Hotel Thalassa Monastir

Agoda.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Hotel Thalassa Monastir

The Fabulous Thalassa Hotel Monastir

by TripAdvisor Member waveney

Don,t believe any negative revews about this hotel. It is fantastic. From the minute we arrived nothing was too much trouble for the friendly staff. The rooms were cleaned every day and in fact everything was cleaned everyday. The layout is fantastic with beautiful clean pool and also very clean beach. The airport didn,t bother us you just don,t notice the planes.

The animation team made the holiday it was a laugh a minute with entertainment every night. Also entertainment during the day for children and everyone. The restaurant is brilliant with food for every taste. The waiters are efficient and friendly.

It is near Monastir and cost us 7 dinars in a taxi to get there. You can also catch a train, the station is near the hotel. Check out the cafes there we had a meal for two for £6 there. I would recommend a visit to the Rebat.

Will definitely return .

Love everything about this super Hotel !!1

This is the most relaxing and romantic Hotel I have ever visited. This is the second time we have holidayed there going back in October.
They are the friendliest people I have ever met, from the cleaners to the management
I can,t wait to return there !!!!

A scorching holiday at the Thalassa

by TripAdvisor Member Tallulah1

I have just returned from a fortnight staying half-board at the Thalassa with my husband, sister and parents (what a mix!). The hotel was in beautiful surroundings and right on the beach. The weather was very hot - reaching 50 degrees at times, which meant the outdoor pool, and the sea were a lovely temperature, and just perfect for cooling off.
The hotel and pool area are kept very clean, and there are always gardeners pottering about to ensure the place is well kept.
If you want to be kept on your toes there are constant activites you can get involved in like water aerobics, football, volleyball, archery, yoga, dance lessons, arabic lessons and they are all free of charge.
There is an excellent range of food available, including chips, roast beef/chicken etc if you dont want to try anything too exotic.
The evening entertainment wasnt always to our taste - karaoke, talent shows etc, but we were able to amuse ourselves with a bottle of vino sitting chatting on the veranda instead.
The staff from the waiters, the maids, the entertainment and those on the front desk are all really friendly and hospitable.
The hotel is not in walking distance for going shopping into Sousse or Monastir, but you can get a taxi from the front gate for about 6 or 7 dinar (£3) which makes everything easily accessible.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there, and would go back to the same hotel in an instant!

Lovely hotel

We had a lovely time. The pool was fantastic and the whole hotel was clean. Food was excellent with lots of choice and themed nights. If you go with Thomson Platinum you can have one a la carte meal which we really enjoyed.

All the staff were friendly and willing to help.

There is not much to do outside of the hotel but it is worth getting one of the taxi's from the main gates and going to Port Al Kantoui.
We went on an excursion with Thomson, the Three Cities which went to the mosques in Kairouan and to EL Djem (amphitheatre) and was a good chance to see more of Tunisia. Kairouan medina was fun and so was the carpet factory if you don't mind them trying to sell things, beautiful carpets but we couldn't afford them. We were worried before we went to Tunisia that we would get pressured to buy things but just say no and walk away and people are fine, also I was worried as a woman that I would get unwanted attention but I was fine, although I wore slightly longer clothes and cardigans more than I would have in Greece or Spain.

Everyone at the hotel was lovely and it had everything you need. The mezza at lunchtime is enough to feed a family!

Somewhere to Relax

by TripAdvisor Member georgieporgie05

Stayed here earlier this month and thought it was a pretty nicee hotel. Went with Thomson and agree with previous reviews that this is not really a Platinum Hotel - however I am sure for Tunisian standards it was, still you would expect a Platinum to be a Platinum you would get every where else.
The Hotel was clean, tidy and very well maintained. Rooms were swept and beds changed daily.
Food was OK, quite a fussy eater so didn't eat too much however the French were the first to tuck in with plate fulls!
Swimming pool was a good size and great to cool down in, I though the sea was especially warm and lovely.
It does state in the brochure that sunbeds are free - well not really.... you can sit by the pool on the plastic part from free and you have to pay 1 Dinar for a mattress on the beach you pay 1 Dinar for each. BEWARE you must be up really early to put a towel on your sunbed by the pool or you won't get one. The guys are the beach are great just give them a Dinar tip every other day or so and they will keep the same bed for you every day which is great.
On to the bad points - the hotel waiters I found to be quite rude to me, I did not apprecaite the sexual comment which were made to myself and whispered in my ear, they were obsessed with what my partner and I of an evening in bed because we were not married. You laught it off the first time but every breakfast and dinner becomes too much.
Managers at the hotel seemed rude - never kept doors open for you and just walked about all day long and I know they are managers it appeared that they never did any work just walk around chatting.
Despite that overall it was an OK holiday, I would return to Tunisia but think I would stay in PEK next time, the Thalassa is quite isolated but the train station is a short work away - you need to go just for the experiance!

thallassa skanes/monastir

by TripAdvisor Member cheekycabbage

just spent 2 weeks at the thalassa opposite the airport . the hotel is amazing the pool the foyer the main rooms are all excellent but the bedrooms are basic but clean.The staff in the hotel make the holiday special because they cant do enough for you and are very friendly ,more so if you tip them. The animators ask you to join in games but arnt pushy if you say no. Evening entertainment is repetative and not brilliant. Reccomend you visit Sousse dont believe the horror stories the locals are a bit pushy but stop if you say no firmly and its all tongue in cheek , no worse than Turkey . Also visit the south and ride a camel we loved it and took 2 children a girl of 14 and a boy 11, they both said best hotel and best holiday ever and i agree

Excellent Again!

by TripAdvisor Member Mirry

We stayed at this hotel 3 years ago and decided to return this year again for a family holiday in the sun. There were 4 adults in total and a 16 yr old. Upon arrival there was a slight confusion with the taxi driver as there are many hotels with the name Thalassa in! Be warned this hotel is right beside the airport and should only be a few dinars!!. Be firm with the taxi drivers.

We had booked a superior family room but in hindsight would not have as although the layout is better there is no extra room for a 3rd/4th person than in a normal room. We ended up booking another standard room for the 16 yr old due to this. Disappointing.

The hotel is lovely overall, with lots of nice areas to sit and the size makes it never feel overcrowded. The dining room and food overall has improved greatly since our last stay. We stayed half board and were really pleased with the food, especially the dessert! The weather during our week was excellent, very hot with lovely sunsets. The evening entertainment was good fun, maybe not your taste every night but was good and did not go on all night long!

The closeness to the beach and the watersports is excellent. Good security on the beach. The reps also are at hand with excursions etc. If you like quad bikes try this out as it is excellent! The pool is also excellent and there is an indoor pool which we found nearly always empty.

The only other warning I would give is do not go on the 'free' trip into a town on the condition that you have to stop at someones brothers carpet shop!!! Make your own way it is cheaper and you will decide your own itenary for the day! Monastir is a lovely town!!

This is an excellent location for a chilled out holiday with excellent weather - no endless strip of all day breakfasts and tacky bars.

We will be returning!!!

lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member happychik

fab hotel with excellent facilities. Very clean. my only complaint was the 1 CD that played the whole holiday. i was singing the songs in my sleep! The staff were very friendly and the food was great. The rooms were lovely with air con and comfy beds. It was really close tot he airport but after the first day we didnt even really hear the planes, it was great to watch them landing.

The beach was clean and well kept. Wasnt so keen on the locals though - might return in the future.

I would certainly reccoment this hotel and you just have to try the massage in the spa!

fabulous...!

by TripAdvisor Member Flojosar

firstly the last review is of a different hotel - the Thalassa village (which is still in Monastir but further up th road) This hotel - the Thallasa Monastir is a great hotel located near to the airport, however the noise is not intrustive. The rooms are cleaned every day with fresh linen and towels, the rooms have air conditioning which is a godsend. Food was really nice and a huge choice was available, with hot and cold meats, fish, BBQ, roast, plenty of salads and veg, rice, pastas, and a vegetarian section, for those who like your dessert there was plenty to choose from. The hotel also had 'themed' nights which were great.

The pool area was very nice, well laid out and not intrusive. The pool itself was great, very big, and quiet. there is a pool bar, beach bar and if you prefer the beach then it is litterally 30yards from the pool and it is private to the hotel with water sports available if you want them.

The staff were great, very friendly and helpful, the animation team were a great bunch and always entertaining and worked very hard. The evening entertainment was also very good, made up of the animation team and outside entertainers. If you visit this hotel you must see the barman in the piano bar on an evening, he is totally mad and really funny.

Its worth a trip into one of the towns to see the real Tunisia with the markets (Souks) these are an experience not to forget. A taxi into monastir is about 6 Dinar (£2.60) or you can get the train which is 1 dinar (40p). Thomson do put on trips we went on the tale of 3 cities which was ok but a long day, I would have prefered to go direct to El Jem to see the colloseum then come back and miss out the other 2..!! We also did the quad biking in Port El Kantoui which was brilliant, we were out for about 1 3/4 hours on these things. Great.

We did hear some bad reports about other hotels on our trips out so please make sure you read the reviews before booking, mainly bad food and not cleaned etc.

I would reccoment this hotel to anyone and we will certainly be going back

Five star hotel

by Soili

"The wrong type of a hotel"

I listened to the lady in the travel agency: she managed to sell me an expensive hotel. I thought about it but then decided to take it easy and pamper myself-
On a way from the airport after a tiring flight (very small seat for a big lady like myself) I finally got off at the hotel. Only to find I was the only person to be at a remote hotel, all by myslef - and my feelings for a nice holiday sank.
Ok, I went inside, was greeted by four-five men at the reception area of Thalassa Monastir hotel. My knowledge of French is poor, but I do understand some of it (after a year's studies, and besides, languages are my strong point). To my horror I could hear, "Elle est seule", meaning she is alone.
Luckily, I wasn't harassed, but still.
I ended up staying at my hotel room at the end of my stay as I got ill, some kind of stomach upset.
But I did love the Sahara, the oasis and outside Monastir.
I also learned my lesson: 1) Never go on a trip if you tourself are too tired and exhausted from work - it's best to stay at home or go to a place you know really well
2) it'd be ideal to have some company for your trip
3) find out as much as you can from the destination, even if there's very little time to find out about the place

Thalassa, Monastir, pool areaThalassa, Monastir, pool area