Skanes Garden

Otel.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Monastir

I'm taller than you!!I'm taller than you!!

View Of The MarinaView Of The Marina

Tunisia, Monastir, RibatTunisia, Monastir, Ribat

Tunisia, Monastir, view from RibatTunisia, Monastir, view from Ribat

Sahara Beach Hotel, Skanes

by Carolep

Going to the above 4th April, anybody been recently?
Travelling with my husband (he likes water sports and alcohol), my 17 year old daughter, she likes culture and not lying on the beach, my 14 year old daughter who loves the beach, the sun, horse riding and partying. Me I like anything but I am not a water babe.
Out of curiosity, what is the minimum age for drinking ?
I believe you cant buy chocolate, is this true ? Do I need to arm myself with a suitcase full as I will have withdrawal symptoms !!!!!
Any advice on anything to help our stay in Tunisia be a holiday we will all enjoy would be much appreciated.
Hope to get a few replies soon as time is fast approaching to our departure.
Tara for now

hi
i read ur mess and this the the reply of ur questions
1st of all u wll be satisfied all of u about the holiday coz tunisia is a great contry and u can find anything u want
2nd the min age 4 drink is 20 but may be there is an exception if ur girl drink with u.
i don't know what u mean by chocolate if u mean it really there is all kind of chocolate here but if u mean drugs so it's fully illegal and the punishment is severe.
hope u a great hol
regards :)

by dswatt

I have stayed at the Sahara Beach since 1973 and seen many changes over the years. There was a major refirbishment of the outside aprox 4 years ago with new pools and an outside stage area. The hotel has 3 blocks with 7 floors each block. You will be better off going All Inclusive as the drinks can be expensive for spirits. Last time I was there you could upgrade to AI for 11 Tunisian Dinars per day which is a snip if you work out how much it can cost you for meals and drinks. Plenty of activities on site during the day and night but not a lot to do outside the hotel. Meals have always been fairly good with a lot of choice except for breakfast. Nightclub on site for the teenagers and young at heart but the girls tend to get bothered by the locals who manage to get past security. Take a trip to Monastir or Sousse for shopping or a walk to the local village of Saline. Train to Monastir or Sousse from bottom of village and only cost a few hundred mallims. Battering for goods in the souks is an experiance not to be missed and all are at Asda Price. When bartering the first price quoted to you look at 1/3 of price as a price to get it for, so start below that price and work up as they work down. Take a bottle of Johnny Walker Red Lable Whisky with you as I have bartered with it in the past to get a Leather Coat for the wife. Some people love Tunisia and some people hate it, it all depends on the type of holiday you are looking for. If you are looking for theme parks and pubs and resteraunts then you will be disapointed, if on the otherhand you want something differant then you should have a good time.
Hope you have a good holiday and I have been of some use to you, if I can answer any more questions please contact me.
Best Wishes
Dave

by Carolep

Thank you for your reply. Chocolate is a form of sweets, like mars bars ^.~
We are all looking forward to our holiday.

Carole

by Carolep

Thanks for your reply. Have heard some good things from different sources recently.
What is the best currency to take?
Some have said just go with our English money, others sterling travellers cheques and others American Dollars? Now we are confused what to do. We are staying All Inclusive, fortunetely, just a little worried over my daughters and the men, though they are both sensible and very rarely go anywhere on their own when we are abroad.
What about horse/camel riding (me personally wont be doing either). Is it better to go through the hotel or through the locals.
One more thing if you could help with. Do they sell cows milk?

by rajel

really am confused; are u kidding or what ??? tunisia is a contry like any other we can compare it to any other european contry; we sell everything here chocolate, food, "cow milk" too u believe that ?? we sell cow milk here too and the most strange that we have cows too: yes lady and another thing we have cars too, and we have houses and trees, and we can drink tea like english pple too.
about money u can take ur local money the £ and a 1£is about 2Dt,
about camel riding u r satisfyed.
i will be happy if can help u and answear ur questions but plz ask real ones: how it cost, wich better place; where can i stay, the wether,...... and not about "cow milk"
thks

by JoMaia

Hi. I´m travelling to Tunisia in May, and i´ll stay in Iberostar Phenicia. Does anybody know this Hotel? What can you tell me about it?

Rajel, i would like you to tell me how the weather use to be in May? Good but not too hot?

Wich are the places do you advice us to visit? We are thinking in seeeing Tunis (and its Medina), Sidi Bou Said, Cartago... more places???

In general, Is it very expensive to have a meal near Hammamet? We wont have que all inclusive system, so we must eat many times outside the hotel.

Thanks a lot,
Joana

by Carolep

Rajel, sorry if I offended you with the questions I have asked, but to us british who are not world travellers, we like to know the things I asked.
Your information about our money was very useful and I thank you for it.
I have only been to Spain and so has the rest of my family and we are all looking forward to our fast approaching holiday. Only 5 days and we will be there.
Do you have any suggestions about good buys like clothes, leather bags, jewelry? If so where are the best places to go to get them.
What is the weather like at the moment?
Thanks again
Carole

hi
the weather is good not to hot not so cold in april; this days it rain sometimes, about what i suggest u to buy u have many things and u will be satisfy.
u can take a look to traditional shops SOCOPA and u will find everything leather, bags, clothes, carpets, everything :)

Sahara Beach Hotel, Skanes

hi
in may the weather will be wonderfull hot but not so hot like july, u can swim in may.
u can visit hammemet, tunis there is the medina, sidi boussaid, it's wonderfull, u can go to the south too in djerba the island of dreams.
about food and costs u have the choice and with ur money u can chhose what will be good 4u.

Hi
Thanks for all your information. Hopefully we will have some pleasant weather.
Will be their in about 72 hours, not that I am counting.
Will try and visit this site again before we leave, if not will visit it when I get back.
Thanks again

by rajel

wish u a wonderfull holidays and am glad that i was helpfull

by JoMaia

Rajel, thank you for your helpfull informations.
Im glad that we can swim on your mediterraneo sea in May.

Joana

by dswatt

The Sahara Beach has 2 banks on site and you can cash your money at the reception as well. Take english travellers cheques or cash both will be exchanged no problem. There are fixed price shops on the complex if you don't fancy bartering even a nice little Gold Shop where the misssus always buys something in 18 carrat gold. Take a trip to the local village of sahlene or a trip to Monastir or Sousse.
They had just opened up a small zoo on the grounds last time I was there and it was only 2 TD about £1 to go in although there wasn't a large amount to see but it passed away 1 hour. Horse riding costs about 15TD for an hour and the popular time to go is the 6pm as they ride down on the beach. Plenty of activities if you feel energetic around the pool and on the beach which is only 20mtrs from the pool.
Don't worry about chocolate as you can get the usual english makes ie snickers mars etc.
Hope you have a good trip.

CHOCOLATE!!

by climbingrose

Chocolate is one good thing they do have in Tunisia! It is cheap and yummy....dark chocolate with hazelnuts, mmm...

by Carolep

Thanks to everyone for the adivice and hints on my trip.
Got back early hours Monday 12th April.
We all had a great time.
There was as much or as little for you to do and all the staff were brilliant. I have only one complaint about the hotel, not that it affected me, only the girls and hubby. The outside pools were freezing cold !!!
We did spend time in the jewellers their and had individual items made for us at very reasonable prices.
Visited Monastir a few times. Weather was good every day, even managed a tan.
Horse riding was enjoyed by the family on more than one occasion. I would recommend the hotel to anyone fancying somewhere not as commercialised as other destinations. It was a really relaxing holiday.

nice:)

by lynne2k

Hi, does anyone know what the weather temperature is at the moment in Skanes? also what is the best food to try, we are very into culture and whould like to sample the Tunisian cuisean, also, are the kids clubs available right now also as im travelling to Tunisia next sunday (25th) with my daughters 12 and 10 and my parents. And i sincerely hope there isnt a sentance for terrible singing lol, show me to the karaoke!! thanks, x

by Spandolini

aNY ONE CAN TELL ME ABOUT THE EXTENT OF SEXUAL HARRASMENT TO YOUNG FEMALES AT SAHARA BEACH HOTEL.. WHAT SHALL WE DO,,?

by dswatt

Girls are a target for the local men and teenagers to an extent. If they make it clear they are not interested then they usualy get the message. Probably from previous conquests Teenage girls are seen in the same light. The nightclub seems to be the meeting place for teenagers. I have travelled to the Sahara Beach with my 3 daughters and they had very little problem. You should have a great time with good weather, good food and plenty to do on the complex. I always kept an eye on my daughters and met them from the nightclub at a specified time, but I'm just a protective father. LOL.
Have a great time.

RE: RE: Sahara Beach Hotel, Skanes

by michelle_jackson23

me and the family are going to sahara beach skanes in october can anyone please tell me what the weather is usually like at this time of year? also if anyone has stayed at this hotel was there a good variet of red/white wine? or spirits as we do enjoy a few glasses of a night time. xx

Travel Tips for Monastir

Medina walls and gates

by Willettsworld

The walls of the Medina have been heavily restored. The entire eastern wall no longer survives but those in the north, west and south are still quite impressive. Some interesting gates still survive such as Bab El Gharbi on the western wall and Bab Briqcha in the southern wall.

Islamic Cemetery.

by euzkadi

Is a huge cemetery located northwest of the Ribat, wich dates back to the 12th century. The cemetery has some old and beautiful Marabouts, many muslims desire to rest close to the Ribat regarded as a sacred shrine. I can´t explain but i found the cemetery extremely aesthetic.

Monastir The quiet Miami

by fekri

"Lovers city. ..la ville des amoureux. .."

*Monastir it`s too littel city , you can visit all the city in a few hours . it`s green garden , bleu Med- ,Gold beach ...
*Monastir une petite city , vous peuvez la visiter dans quelque heurs . le jardin vert , le Med- bleu , les plages d`or ...

Comments