El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui

Zone Touristiques Sousse - Tunisie, (formerly Sol El Mouradi), Port El Kantaoui, 40-4089, Tunisia

Hotelsclick.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 76% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Port El Kantaoui

We recently stayed at the hotel for a week in March and it was gearing up for the season. The room we had smelt of tobacco smoke so we bought some incense sticks to freshen the room up - there did seem to be a lot of smokers staying there. My only real gripe would be the lack of tea/coffee making facilities in the room though you could go down to the bar and get one there - worth taking a travel kettle with you. The staff were very good and multi-lingual. The food was excellent though I wish there had been more local dishes rather than european. I usually had a large salad followed by main course followed by two helpings of excellent sweets (now trying to run it off !) The general decor was beginning to look a little tired but overall it was excellent value for money. The hotel was about a 15 minute walk from the marina.

• Port El Kantaoui

More about El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui

Tunisia maybe again, El mouradi Port el Kantaoui never again!

by TripAdvisor Member 007hf

Simpathic hotel. In the check in they didn't tell us most of the information, as the beach towel service icluded and on the pool we had to pay for the mattress on the beach bed.
There was always lots of food, but not great variety, and in the carthage restaurant (all inclusive) the right side was always more quicky in serving the drinks. There was lack of cocktails, having a daily list of 3 or 4 cocktails only(diferent every day), and if you ask for a cocktail of the day before, they would start to mutter in arab, very bad! The people was only simpathic if you gave them a tip, otherwise, they were always with a bad face.
The pool surroundings there was not very clean, and the beach was a little bit dirty, with rests of cigars and some bottles in the morning. As i saw there was no real cleaning of the beach, but in near hotels we saw them cleaning the sand in a morning walk.
Breakfast is served staring at 6.00am, but one day we had to get up early, and it was 6.20am and there was no croissants, neither the eggs.
The hotel animators were really friendly.
The night shows were very good!
Ah, in tunisien water, don't forget the gelly fish!It really hurts for more a less 2 hours.

Great time at Sol El Mouradi!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Holmic08

I had a great 1 weeks stay here in 2006. The most memorable aspect of the hotel is the entertainers, who work so hard and are always there to make your stay as happy and care free as possible! The positioning of the hotel is great with regards to the supermarkets and cafes, and there were always taxis waiting to go to the port or into Sousse. I felt very safe at the hotel as there were security guards on the gates 24/7!
Food wasnt special but it was nice and kept us going, restaurant was comfortable too. Rooms were lovely, very clean, and sheets were changed daily. It was right on the beach and I would recommend anyone visiting Tunisia to stay here! I am wanting to rebook as I am writing this! 9 / 10

Excellent Value!!!

by TripAdvisor Member TAWandRAC

Arrived back today after a weeks stay at the El Mouradi Port el Kantaoui and had a lovely time.

Not much to complain about. The hotel is very nice and kept clean and tidy throughout the day. If we must be honest we would not class it as a 4 star (in european standards)probably only a 3 star, but remember this is Tunisia so difference in ratings are to be expected. We were very happy here!! Had a lovely, decent sized room overlooking the gardens. The Majority of the staff we found to be very friendly and most spoke a bit of english. Food, food and more food... it literally doesn't stop all day! Of a decent standard but you could find yourself getting a little bored after a week. Unfortunately we didn't find it very pleasant trying to fight our way round the buffet area...

Plenty of water sports and at very good prices - eg. parasailing at only 25 dinar (exchange rate when we were there around 2.50 dinar to the pound!) You need to hire mattresses for sun loungers at only 1 dinar per day. Worth it! We noticed that sunbeds were "booked" from before 9am in the mornings despite the fact that these people only actually arrived to use them hours later! So if you enjoy the "rat race" we'd suggest you join them and get your towels on those loungers before you've had your breakfast! Think this could be the same for the private beach area. We actually didn't spend a single day as such on the beach as found it a little too crowded for our liking...

Our aim for this holiday was purely to get away from the rain in the UK - so did not do any sight seeing as such! We had a lovely comfortable, relaxing holiday with plenty of sunshine that served our purpose. If you plan on staying for more than a week I would suggest that you get out and about a bit more.

Other than these "petty" reasons we've mentioned we do not believe that anyone would be dissapointed with this hotel.

I loved this holiday!

by TripAdvisor Member GorgeousbutGrumpy

I have just returned fron a 2 week stay in the Sol el Mouradi hotel in PEK & I hav to say it was one of the best holidays ever...I am 21 & went with my boyfriend who is the same age & despite people telling us we wouldnt like Tunisia...we really loved it! The hotel is located right on the beach & isn't far from the marina where there is plenty of shops,restaurants etc.

This was my 1st time on an all inclusive basis & I dont think id ever go self catering again! The food was unlimited with buffet style meals & also a pizzeria/snack bar on the beach too so we were spoiled for choice.We did however eat out a couple of nights ( The Saloon Bar in Sousse was lovely where we had fillet steak mmmm)
We also had free drink from 9am til 12 midnight with waiter service so we literally didnt have to move from our seats!

The facilities in the hotel were amazing! Within the complex there were 2 outdoor pools,a kids pool,hairdressers,beauty salon,2 shops,money changing facility,the "wellness centre" that had an heated indoor pool, jaccuzi,gym,massage,hammam etc! There is also a small nite club too which opened til 2am. We didnt have to move outside the hotel because everything we needed was right at our doorstep!

The staff at this hotel treated us like royalty & if we gave them a small tip (even 2/3 dinar) they were even more helpful & friendly!
Our room was cleaned daily & we received clean towels & bed sheets every day. We had no mini fridge but I asked at reception for one & a couple of hours later one was delivered to our room free of charge! Bottled water was also brought to our room free of charge to brush our teeth etc. DO NOT USE TAP WATER AS ME & MY BOYFRIEND TOOK A CHANCE 1 DAY & I HAD AN UPSET TUMMY FOR THE WHOLE DAY!

Overall I would say this was an excellent hotel with very few downsides! I would recommend it to anyone....

overall ok

by TripAdvisor Member teapots

the hotel is ok but not a 4 star.
No hairdryer or fridg in room. Air con was turned on the 1st Junebut not excellent...we had the door open which was more effective. luckily there were vey few mozy's as I normally get eaten alive.
I stayed in roon 228..excellent view over the pool, outdoor entertainment area and the beach and sea. Entertainment finishes about 12 but I dontmind the noise. 3 beds in this room and plenty of space. Tv in room with4 channels for english, MTV, 2 film channels and a kids chanel....great for getting the kids to sleep for a siesta!
Room was decent but as before not what you would expect from a 4 star. Before peiople state that all countries have different ratings etc I am going on the fact that in March I stayed in a 5 star in the same country and it was miles above this hotel for everything!
Pool area was ok...2 large pools, 1 where people laze around and hte other where the entertainment is ie aqua arobics, water polo etc etc
1 indor heated pool altough the weather was in the late 20's and early 30's so not neccesary but was good for my child who has fair skin to keep her out of the mid day sun.
Entertainers for the children were unfaulatble, my 11 yr old makes friends easy so never joins the clubs but these were on hand 24/7. excellent with the children.
location of the hotel..not on te marina like i was told. if walking on beach it is 30mins away and if by road at least 45mins. we got taxis everytime which cost appro 3/4dinar. Bearing in mind there is 2.5 dinar to the pound taxis here are extremelly chaep.
we paid £10 taxi to hotel but on way back paid 15dinars!!
Aqua Palace near hotel, cheap and good for the children. Small so could keep an eye on them. not too busy and food is cheap there. approx 2/3dinars for large bagatte.
Hotel in general is more geared towards German/French/Russian than British.
Food was ok, badly laid out with no labels and the fuller the hotel got the more you had to stand your ground with aggressive people.
Queues for drinks were extremely poor...the bar staff have no idea. no glasses, slow, etc etc i could spend ages on this one.
Found red wine and coke to be a nice alternitive to drinking vodka all the time.
No major problems and if there was a cheap deal going again I would go but i wouldnt be hurrying back too many other places to see.
Went May 27th for 2 weeks, weather couldnt fault...even nice to have a cople of cloudy days as heat started going up on a daily basis.
Hope this helps anyone going....enjoy

by TripAdvisor Member oracle80

A very nice hotel; right on the beach; good food but not sure
if its Halal though as they also serve pork as well. So if you are Muslim planning to go there, just be carefull. The main
shopping area is 15 minutes walk away. Dont forget to try
the pizza, served by the restaurent on the beach, as its one of the best pizzas I have ever tasted.

great weeks holiday

by TripAdvisor Member bowmanwales

We were a bit worried after we read some of the reviews on this hotel, but after going there ourselves thought it was a great hotel. The rooms were large, clean and comfortably, The food was very good and plentyful and the staff were great. The hotel was right on the beach which was lovely and there was plenty of sunbeds for everyone both on the beach and around the two nice pools.The marina in was about a twenty minute stroll away and made a lovely evening walk. the entertainment was good if you wanted it, or there were 2 really nice bars you could sit in 1 being really nice and big with nice relaxing music. The only down side was the russians and germans who were very rude and obnoxious to everyone especially to the staff which we felt very sorry for at times. All in all a very good weeks away and we will definately go back.

Brilliant Value!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Cameron123

This was our 4th visit here but first on an all-inclusive basis. What a fabulous holiday we had and even came back with half our money. Tipping even a dinar or two ( 40-80p) will ensure that you don't have to queue for drinks etc. Politeness certainly helps and the Tunisians really appreciate being spoken to politely. There are a lot of East Europeans especially Russians using the hotel now and they are extremely rude and unpopular with both staff and other guests. DO NOT be put off by them. The rooms are thoroughly cleaned daily with fresh towels and frequent changes of bedding. There is a great variety of food even for the fussiest eaters. This is buffet style and you may have to queue at busy times.The local wine is good and again a small tip will ensure a bottle rather than a glass at a time is brought to your table. A friendly smile and a few dinar in tips will ensure the best of service here. Try it!

5 star hotel for august

by bellybutton

Hi ppl! i need some advice from you - i am looking for a hotel to lodge in, in august - possibly 5 star with animation and entertainment during the day and night, clean and friendly...any suggestions please?? thank you :))

Re: 5 star hotel for august

by hedfi

Tunisia is full of hotels...maybe you should look into what area/city you'd like to stay in. Perhaps Sousse/Port El Kantaoui. I would recommend Riu Imperial Maraba, El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui and Palace, as well as Mercur Diar el Andalous.

You should book soon, as August is Tunisia's biggest tourist month.

Re: 5 star hotel for august

by bellybutton

Yes its true!! Tunisia is packed with hotels - we've opted for the El Mouradi Palm Marina in Sousse, Port el Kantaoui and im reading hotel amenties and specs on all inclusive lodging and it looks yummy!! Thank you for your reply :)) enjoy and happy travels!! ;)

Comments