel in Gabes is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. Here are the FACTS!

1) Wallpaper is peeling off the walls
    2) A strong odor greets
    3) Front desk is very rude
    4) Poor Maintenance/ Repairs in room look like they have been done by a child
    5) Food is horrible You can order the same thing every day and every day it will be different. I did this for a week. Buffet is absolutely disqusting.
    6)Hotel is filled with mosquitos and flies
    7)Pool is never open
    8)Camal from the Bar staff will try increase the bill to see if you notice. Twice this happened to me. Tring to steal from you. When I confronted him he claimed he was very busy and made a mistake. The mistake was adding 10 beer all with single entry tranactions. 10 mistakes
    9)If you are lucky enough to get your laundry back on time it will be stuffed in a small plastic bag while still wet.

The cost for all this is around 90usd. The pictures look nice on the web page but I assure you it is horrible. I stayed there for 3 weeks and watched as shocked tourist arrived and departed.
    This hotel is probably the 2nd worst hotel I have stayed in out of the 100+ hotels in which I have stayed. If the staff were friendly and the bar staff didn't try to rip you off it would have been the third worst.

Warning to any traveller. Gabes smells of fumes from the many factories and human waste from the open moat of raw sewage that surround the city. You can not swim in the ocean because of the pollution. The locals look at you with hate and there is garbage everywhere.

If you have any doubt about the above feel free to visit and you will see the truth for yourself.
    Just for the record Sfax and Tunis are beautiful and friendly places. Anythin south of Sfax is shocking.

• Krabbendam's Profile Photo

Great people

arrived late after a long, long day of bicycling
    manager saw me and immediately called for a glass of fresh orange juice: all very nice people
    gave me the 10% very tired, dutch biker stumbling in after dark discount
    fair number of travellers and bus tours come through
    wifi internet access in the reception area
    nice, clean european bathrooms with deep tubs

Unique Quality: Very nice staff, on beach