Hotel Nesrine

Otel.com Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 52% less but rated 22% lower than other 4 star hotels

• Nadia7's Profile Photo

Comfortable stay full of flowers!

I spent only 12 days at the hotel but it was a very pleasant stay. The building itself is not very high as no building should be higher than the Tunisian national tree. It's not directly on the beach but it takes 1-2 minutes to get there walking...not a pain,though. There's a nice garden with flowers,I wanted to take a few small parts of the plants to grow them in my country....poor,they died :-( Anyway, I really loved food served in the hotel...it was so yummy! Some types of food were a bit spicy,of course,but not too much as the hotel staff considers our "European" tastes...I loved everything, meat, vegetable and fruit salads, deserts....the weight gain is for sure there! :-) The hotel's nice, rooms very clean (if you keep it clean :-), towels are changed every day,of course,also beds are made every morning and the tunisian cleaning ladies always put a flower of Hibiscus on the bed...so sweet. There's a hair-drier,TV and safe-box in all rooms,I guess.

Unique Quality: View is ...well,depends,in some cases you'd see the garden or the paths cross the hotel area. there's a very nice pool, with a small "island" in the middle, there's also a small pool for kids...considering kids...well,I like them but it was really noisy all day round....the sea is not far :-)
    There's a bar inside,also outside,you can play the billiar with people, also tennis and other sports...it's a good spot.

Directions: Near Hammamet Yasmine area

• The not so 4-star hotel!

We booked this vacation through an online travel agency in Germany. We were there over the Easter holidays. The hotel advertises itself as four stars, but we would rate it somewhere between a one or two star. The hotel is actually quite nice, with a few exceptions (okay quite a few): the rooms have no views (most are to small interior court yards), the beds are very uncomfortable, the rooms are not clean, the food (we had half board) is only okay if you like bad German food, and the dining room is only clean if you get there at the beginning of the mealtimes, and the service was hit and miss. This is not to mention that our room smelled horrible when we arrived and the taps discharged some brown gunk. I suspect this was due to it being the beginning of the season and possible our room was not used in the low season, but not really welcoming.

There were not a lot of amenities (i.e. fitness). It did seem to have a good activity program for kids.

Unique Quality: The hotel had an excellent baker, the breads were some of the best we have ever eaten (which was great since we did not like the rest of the food). About 300m walk from the hotel was a nice, private beach where you could rent lounge chairs for 1 dinar for the whole day.

Directions: A few kilometers south of Hammamet - 4 Dinar taxi ride to Hammemet Centre.

• voyageur2's Profile Photo

Good hotel in South Hammamet Beach

Hotel and its facilities proved our selection's success. Nice restaurant(we prefered half pension), swimming pool, clean and sandy beach, sport activities, lovely environmental design(we went to beach through a road with colourful flowers and trees) gave us great pleasure.

Unique Quality: Dinners were great experience with Tunisian and International dishes. Here, I would like to express my congratulations to chiefs especialy for grills.

More about Hotel Nesrine

Delicious Vegetables and Nice Grills

by voyageur2 about Restaurant of Hotel Nesrine

Relaxing atmosphere and good design. Rich selection of Tunisian, Italian, Turkish and other International meals. Salads and fruits were fresh and good. Grilled chicken, meatballs, sausage and lamb were also good.

Tunisia - once was enough

by Jayne&Barry

"The 4* Hotel Nesrine - more like Faulty Towers!"

We were expecting a 4* luxury all inclusive hotel on the golden beach with beauty spa etc etc... What we got was just about 2*, small pool, 1/4 mile from the beach and all inclusive except for everything that wasn't included! There was an airconditioned bar, but you had to buy the drinks from there. There was a snack bar, again, to buy from. There was a lunchtime BBQ and bar on the beach, again, you had to buy. Here is a picture of the all inclusive "luxury bar". And to top it all, the food was AWFUL so we ended up eating out every night or we'd have starved!

"Our Trip"

We took the 2 day trip (just to get out of the hotel and have something to remember the holiday by to be honest) It was a very long 2 days and over 900 miles on a coach that had seen better days, BUT, there were some really good bits and we got some memories! Go see the Colluseam (Gladiator), it really is atmospheric but we only had 40 minutes, not long enough! Matmata and the Burber caves were great but again not long enough (Star Wars) and a camel ride into the Sahara Desert was spectacular, well worth the trip. Take lots of change with you because you have to tip for everything and they don't give change easily!

"If I did it again?"

I would stay in Yasmine Hammamet, the new tourist area, lots more restaurants, bars, entertainment and shopping. The hotels are better quality too. If you aren't bothered about the sea, then I would have stayed in the Sahara.

Dinner at NesrineDinner at Nesrine

HOTEL NESRINE

by garlicmeemar

Hi,
I will be on holiday at the Hotel Nesrine with my daughter and grand children on the 26/07/06 and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this hotel supplies beach or pool towels as I dont want to pack unnecessary items.
Regards,