3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Wooden doorsWooden doors

Travel Tips for Nabeul

Fighting the Heat - Part I

by aliante1981

Travels to places like Tunisia involves a lot of fighting the heat, especially if you, like me (I am still surprised as to why I did that), go there right in the middle of the summer. Here’s a list of useful items to take:

- Hats and other covering: Large brimmed hats that provide head covering and some shade. For women, they are also a proof of modesty, welcomed when visiting old churches and mosques. Scarves and the like covering shoulders and arms can keep the sun off during treks. A cloth hat or scarf can be soaked to help keep the head cool.

- "Squeeze Breeze": this is a water bottle with a sprayer and a battery-operated fan attached. The beach toy to take with you!

- Sun block: While sun blocks may be purchased in Tunisia, people tend to prefer sticking with their own favourite brand (the skin, too, ‘gets used’ to it), and there’s not guarantee you’ll find it on the spot. So take your own, if you have preferences!

Bislaama Nabeul

by croisbeauty

"Nabeul"

Actualy, I never heard of Nabeul before coming to it for a summer holidays in 2004. My agent have proposed me a couple of hotels and its pictures and that is how I made my decision where to stay in Tunisia. After I have visited most of the country, am sure it was a very good choice.

"Police headquarter"

In the terms of the security, Nabeul (whole Tunisia) is a very safe place. You can stroll all over the town, day or night, feeling completely care-free. The police is everywhere, in the uniforms and cover up, bur very discret towards the tourists.

"The beach in front of my hotel"

I don't like sandy beaches much, although this one looks very attractive. You can't walk bare-footed over it because the sand is practicaly boiled. You can't get out the water without sand in your costume and, what is most important to me, the water isn't clear as the one back home in the Adriatic.

Comments