Ile de Jerba Hotels

Our Members Say

• Bishma profile photo Bishma
  • Reviews: 1
Hotel Isis: Standards - What standards???

Hotel Isis this was the most horrible experience in my life. When we arrived we wanted to check in but French people had a priority- we don’t know why….We changed rooms 4 times. First room we had opposite to indoor swimming pool, so everyone could see what we are doing. Staff promised us ocean view, but to the sea was so far that was no way to see water even from the highest point in the hotel, instead of that we had a roof view … Until we didn’t show the money always they gave us ugly room (small, small window etc.).We tipped so at least we had a bigger room with huge terrace, but no king size bed only 2 small beds together…
Reception is located next to the bar. I wanted to drink black tea - every time I got peppermint tea. Sometimes water smelt like swimming pool.
We were all inclusive. Staff didn’t care about us, more important were normal guests. We ordered mojito – no rum at all, hardly mint – just sugar and water.
Bathroom - old and dirty. Room not sound proof – so unfortunately we knew all sexual life guests around us …
No standards at all: staffs were eating under the table. Wine tasted like vinegar+ with cork or fly’s inside. Dear all, if you would like to go to Tunisia take just 5* hotel!!!

waist of money

• Related to: Seniors, Family Travel
  • Written December 17, 2008

• ivanab profile photo ivanab
  • Reviews: 197

Sidi Slim 3*: for younger ones

Although I've seen a lot of hotels in Jerba, the one I remember the most is this one. It is sweet, with all these bungalow type rooms; white with blue windows, the pool is nice, the beach is near and it has the kind of atmosfere that mede me decide to visit him agaiun one day. It is modest, but friendly hotel.

• Written August 4, 2007

• adema29 profile photo adema29
  • Reviews: 519

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sofitel Palm Beach Djerba: A nice hotel

I have been there a lot of times on my way to Libya.
This is a beautifull 5 stars hotel but the services were not the best.
I have been there for 5 days once and they have not changed my bed and towels untill I made some "noise" at the reception.
Actually they have changed the towels... one with the other on the rack.
The food was ok but seeing flies enjoying the life on the top of the plates did not offer me a very good apetite.
All the rest was ok :)

Especially if I will not mention you the huge "cockroach" lying dead on my bathroom :(

Very impressive entrance with the most beautifull limestone carved ceiling I have ever seen.
Kind people and nice shows every evening on the hotel, starting with traditional dancers and ending with nice circus shows.

• Written July 28, 2007

The Entrance-Sofitel Palm Beach Djerba

• angiebabe profile photo angiebabe
  • Reviews: 1671

Hotel and Restaurant Arischa: Fondouk hotels in Houmt Souk

All the guide books write that one of the best things about Houmt Souk is the opportunity to stay in an old fondouk - where traditionally travellers/travelling merchants, usually with animals etc in tow could get a place to sleep and store their goods for the night - which have since been converted into a hotel for tourists.

The Arischa hotel has just been totally renovated and looks great! Several storeys with rooms are around a large courtyard with pool in the centre. All tastefully decorated with character and the conveniences of ensuite and airconditioning, breakfast included.
The hotel is close to the main street and close to the souk areas including the large thursday souk.
An old roman catholic church is just behind with interesting architecture which is just being renovated at time of our visit.

The unique opportunity to stay in accommodation with real character ie an old fondouk which was traditionally only for merchants and pilgrims ie muslims.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written January 6, 2006

• croisbeauty profile photo croisbeauty
  • Reviews: 7392

Youth Hostel Djerba: Bad & breakfast

Youth Hostel Djerba looks great, it is undoubtely the most beautiful hostel I have seen so far. It used to be the caravanserai, nowadays turn into the hostel for youngs and those who feel young.

The hostel is situated right in the heart of the old core of the Houmt Souk, the administrative capital of the island. Besides, the hostel is only 10km far from the Mellita airport.
As I was told, the accomodation costs around 10 Euros pro person.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written August 17, 2005

Djerba Youth Hostel

• JLBG profile photo JLBG
  • Reviews: 6088

Djerba's best campground

On previous travels, we camped in areas of Djerba that had not yet be reached by the building fever. There are now so many hotels along the coast that I feel it would not be possible any more to camp in the "wilderness" of Djerba !

• Related to: Desert
  • Written March 9, 2005

• novsco61 profile photo novsco61
  • Reviews: 511

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Isis: Very nice family hotel

My friends stayed at hotel Isis and a visited them twice during my visit on Djerba.
When you enter the hotel you get really warm expression. Lobby is very nice and there are beautiful mosaics on the walls. The pool is not as big as at the Sidi Mansour hotel.

The food at dinner is very good .Many sorts of
desserts, 4-5 sorts of fruit - really good for only 3 *.

• Written November 9, 2004

• JLBG profile photo JLBG
  • Reviews: 6088

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Petit Palais: Nice hotel in Djerba

Hotel Petit Palais is a nice hotel, clean and friendly. It receives mainly package tours. Their restaurant is not outstanding but serves a nice food, half international, half local. The bar serves beer and "boukha", the local alcohol.

• Written April 12, 2004

• Cyndel profile photo Cyndel
  • Reviews: 14

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Seabel Rym Beach Djerba: The best ambience of Djerba...

On the north coast of the island and to the foot of the beacon of Targueness, the Club Seabel Rym Beach (three stars and half) rises in the middle of a palm-grove of 11 hectares, very close to a magnificent thin sand beach.

A very good ambience with an efficient and international team of animation (sports, entertainment, disco...)

The hotel is located on one of the most beautiful beaches of the island.

Brilliant animation with also a mini-club for young people.

The hotel was completely renovated in 2001 and they built rooms of luxury to the standard 4 stars .

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written August 25, 2002

the swimming pool of the Rym Beach

• fabrice profile photo fabrice
  • Reviews: 1560

I recommend hotel yasmine ***...

I recommend hotel yasmine *** in djerba(tourist area);of course,it is full of german,dutch,and all kinds of tourists,so what?
the rooms are really beautiful,the dining-room very nice,and you can spend there a very good time
30$ for 1 single