Route Touristique, Bp 84, Midoun, TN

Costs 219% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Maritim Hotel Yadis Djerba

Grand house & Grounds

by TripAdvisor Member webwiz99

The Manor House --- Castle Combe Like a picture!

The hotel itself is a magnificent historic mansion with Italian terraced gardens up and down the hill next to it. The grounds are magnificent with sweeping lawns and grand, old trees. A 100 feet or so from the main house were cottages that have been divided up most handsomely with a very fresh, traditional look, bright and airy. Spacious. Handsome new baths. Really quite nice.

The food was good, rather expensive. The second night I ate in a pub in the adjacent town. Good food; less expensive.

The house is historic and heavy in feel inside. I did not see what the bed rooms there were like. They have an odd website that just shows bathtubs and plates of food. It does not do the place justice.

The small town, Castle Combe, immediately next door to the grounds is like a stage set, it is so picturesque. Centrally located for lots of gardens and touring. Half an hour to Bath. The staff was less personal than other places I have visited, but certainly polite and obliging. There is a golf course there which is said to be fine.

Very fond memories

by TripAdvisor Member MrsPoppy

My boyfriend and I spend a romantic weekend here last year and having just discovered TripAdvisor, felt like I should write a quick review.

We booked a bargain two night deal so paid under £400 for two nights plus dinner. The room obviously wasn't the best in the hotel but it was very large and just what you'd expect in a manor house. The bathroom was definately the biggest i've ever seen and it had a massive walk in shower and lovely bath. Only small points were the shutters in the bathroom were quite difficult to close - if you left them open, people walking in the gardens could see you on the loo! Also the dressing gowns hadn't been washed and there were a few cobwebs on the four poster bed.

However, I couldn't fault anything else in the room or in the rest of the hotel, which was amazing.

The food, service, atmosphere and location were all perfect for a romantic getaway (particularly Pimms on the lawn!) and I would love to go back, probably for our honeymoon next year.

by TripAdvisor Member McBoot

A very polished hotel indeed, while still being friendly and atmospheric. The buildings and gardens are superb. We had a room at the very top of the hotel (following an upgrade) which was very cosy. Dinner and the wine list are fairly ambitiously priced, but are very good. All in all, an excellently run hotel with extremely helpful staff.

It was perfect

by TripAdvisor Member madasapinkcat

I booked this hotel for my now husbands 30th Birthday surprise, and got a great deal through lastminute.com A friend had recommended it, and it was close to Bath which is where we wanted to be that weekend.

The hotel itself was very beautiful, and our room was a Junior Suite up in the roof of the hotel - really was lovely. The hotel had put a bottle of champaign in our room to celebrate the birthday.

The food was really superb and overall we had a wonderful time there, and I would really recommend it to others (I have done already) as its so stunning, and romantic.

Perfection, absolute perfection....

by TripAdvisor Member JohnMcG247

Wonderful location, gorgeous room, lovely food

Stayed one night for our wedding anniversary and everything was perfect, from the second we pulled up outside to driving off the following day.

If you are looking for a quiet, romantic, pampered time, don't go anywhere else!

Comments