El Mouradi Club Kantaoui

Zone touristique El Kantaoui, (formerly Sol El Kantaoui), Sousse, Port El Kantaoui, 4089, Tunisia

Travelocity Booking.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 78% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Sol Club El Kantaoui, All Inclusive

This is my worst holiday. This hotel is nightmare.
    First - beach and swimming pool. They had more than 1000 guests and both on beach and swimming pool area they have only 400 sun beds and 200 sun umbrellas! That meant that people used to wake around 6 A.M to put towels as kind of reservations on these sun beds. Since it was my holiday - I didn't want to wake up so early - I used to go to the beach at 9 A.M. and I never had sun bed and sun umbrella, which is nightmare on African sun. After my complaints they sad that they are sorry. Just sorry!
    Food - like 2-3* hotels. Mostly pastas, potatoes, vegetables, and the way they serve it are far beyond high hotel standards. Everything was messy and without style. We were supposed to put crème Brule in plates with simple fork and knife! We have to wait around 10 minutes every time for waiters to order drinks. Tips don't help! They don't know anything about tourism, how to serve, and they don't smile!
    Animation - we didn't care for animation, but we actually didn't notice that anything was going on. Few lazy animators would go around calling for some sport, but with the obvious wish no one to come.
    Rooms - everything was too old. Mini bar is an empty fridge; you even don't get any water in AI. One day, they took our towels from room at 9. A.M and we didn't get new ones till 6. P.M. When I asked what was the problem - they sad that they do laundry in other hotel and that their capacities are full!
    I traveled a lot - Spain, Croatia, Greece, Turkey, Egypt and this is the worst experience that I've ever have. Last year, 4* AI in Egypt was high class compare with this awful place. To be more angry with myself - I was in this hotel 4 years ago, and it was nice 4* hotel (no AI) and I hoped that it would go much higher and that it could be only better. What a huge disappointment!

More about El Mouradi Club Kantaoui

Club Kantaoui - not bad.

by TripAdvisor Member Martygil

My wife and I stayed a week in the El Mouradi Club Kantaoui (was the Sol Club) recently. This was our first time in Tunisia, so were not sure what to expect. The hotel itself is quite large, and could do with a bit of modernisation, however it was very clean. We had a hotel room on the 3rd floor with a good view of the sea and pool area - the room was quite spacious and clean - only complaint was the previous occupant was obviously a smoker and it took a few days for the smell of smoke to clear. The pool area was fine, plenty of space and the pools themselves are quite large and clean. The beach was very nice, and the sea was very nice to swim in. We were on half-board, and we were both surprised at the quality of the food, expecially the dinners. There were plenty of choices and it was always freshly cooked and tasty - we had spent a week in a 4-star hotel in Italy recently, where the food wasn't half as nice. Also, tipping our waiter a couple of dinar ensures a plentiful supply of free wine !
The entertainment at night was only so-so, but that didn't bother us - anyone with kids seemed to enjoy it. We were only after a lie by the pool holiday and didn't venture outside the hotel, so can't comment on the surrounding area. Overall, if you're after a cheap holiday, and not looking for 4-star accomodation, then I would recommend this hotel.

A Huge Disappointment

by TripAdvisor Member Yuminy

We booked this hotel 8 months in advance but we were told they did have a room for us when we arrived with young children at 2.00am. Not a good start but after some negotiations we got our room which was OK but I can say nothing else positive about this hotel.
The dining room is massive with not enough waiters, we kept getting moved from table to table, the buffet was a nightmare - no queueing system and everyone grabbing food, the complimentary wine was awful - in general mealtime was unpleasant so we dined out quite reasonably in the marina.
The pool area is severely overcrowded. We had to be up by 7.00 to get a sunbed and then lie there lined up like sardines all day - no thank you. We stayed in other hotels in Kantaoui before and they all had big spacious gardens fr their guests - not here though.
The evening entertainment was highly repetitive and not good.
Bar staff are slow and rude.
I had to bring my daughter to the hotel infirmary. The "doctor", without taking his eyes off the football match he was watching, told me to bring her to a pharmacy in the marina.
The taxis at the rank at the hotel gate refuse to use their meters and rip you off every time you use them.
On our last day, my 9 year old niece, who was ill with a stomavh bug, had to lie in reception till our airport transfer picked us up at 9.00pm.
We asked our Panorama Rep to move us and he promptly disappeared to another resort - do not go with Panorama!
Altogether, this was a most disappointing holiday. I will return to Tunisia and Port el Kantaoui but will be steering well clear of the Sol Club Kantaoui in future.

Nice big hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JeniPaul

I stayed at the Sol Club Kantaoui for 2 weeks at the end of October 2006. I was with my husband and 2 children aged 4 and 9. This is a huge hotel. First impressions were good. Lovely foyer and friendly staff. We arrived at midnight and the staff were on hand to help with the check in form and getting us to our room. The room was spacious with 2 single beds for the children and 2 beds together for us. It was clean with roomy bathroom, tv and balcony. The room was cleaned every day with towels and bedding changed all the time. The hotel has an amazing 6 pools. 4 outside and 2 inside. There is water aerobics every day in the main pool, but no slides etc. There are lots of sunbeds everywhere, we had no problem getting beds. The beach is a short walk through the hotel. Which has sectioned off areas of the sea so you are kept away from the jet bikes etc. You can do most watersports on the beach, jet bikes, pedlos, banana boat, paraglyding etc these start from £4-£10 per person. My only problems with the hotel was there wasn't much kids daytime entertainment but my children love the pools and sea so were very happy, in the evening they have a snoopy disco for the children where they do the normal hooke cookey and agadoo.The food can get a bit boring night after night. There is a vast selection including, pizza, spag bol, other pastas, chips, meats, salads, potatoes, rice, cakes, ice cream but once you have eaten there a few nights you can get a bit bored of it. My tips for here are, idont go fullbored, eat out in the afternoons, if you travel with the my travel group make sure you go to the reps caboret night. Brillient. And also the camel trip is a good morning out, with some good photo ops. Overall our stay in this hotel was brillient, the whole family had fun with no complaints really. Don't no if i would return to this hotel but more for the reason that we have been there now and would like to try something new next time.

Our worst holiday ever

by TripAdvisor Member HappyFamilyx4

We arrived to a breathtaking hotel, clean, airy and welcoming. We were shown to our bungelow which would rate 2* anywhere, because it was small and poorly decorated. The pools were OK but we soon discovered that 90% of the guests were Russian, French or German. Be prepared to be pushed out of the way when you wait for a drink or food.
The sad part of our holiday was that within a few days money was stolen from our room - and not just a few pounds. We reported it immediately and then went through five days of lies, lies and more lies from the General Manager, the Room Services Manager, the Duty Manager and the Rep.
I visited the police twice, but I had to rely on the rep to translate for me and he told the police all the wrong facts, so they did nothing.
We found the staff to be dishonest and finally moved to the Selima Hotel next door to get away from the staff at the Sol Club.
The food at the Sol Club was, in the words of our 10 year old daughter - 'pig swill'. She developed a tummy bug and was unwell for 4 days. Our 9 year old son lived on bread rolls and chips because the food was cooked with the French and Germans in mind.

We are regular travellers, our children have visited Turkey three times, Spain twice, America and Tunisia before this holiday and have never had a bad time. They could not wait to get out of Tunisia this time and we will never return.

We visited Sousse three times and again found the locals rude, aggressive, unhelpful and always trying to con you. We are used to bartering and expect to be overcharged until you come to a mutually acceptable price, but these people were greedy and became offensive when you did not buy from them.

Overall, thanks to the staff at the Sol Club Kantaoui and the tour rep, we came back feeling delighted to get away from the place. The football pitch is no more than a car park with potholes everywhere. We hoped by moving to the Hotel next door things would improve, but the staff would shout in your face if you did not do what they wanted and my wife was ready to come home by the middle of week 2.

My advice - for a good value holiday, warm friendly and honest people, good value and good food, try Turkey. That's where we are heading next year. Never, ever will we return to Tunisia.

And the General Manager, who promised that he would deal with the chambermaid who stole our money, who would get a police report number for us, who would keep us updated when we got home to the UK - we never heard from him again. Par for the course in this dump.

Don't waste your money or nervs on this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sjerabravo

Just back from Tunisia where my sister and I stayed in Sol Club Kantaoui. There was a plenty of all except good accomodation, taste food, fun and hospitality which we expected in 4 star hotel. Room can be rated as in 3 star and food barely as in 2 star hotel. Our little adventure lasted a week and boy what a week. Where do I start first.
I'll start with our first impression when we entered our room and removed curtains. Instead of beutiful sea view which we expected we saw a scenery which you can imagine if you are on countryside, to be more precise, countryside with very poor vegetation. Room looked rather old with worn out furniture and no TV remote control. But there was another catch, we coldn't change TV programs manualy because control switches on TV were broken. Later we found out that you have to put deposite on recepition for remote control. Does this look like 4 star hotel to you? We wanted to change our room but after little exemination of a hotel we figured out that there is not a room with a sea view. So we stayed in the same room. Then we came down for a diner and the food seamed to us very poor and untasty but we thought that it was because we were very tired. But when the same impression repeated next morning and again for diner we were certain that we will loose some waith, but that didn't happen because we were forse to eat unhealthy food such as chips, flips and candy bar between meals. Near our hotel there wasnt any restaurants or bars. Instead of 1 km, like our travel agent said Marina is 4 km away and when you exit hotel ther are only 2 supermarkets and that is it.
Our second day brought one more surprise. When we returned from beach our room wasn't cleaned althought it was little after 1 p.m. And we lost all our hope that maid will appear and make our room sometime before diner. The very next day the same thing repeated and I furiously went to reception and told them about my problem. They said that somebody will come within 15 min. We waited for an hour and then I call reception from room and they told me again the same thing. Who knows how long the agony would lasted if I didn't find maid in the hall and literally took her for arm and explain to make our room. For next 2 days we didn't have any problems with our room, but the third day we found our room half cleaned. We sit on our balcony and waited. After 1 hour we got our sheets and after 3 hours we got our towels.
Generally the hotel stuff is not very polite and they don't even pretend to be interested in your problem. I complained that air condition wasn't working and they fixed it after 3 days.
We read reviews from this site and we found a few bad comments but now we realise that it is not question of the quantity but the quality of these reports and people who write it.
I wouldn't recomend this hotel to nobody not even to my worst enemy.

Good Hotel with Some Hitches

by TripAdvisor Member gauci

This is an average hotel with a nice pool area and friendly staff. Location is very good. I was residing for a week in the bungalow area together with my family (me, wife and 3 kids) on half board basis. Bungalow's furniture is very old and needs refurbishing. Cooling system was very good. Television reception horrible (to say the least). Cleaning services good (but have to tip the chamber maid...1 dinar will make miracles!) Entertainment is scarce. As regards food, the breakfast was very poor, with Bacon and sausages totally absent, while the supper was great. Lots of nice dishes to choose from. Prices for drinks and food with the pool are relatively cheap. Private beach is not bad although the sea is not great (sorry but I hail from Malta and our sea is nicer!) If you are thinking of booking a bungalow here please make sure you do not get it near the pool area. Ours was very near, and we had to suffer an hour of waterpolo daily in the nice napping time at 1530 and worse than that it was a usual habit that groups of youths go to swim and party at 2am! with all the immaginable noise this causes. A call to the reception will only settle things for some mins. They will return as soon as security has went away.
It was a nice holiday with some avoidable hitches. I hope that people managing this hotel see these reviews.

Did not enjoy at all

by TripAdvisor Member Yuminy

Severely overcrowded - could not get chairs around pool, had to scrummage for food in restaurant. Too far from marina and taxis continually try to overcharge. Could not get served at bar. Entertainment unprofessional and repetitive. Overall, could not relax and unenjoyable. Will return to Tunisia but NOT to this hotel.

Tunisia - Port el Kantaoui

by oRi_5

I would never have actually chosen to go to Tunisia specifically but when I was given free flights I decided to take advantage of the opportunity - and i'm glad I did!

Once I started researching info on the net my opinion immediately changed. It was not at all like anything I expected! Anyway we booked our holiday - we went for 7 days (end of June). We stayed at the Sol Club Kantaoui hotel in Port el Kantoaui. The hotel was quite nice with a choice between pools or the beach. Food was good also with quite a variety. Our room wasn't anything special though. We stayed in one of the bungalows. The tv never worked and the a/c didnt for the first 3 days either because they were out of remotes since the hotel was fully booked!! But it wasn't the end of the world because we just left the window open and it was ok.

With regards to excursions and stuff a definite MUST-SEE/DO is the 2 day safari. I had read about this from other ppl on the net and I agree with all of them that it is definitely the best part of the whole trip. It is very long and tiring but it is definitely worth seeing each stop. You can book this through your rep or your hotel. I suggest taking the 2 day not the 3 day because you see nothing less... the 2 day is just more 'rushed' i.e. you spend less time in the places than you would the 3 day trip - but we spent more than enough time so its cheaper and less tiring to do the 2 day trip. You also get to ride camels in the desert and get dressed in their robes too!! :) (see pic)

Another fun thing to do would be a trip on one of the pirate ships which you'll find all along the Port. (Bargain with them for the price!!) If you particularly like to haggle you will like the Medina -personally I hate it and I just walked through it quickly to get a look holding on tightly to my boyfriend's hand. (by the way if you are women travelling alone be prepared that they will bother you!!) just learn to smile and say no thank you and keep walking. oh and watch out for pickpockets at the medina!! and anywhere you are do not give your camera to anyone so they take your picture!! they might run off with it.

In Port el Kantaoui there is also a new a water park opened this year...aquapalace which is fun...especially for kids.

In the evening you can walk along the Port and stop to see the dancing fountains. Nothing impressive but you can take a relaxing stroll...and perhaps do more shopping since shops remain open till late. There is also a small fun park.

Another nice place to visit is a little town called Sidi Bou Said which is based on houses built in white and blue (like the Greeks). Or if you want to do some shopping you can go to Tunis. (although i didnt go myself to these places others said they enjoyed it).

All in all it was a nice relaxing holiday and if you go with an open mind you will enjoy yourself. the people are very nice,friendly and helpful. However, I would not recommend going for more than a week because once you see everything there is nothing else to do but lounge around in your hotel!

hope this was useful!! Let me know if you have any questions!

Tunisia Page

by gracinda

I have been in Port El Kantaoui, near Sousse.
The Port its very beautiful, very clean and so many big boats... It's wonderful.The restaurants are very good, but, I stayed in "bad" hotel (Sol Club El Kantaoui)4*.The hotel is good, but the servive its unbelievabe.
The people isn't very attractive.
I don't recomend yoy.

Email address El Mouradi Club Port Kantaoui

by Jennifer.Wright

Hi there, has anyone got an email address for the above, I would like to ask about an upgrade when we arrive in December but our travel agent cannot help Many thanks

Re: Email address El Mouradi Club Port Kantaoui

by Donna_in_India

Hi - try reservation@elmouradi.com (the website is www.elmouradi.com)

Re: Email address El Mouradi Club Port Kantaoui

by Jennifer.Wright

Many thanks Donna, will give it a go

Comments