Sindbad Center Aparthotel

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 95% less but rated 46% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Terje1966's Profile Photo

Ok alternative to the north of Sousse centre

Rooms and food ok. Nothing special. To get to the beach(400meters) you have to cross a busy road right outside the hotel door so you really have to watch your children. The beach restaurant was wery good and the beach also. Beautiful sand altough a bit narrow and crowded.

Unique Quality: Nothing unique but one of my family`s best charter trips.

Directions: Halfway between Sousse centre and Port El Kantaoui

• CarolynShort's Profile Photo

Cheap and cheerful

We stayed for a week at the Hotel Sindbad on a really cheap last minute package tour. It was OK for the price we paid, but I'm sure there are better options if you book earlier. I've read reviews of other places that are worse, so all in all I was pretty satisfied.

Our room was quite small, and didn't have a balcony or good view, but some of the rooms did have pool views and nice balconies. I wouldn't opt for "sea view" if you have a choice.. sea is quite a distance away and you'll be facing busy main road. Our room had two single beds pushed together... The air-conditioning and fridge worked well .. we didn't try the 2-ring electric cooker that looked a bit rusty. Our only real complaint was that the shower curtain didn't reach the floor of the cubicle so the whole bathroom floor got soaked every time you had a shower. Our shower head also broke, but this was replaced straight away.

I was also surprised by the distance from the beach... I knew in advance I'd have to cross busy road, but then you have to wander across 50m of waste ground and down a short lane before you reach the beach. Worth the walk though, as Sindbad's private area of the beach has nice sun loungers and parasols for only 2Dinar per day, and a beach hut cafe with toilet facilities. The staff also keep hawkers away from their guests, and bring you drinks and food to you on the beach.

Unique Quality: It was a small hotel, where the staff were all very friendly and courteous. I felt it was nicer to be recognised by the staff and the other guests, rather than feeling like a face in the crowd at one of the massive 'all-inclusive-type' hotels. There were no queues for meals, and you could always get a sun lounger by the pool or on their area on the beach.

There was a nice mix of nationalities, French, Swedish, Dutch, East Europeans, English, and alot of families. There was a children's disco every evening and entertainment like belly dancing, karaoke, live acts... not my cup of tea, but I did make the trip to their sister hotel (Golf Residence) in nearby Port El Kantaoui one night, to watch a very funny drag act .

We stayed half-board, and the food was as good as any we tried in any of more expensive hotels we stopped at for meals during our 2-day Sahara excursion... mainly Tunisian-themed, with breakfast of cereals, croissants/pain au chocolat, hard-boiled eggs, cooked tomatos in olive oil (no bacon/sausage/toast), and water melon.... evening meals were 2 soups, salad bar, choice of 1 chicken, 1 meat, 1 vegetarian dish and occasionally fish... chips were only served twice in the week... so fussy kids might be hard to please.... dessert was more water melon and little cakes... drinks cost extra, even water. My favourite food was the little "Merguez" spicy sausages they served from their beach cafe.

Directions: On the main road between Sousse and Port El Kantaoui