Port El Kantaoui, 4089, Tunisia
AMOMA.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Kanta

by TripAdvisor Member Sue21Teesside

Just returned this week February 2006- Hotel very clean, good location, good service. Weather, now the weather, cold, chilly. I think UK is warmer at present (dont forget your woolies and coats , evening particularly chilly). I hope to return in June/July when I will be able to wear my cossy and do some sunbathing. I would definetly return in warmer months

Great, but... for over 65...

by TripAdvisor Member M.from.Ireland

Myself and my boyfriend stayed in Kanta hotel for 1 week last year. The place is really nice and clean, it's truly 4 stars accommodation. Staff is very friendly and helpful and they all speak good English.
The only problem was that if you under 65 you probably not gonna make loads of friends… We both 28 and were a bit surprised with a company in the hotel. Not that I have something against older people, but you couldn’t really feel comfortable, no mention participating in the evening entertainment…
We didn’t like either the fact that on the first day you got your number of the table, and you could only eat your dinner at that particular table, which also meant we had to “enjoy” a company of granddads from Germany all week long...
I don’t think we would come back again, even if the hotel is fantastic, well maybe if we’re both 65….

Fantastic holiday

I have just returned form a one week stay in the Kanta Residence, Port El Kantaoui and I could not recommend it highly enough!!
On arrival, the apartments seem to be very green as there is gren carpet, curtains, bed linen and tiles. But once you get used to it, its fine. The apartments are a little shabby but they are very spacious and clean. We also had a huge balcony. The rooms are serviced every day and there is no problem getting extra towels etc.
The beach and the pools are fantastic. It might be an idea to have one pool reserved for adults. The gardens around the hotel are really nice and great for a bit of shade during the middle of the day.
We did not eat in the hotel at all. I must recommend a restaurant called La Daurade at the marina. Really nice food and very friendly waiters.
A visit to Sousse is well worth the effort although it is very busy. We also visited El Jem and Kairouan during our time in Tunisia.
I feel it is important to get out of the Resort and to experience a more real version of Tunisian life. On the whole, an excellent experience and I will definitely be going back.

Probably expecting too much

We had a lovely time on our holiday but this was mainly due to the excellent weather.
Unfortunatly, although very clean the Kanta is only average for everything else.
The two pools are great with plenty of sunbeds & parasols, & the pool boys will move you anywhere. The marina is a 5 minute walk away & a walk round it in the evening is the only entertainment about.
Rooms are clean but very shabby, they could do with a lick of paint & new carpets, but plenty of wardrobe space.
They lay on a tuk tuk to take you to their private beach, pleasant but very cramped in with sunbeds - not at all peacefull.
The service & food were the biggest let down. The staff in the restaurant were rude & referred to you by the number of your room. At breakfast you can sit where you want but at your first dinner where they plonk you is where you sit for the remainder of your stay & god forbid you should move! Breakfast was passable but mundane iwth omelettes & fried eggs occasionaly being cooked fresh. Dinner was buffet starter, which cold all tasted the same hot lord knows what it was.We had soup which was very good. The main is an offer of 4 dishes which are presented to you to look at! These were bland, very small & no condiments. The food is best descibed as eatable, tiny portions, tasteless & boring.
We never suffered from tummy upset though.

What i expected and more that i didn't

by TripAdvisor Member dougalch

as i say the hotel was as i expected after reading quite accurate reports here. However i think we all have different takes on our expectations.

The Kanta is a large clean hotel that is dated by modern standards - it was prob built in 70's and has not had much improvements since. The day trip we went on explaned a lot about the reasoning behind the decor of most of the hotels interior - colours etc.

Staff were excellent - yes they refer to you by room number inthe restaurant, but if you treat these people with respect they will actually talk to you and be on a name basis, the staff are only working there, they are not your servent for you holiday so dont treat them as such. Kamel the waiter is brilliant, and will get you anything you want as quick as he can.

It was my wife's birthday and in the restaurant our table was decorated with flower petals, candle and really made marion feel special. I was also able to organise flowers for the room, champagne and coctails in the lounge.

we met up with a family on holiday who stayed in the apartments and they too were happy with everything. although the apartments are selfcatering they could eat in the restaurant which was much better than the brassirie for a small price.

All in all we had a great time, relaxed, sunned and saw a few sites. we will be back and so will the family we met.

amazing

by TripAdvisor Member jerry2020

My partner and i booked this holiday in jan 05. after we booked it we were quite worried as people had said that tunisia was horrible and the reviews we read on the hotel were very dissapointing.

But i have to say we had the holiday of a lifetime!!. We were made feel so special and everything was amazing the staff were great the food was great! Entertainment was great. it was clean safe and secure. I can not understand how anyone could say anything bad about the place at the end of the day its what you make it!!

The only thing that i could say was that breakfast was a little basic. But all in all it was wonderful definatley going back this year. You cant beat the Kanta Experience!!!

A GREAT HOLIDAY

by TripAdvisor Member grangetowers

Read the reviews before we went, and we weren't disappointed. Got a bargain through direct holidays, and found a spotlessly clean hotel, two large pools with excellent water quality, and plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas. Really friendly staff. We swapped our evening meal for lunch on a few occasions as recommended on this site) and had excellent food -far better than in the evening, and waiter service throughout. El Jem is worth a visit if you do nothing else. The drinks in the resort are the same price as in the UK.

We didn't see one unhappy guest during our week, and would happily return.

LOVED THE KANTA!!!!!

Just got back from a week in the Kanta and it was a wonderful hotel. There's not one thing I could complain about so ignore any reviews that criticise this hotel. The staff are so friendly here, the food is lovely, the pools are fantastic, the location is perfect (2 mins to the port.) The hotel rooms are all gorgeous and spacious, and the bathrooms are all wonderfully clean. This hotel really is a winner and both myself and my wife really enjoyed our stay here. Would highly recommend booking half board as the 2 buffets a day are enormous with great variety so if you eat those you'll spend very little on any other food during your stay. We spent nothing at all during our week here. The only thing I would say is that this hotel really is for couples as theres very little to do entertainment wise in the evenings here. But the Kanta is a great spot for couples young and old alike. Would also highly recommend the 2 day tour down south, its well worth the money and the camel ride was hilarious!!!

Can't wait to go again

Had a wonderful holiday at this hotel. Can't wait to go back. All the staff were so friendly and helpful and the hand was never held out for a tip which made tipping a pleasure. The rooms were spotlessly clean with english satellite channels and good views fpm the balcony. Sheets and towels changed daily. The food was excellent, superb buffet starter and a good choice of main courses or a visit to the hot buffet. The pools and garden were lovely with plenty of space, shade from trees and more than enough sun beds and parasols. The beach is private to the hotel and has its own beach bar. Five minutes from the two golf courses. The Panorama course was the best. The lovely marina and shops are only five minutes walk away. A lovely holiday with no pestering on the streets or beaches. Most of the guests were aged 40+. Weather was great average 23c and no rain.

Perfection

Being a family of 2 boys 11 and 13 we find it hard to pick a holiday that suits everyone, but with the Kanta how can you go wrong. It has something for everyone. This is our 6th time back, sometines twice in the one year. The |place has an affect on us all. The people, the place, the friendleiness and food, weather of course but generally the whole atmosphere. Is there anywhere else to stay in Port el Kantaoui. The stafff are beyond the call of duty and cannot do enough for you and have become friends which doesnt always happen on a holiday. We will be meeting up with some special people whom we have met on the first trip to Tunisia and go back every year at the same time so it is a home from home. The boys find it so safe and are allowed to roam and get their independence which cannot be found in the likes of Spain or anywhere else that we have travelled on holidays. The safety the atmosphere, the thought of meeting up with old friends is just wonderful. Would recommend the Kanta over and over again. Cant wait to get back, even though it has not been a year since we were thre. Its like coming home. The Kanta is Tunisia and promotes the country to perfection. We coul dall learn something from these wonderful people.

Hotel Kanta, PEK, 28 December - 4th January .. anyone planning to be there?

by Anna35

Hiya,

3 days after coming back from Kerkennah - I was already missing the sun and the stars of Tunisian sky so... just booked a week at PEK over the New Year.

Never been to PEK, only seen reviews from other people, will be travelling alone this time so any advice appreciated.

I am NOT looking for bars/discos/toyboys etc. Nice, quiet week walking about, sitting outside weather permitting etc. Hopefully meeting some nice people there as I always do in Kerkennah?

Please get in touch if you planning the be there at the same time as me.

Cheers

Anna

Kanta Hotel, PEK, Hammam's

by jaffacakes

Has anyone ever stayed at The Kanta Hotel PEK, if so I would be interested in what you thought of the hotel etc.

Has anyone been to the local hammam/Turkish baths, I believe there is one in Sousse. I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

RE: Kanta Hotel, PEK, Hammam's

by mikeyboy111

Hi Jaffa,
You will have a great time at the Kanta. We went last september and have booked again ....going in June for 2 weeks.
The place is great for a relaxing break .... 2 large pools with loads of sun beds/matresses in the shade or sun the choice is yours! The food is good with plenty of choice, rooms are maybe a bit dated but are very clean. The staff make this hotel special they are very friendly and attentive nothing is too much trouble. Fell sure that you will have a great time.

Comments