Hotel Saphir

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Hotel Saphir

Hammamet, Tunisia

by Trash

I have been to the resort of Hammamet in Tunisia 9 times now and am in fact going again very shortly. I have got to know some of the local people well and have made lots of friends both Tunisian and British during my travels there.

I like to go to Hammamet as there are no "lager louts" there and you are practically guaranteed good weather although take your umbrella as it rains very heavily when it rains.

The locals are lovely people, obviously if you are a lone female or a group of females it attracts the attention of the local men but if they start annoying you be firm but polite and they will back off. I have had my fair share of hassle and in the beginning it used to worry me and I would not leave the hotel without my friend, now I travel to Hammamet on my own, it's like a second home to me.

Please don't feel that you shouldn't leave your hotel, go exploring, meet the locals and take in the culture.

I remember sitting in a restaurant once and overheard a couple talking, one said to the other "what are we going to do tonight, we can't go out after dark?". That's just ignorant, it's perfectly safe and unlike many places in the UK there are police patrolling should anything happen and an enormous amount of taxis to jump into should you feel unsafe.

My favourite place to stay in Hammamet is the Sheraton Hotel, there are some good deals to be had if you go between November and April.

If you fancy a night with fellow Brits the Hotel Saphir and it's sister hotel, the Hammamet Village provide family entertainment along with the Hotel Bel Air.

Tunisia help

by GinTonic

Hello,

I am planning a family trip to Tunisia during the second week of July. It would be myselve, my wife and our, almost, two year old son.
Since he is so small and he loves the beach, we were planning on spending a week on a resort with all included, in the Hammamet area. Can anyone give some recomendations about a good hotel, tha's right on the first line of the beach and with good rooms (spacious).
Also, since we are not planning on going anywhere, we also would like an hotel that gives us the chance to take some walks (near interesting places).
I think I am asking for the impossible, but it does not harm no one to try, right :-)

Thanks for the help.
Pedro

RE: Tunisia help

by magpie99

Hi ! I holidayed in Hammamet in July 2003 & stayed at the Hammamet Village / Le Saphir. Basically these are two sister hotels which adjoin each other & share entertainment & swimming facilities. The main difference being that Le Saphir is more modern.The hotels are a short walk away ( about 800 m )from the beach which itself is very clean & extensive.There are numerous other hotels nearby , each with their own facilities & there is not much to choose between them all. The good news is that the standard of hotels in Tunisia is generally high & the peple too are very friendly.The downside that I found was that aside from walks on the beach & a trip to the Casbah & Souks I did not find that there was much to do & nightlife ia almost exclusively centred around the hotels.We did venture out one night to the bowling alley & this was a pleasant diversion but other than that I could not find much else to keep us amused so it was back to the hotel for the rest of our hols. However with a two year old son you should be able to enjoy a good 'bucket & spade' or poolside holiday whilst staying in good class accommodation & I must say that I did enjoy my time there & would return but probably only for a week next time. Please feel free to contact me again if you wish & I'll try to help.

Comments