Aghir Hotels

• Kevin-UK profile photo Kevin-UK
  • Reviews: 15

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Centre des Stages des Vacances: Budget accommodation on the beach

Not exactly a hostel, you do get your own room.
We have camped at this site twice before, this time we took a room. The rooms are small but comfortable. Showers and toilets are communial, they are reasonably clean by Tunisian standards but by no means sparkling.
But the price - well at 5TD p/p p/n you can't really complain. The beach is right on the doorstep, in fact the camper vans are just about on the beach. You can wander along the beach if you wish to take advantage of the watersports on offer. Little English is spoken but you can get by with only a few French words, I use about 10.

Cheap, chearful and safe. We think the place is ideal for back-packers and campers, in the season there is a restaurant which we believe serves breakfast, personally I'd still go to the little coffee shop just down the road.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Road Trip, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written May 1, 2008

• draguza profile photo draguza
  • Reviews: 1039

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Club Med: Club Med

The closest way to describe the Club Med experience is: "Summer camp for adults". If you go into it with this expectation you'll be better off. I met one guy that said "If I'd known it was summer camp, I'd been OK. But I wanted a real hotel". Club Med is about meeting people, doing sports, and relaxing away from day to day life. Remember, every Club is always the same, but different; and is certainly not reality.

Club Med invented the concept of 'all-inclusive'. The most notable 'extra cost' at Club Med, is the bar. Drinks (beer and wine) are included (free) at lunch and dinner, in the restaurants ONLY; it is free flowing there. ANYTHING at the bar costs extra. This includes alcoholic drinks, bottled water, soda, tea; anything. Excursions and items from the boutique cost extra.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average