Hotel Albatros

Yasmine HammametYasmine Hammamet

The MedinnaThe Medinna

Info on Transportation in Tunisia

by cjfenech

We are planning to come to Tunisia (Tunis Airport) between the 16th July and the 23rd July 2006. Myself, my wife and out two yound daughters (4 years and the other will be 10 months).

We are planning to stay at the Flora Melia in Hammamet Yasmin.

Questions:

1. What is the best method of transportation from the Airport to the hotel? What are the costs? Is train transportation possible? Or less expensive travel? We will be arriving at around 10pm.
2. What about transportation within Tunisia? We would wish to visit the Aquapark and also Carthageland as well as some ceramic/mosaic/tile factories.
3. Are there any other good places of interest to visit?

Thanks for any info you might have.

Regards,

Claud

RE: RE: Info on Transportation in Tunisia

by wothmane

Hey Claud,
I can advise too many about Tunisia, owing to I live just 80km from, I enjoyed many time there and visisted most of cities.
1-First of all let me know if you do by Agency trip or private trip, if by Agency travel they will take charge about everything up to Hotel.
2-If your trip is private your Hotel is far about 72km from the Airport, you will from Tunis-60km-Nabeul--12km Hammamet,once you come out from Airprot a lots yellow Taxi cars are waiting for transportation but local taxi, if you agree his price can carry you if not tell him to carry you to the LAWAJJ(Slang local word) car station,is collectif car with 7 places and is regular and cheap, when you will be in the Hammamet city, one way just is to get a local Taxi will be cheap inside city, the people there are very polite and helpfull to advise you very emphasis to the world and eager to support tourist.
Realy I have not yet fixed the date of my holidays there because I work for an American oil company here in Algeria as Field Engineer, if that date will be days off for me I will trip as usually in the summer might I will meet you personally to show you many things.
1-try to visit Carthage land.
2-the old Arabic city in Hammamet.
3- try to smoke a tradition CHICHA there and cloth all what's traditional flavour (not for kids of course), inside you will feel that you good and get trip throug the history at that time.
4- visist the Hannabal Coffee in Nabeul
5-KORBOS thermal source mixed with sea in Grambalia Nabeul.
6-and many beautiful sites in Hammamet whole of it is a nature draw

If it possible try to send me an email or give me a call at my mobile may I will be reachable and free from work : 0021362068424 or get a local mobile TUNISIANA line I can call you if I will be out of work, because I work 6weeks on 3 weeks off

Any clarificationdo do not hesitate I will be of great assistance to you.

Regards/ Athmane Geologist Engineer

Travel Tips for Hammamet

Hammamet Tip

by dirkkunze

MONEY!! -
The only thing that you really need.
I remember one scene: I was walking on the beach and got in a nice discussion with one of the residents of (whereever I was). He told me something about the history, landscape and so furth...after 10/15 min I wanted to go away and thanked him for the nice talk. His answer: one dinar!
Thanks, but no thanks - this situation was just an example for numerus others with the same intention - just a few people were 'normaly' nice without paying them...how sad is this?

Mammamet old town

by bonio

Enjoyed a walk around the medina area on the seafront. Didn't venture inside the medina itself (had a couple of beers and didn't need the hassle!)
It's a pleasant and interesting place to explore and well worth a visit.

Nice Hammamet

by crisportugal

This is a nice place on a gorgeus country. Hammamet has great beaches, hotels for all types and the medina is just by the sea. When you enter any of them you travel in time - narrow streets enclosed by the wall that has doors closed every afternoon at 7.
Tunis medina surprised me most - there you can see shops you can swear where like that decades or even centuries ago. Red hat shop and shisha cafes (people go there to seat and smoke it).
There are several places to see like El Djem (roman coliseum) made with tunisian landlords money; troglodites houses carved in mountains, the desert - recommend them all. Near Tunis - Carthago, its ruins and the Bardo museum.
The most enchanted place - Sidi.

Comments