Ile Chergui Hotels

Our Members Say

• maykal profile photo maykal
  • Reviews: 1368

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Residence Raed

My guidebook told me that Remla had one place to stay, the budget Hotel Jezira, but I was a bit concerned to find it full. A bit concerned, until the owner directed me to a new budget hotel just down the road, the Residence Raed, a friendly place run by Raed and his smiley female assistant who sings as she makes your breakfast.

The place is brand new, so everything is bright and clean, and things work! The views from the roof may not be too exciting, but it is a great place to sit in the late afternoon and relax after a tiring cycle ride.

Breakfast is down in the cafe on the street...a big pot of coffee, half a baguette and fig jam.

I liked the hotel's little quirks...for example, jumping out the window to the terrace because there was no door access...

The hotel closes early for the night. After dark, there's sod all to do in Remla...even the cigarette stalls pack up by around half 9...but if you are prone to night-time wanders (there is a restaurant down by the shore and a bar at the Hotel Jazira which stay open a bit later), you can have a front door key.

Bikes can be rented for 5TD a day. When I asked about renting one, Raed replied, somewhat cryptically, "I have to buy bread first"....it turned out it is actually his personal bike that you rent!

A room costs 15TD per night, including breakfast.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written April 19, 2007
Tip Photo

The night sky, from the roof terrace

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful