4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Costs 99% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Iberostar Phenicia

The Hotel Phenicia.

by phenicia about The Hotel Phenicia.

It has two pools, one which is connected to an indoor pool. Several bars in which to relax, a nightclub if you want to dance away the evening. Excellent food with first class service to go with it. Beautiful grounds leading down to the beach. First class entertainment programme during the day and evening.
Well appointed rooms with air conditioning, mini bar and fridge.

Hotel Phenicia

by Cath_Mason about Hotel Phenicia

3 swimming pools and a private beach.
Also had a gym and spa that was reasonably priced and great entertainment staff.

HAVE U SEEN THIS YET ?

by candytangerine

ONE OF MY MANY FAVORITE THINGS AT THE PHENICIA HOTEL AND THE ANIMATION TEAM WATCHING SASH INTERACT WITH SO MANY PEOPLE FROM ALL AROUND THE WORLD

Couldn't be Better!

If your thinking about staying at this hotel then stop thinking and book now! The hotel is fantastic and the staff are extremely friendly and will do anything to make your stay a happy one. The food is gorgeous and I highly recommend the chocolate icecream! If you do stay there go all inclusive, it's definately worth it. If you decide to go on any of the excursions visit Friguia Wildlife Park, it is amazing! There's so many animals to see such as ostriches, lions, tigers, sea lions, crocodiles, camels, giant tortoises, monkeys, giraffes and Elephants to name just a few! If you want a good night out go on the Zulu dancers excursion. They are traditional dancers from South Africa and are highly entertaining and I can guarantee that you will thoroughly enjoy yourself. If your looking for a quiet relaxing holiday then the Phenicia can provide just that. If you don't like being hassled then I suggest you don't go to any markets where prices aren't fixed you will be dragged into shops and asked to pay far too much for anything you want to buy. We were advised to only pay what you are prepared to pay. The chances are you'll offer them a price and they'll still ask for more, in that case say you don't want it and make your way out the door they are then likely to call you back and accept your offer. Never pay what they ask you they will always try to overcharge you. There maybe some instances when someone will come up to you and say "Remember me I'm the waiter from your hotel" don't believe them they will then say "would you like me to show you around" they will then take you to their brothers carpet shop expecting you to buy a carpet. Luckily we were warned about this at our welcome meeting and we were met by a supposed waiter from our hotel. The currency in Tunisia is Dinars. If you want to find out the pound sterling equivalent then just half the dinar value e.g. 2D = £1, 46D = £23. There's plenty on offer in the hotel such as golf, horseriding, watersports, football, volleyball, tennis and many more. No matter what your age, interests, taste in food or idea of a perfect holiday the iberostar phenicia will blow you away at the quality of your holiday. ENJOY!!!

fabulous !!!!!

recently got back from staying at the phenicia hotel and everything was fantastic.The people was so friendly,the pools were lovely and warm and overall the atmosphere was good,the entertanment could of been better but it was alright i would definetly go baack .

Excellent Value

We have just got back from a week at the Phenicia. Hotel was spotlessly clean. We stayed on an All Inclusive package. The food was excellent although the drinks are not the same as in the UK and seem to be not so strong. Hotel staff were great, some of the bar staff were a bit miserable tho! The entertainment staff worked really hard to make sure everyone was enjoying themselves, although some of the shows were a bit naff. The heated pool was fantastic for this time of year. Thoroughly recommend the place.

couldn't be better

We stayed in this hotel for the 1st time this year, but it definitely won't be the last. Everything about it was great, we are both in our sixties but there are plenty of activities for everyone. We had an absolute ball, great entertainment, staff brilliant nothing too much trouble, food second to none, overall the best hotel we have stayed in Tunisia and we have been going there since the 1980's. Well done Phenicia.

Fantastic Hotel

We spent New Year at the Phenicia and loved it so much we have booked to go back at the end of May when the weather is hotter. It was our first visit to Tunisia and in my opinion the Phenicia is by far the best 4* hotel we have ever stayed in anywhere in either Europe or the US. It was spotlessly clean at all times of the day; the pools are amazing but unfortunately due to the time of year it was too cold to use the outdoor pool by the beach. The food was plentiful, of good quality and nicely presented with a good selection to suit everyone. All the staff including reception, bar and restaurant staff were amazingly polite, helpful and always very very smartly dressed. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
The rooms were nicely decorated, had comfortable beds and the bathrooms are of a very high standard and cleaned thoroughly daily.
The grounds are spacious and well looked after.
I would disagree that this hotel is family oriented - the rooms are not big large for families. Our teenage daughter shared a room with us and having 3 beds did make it a bit cramped so I don't see how they could accommodate an average family of 2 adults and 2 children. We are taking our daughter's friend with us in May so they can have their own room. There were very few young children at the hotel when we went and they were mainly French families and were all very well behaved. We didn't have to contend with young children being allowed for run wild through the bars and public areas as is often the case in European hotels full of mainly English people!
We found a good mix of nationalities in the hotel over the New Year; English, French, German, Spanish and Russian. Personally I particularly enjoyed this aspect as I don't like to be entirely surrounded by English voices when I'm in another country!
I just hope the Phenicia lives up to our expectations on our return visit - I'm sure it will.

A super holiday

We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Phenicia and could not find hardly any faults with the hotel. It was kept spotlessly clean and with all staff friendly and eager to please. They especially love the children and my 2 year old is now missing all the attention he recieved. We travelled as a group of 4 adults and 2 children aged 6 and 2 and found enough to keep us all occupied with activities from beach volleyball and archery to just lazing by the pool and frequenting the pool bar. The entertainment team work extremely hard from 10 in the morning until dancing in the club at about 10.30 at night.The meals were delicious with a varied menu but unfortunately not much for a fussy 6 year old but you could get chips every day. If you travel with First Choice your rep is Joanne who is great, very helpful and there every day to sort out any probs. The indoor/outdoor pool is lovely and warm but the lagoon pool a bit too cold at this time of year now, the sea was warmer. For those footie fans there is a London Pub just a short walk away who show all the football and rugby. For someone who posted that the rooms were small, we managed to move the cot from my parents room and have 3 beds and a cot in ours and still have room for the buggy! The hotel is fine for people with mobility problems as there are slopes everywhere and the lifts quick and efficient. we had a great time and will definately go back there if we return to Tunisia.

A Nice Hotel

MySelf and My partner have just returned from having stayed a pleasant week (13-20 November) at the Phenicia. I believe many of the good and bad things had been catered for in these reviews but I will explain our experience. As an overall hotel it could not be faulted. Large, very clean and modern which was impressive, I feel maybe where the hotel let itself down was the quality of the rooms but they were ok. We went all Inclusive which was very much worth it even for the drinks as i think we had our monies worth and it was nice to have a bar next to the pool. The weather was pleasant but not too hot, we managed to sit in the sun from 10am as it started to get hot but by 3pm the sun had gone away. The dining area is very large boasting some 150 tables, and our one negative here is if you are in a couple then you may have to face the posssibility of sharing your table with other people which is very off putting, but our allocated waiter for the holiday was very kind and couldnt do enough for us. But that can't be said for the other staff, we found all the bar staff and the majority of the reception rude and pretty unhelpful, i think this is due to the fact that everytime they do something for you they are expecting a tip.

Overall it was a pleasant resort, possibly i do not think it is the ideal place for couples as it is very family orientated, aimed at elderly people and be prepared to deal with a lot of germans (it was occupied by around 80% of them and they are just plain rude.

Also in your brochure if it does say Satelitte TV, out of 20 channels, you get two english channels, one being the news and the other which cuts off at around 11pm, the rest is all german TV.

Nice experience but would never go back.

PHENICIA HOTEL BEACHPHENICIA HOTEL BEACH

Men's entranceMen's entrance

Local birdLocal bird

Shopowner was calling us..Shopowner was calling us..

by vinkler31

Has anyone ever been to the Iberostar Phenicia? If so, please could you tell me if there is an ATM machine? I want to be able to withdraw money from my UK account when I am over there. Thanks.

RE: Iberostar Phenicia

by globetrotter_mtl

Hi,

In Hammamet and Sousse and in most touristic places there are ATM's.
Ask your bank about charges (fees)for money withdrawl abroad.
some banks charge high!.

Hope this helps!

Iberostar Phenicia Hotel

by vinkler31

I am going to the Iberostar Phenicia in June and I was wondering whether there are any laundry facilities? I want to be able to do washing on holiday. Also are there any internet facilities? Thanks.

RE: Iberostar Phenicia Hotel

by cleviss

hello i am so happy to answear you question
phenisia is among the best hotels in hammamet
you can find almost every thing in that hotel
it is situated in the middel of hammamet region 5 km far from the center
and 5km far from the touristis area YESMINE HAMMAMET
you can find taxi always waiting for you 4 persons is for 4dinars to the center
in the region where it is situated the are alot of discothecs and disco bars
manhattan, britsh bar, latino,guiton......
and very nice relaxing beach
as to lengery is supplied in request as to internet ther are a small center
and out side hotel there publinet in the center the hour is for 2 dinars

i hope i have answeared your questions
if any question don't hesitate to contact me
at
or write to me
nadjib_hammamet@yahoo.com
best reards

RE: RE: Iberostar Phenicia Hotel

by vinkler31

Ok so you have to ask about the laundry facilities and there is a small centre for internet? I didn't quite understand you, but thank you for the information!

RE: RE: Iberostar Phenicia Hotel

by globetrotter_mtl

Hi,

Yes, most of the hotel provide laundry services, just ask at the reception desk.
You have to pay for laundry like in any hotel in the world.

Yes, there are Internet Facilities, cybercafes in town and some hotels have also internet facilities.

Hope this helps!

Hotel Phenicia dress code

by lbroadlands

We are going to the Phenicia this weekend. Could anyone help as to what the dress code is in the restaurants in the evening. Would my husband have to wear long trousers or is other dress acceptable.
Thanks hope someone can help.

RE: Hotel Phenicia dress code

by FAQ_Tunisia

Hi Ibora*,
No it is ok, ur husband should be Ok, no dress code are generally mandatory.
Happy to recieve the final answer on the forum :(.
anyway, have a nice stay;
S. A.

RE: Hotel Phenicia dress code

by leelee31

Um actually we went to the Phenicia (last two weeks of June) and my dad wore shorts to dinner on our first day and one of the members of staff asked him to go back to his room and change into trousers. He only had one pair of trousers with him so he had to wear them every evening for the whole two weeks.

Comments