Entebbe Hotels

Our Members Say

• Marina_tom profile photo Marina_tom
  • Reviews: 74

The Speke Resort: Resort on a lake

Beautiful, huge resort, located at the biggest lake in the world-Lake Victoria. You can book individual rooms or bungalows (cottage) that are made in totally African style. Hotel has a lot of staff-from restaurant and bar staff, drivers that can take you around, gardeners..Nature around and in a resort is stunning. Mosquito repellent is a must to have in your bag. As chairman is Indian (also took the 18th place as the richest businessman in Africa), most of the food that they serve in resort is Indian. I suggest you to try Butter Chicken and grilled Tilapia fish. I didn't consider the rest of the food that tasty or attractive to try, but maybe you would like it. Uganda honey is amazing!

Huge pool, horse stable where you can do horseback riding, few restaurants and bars, nature.

• Related to: Horse Riding, Family Travel, Hiking and Walking
  • Written May 6, 2013

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Entebbe Flight Hotel: All change

Another hotel in Entebbe that is having a lot of work done to it is the Entebbe Flight Hotel. As you can see from the photo it looks like it will triple in size when complete.

I remember a mate of mine that stayed here 2 years ago he said that entering the hotel was like walking through a building site.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written February 15, 2010

Shade Guest House: Entebbe's best budget choice

This is the place where I head straight for from the airport on arrival. A no messing cheapie in the heart of Kitoro township in Entebbe. A bit more expensive than anything similar i the rest to f the country but then again tis is Entebbe.

Unfortunately at the budget end you don't get a self contained room but staying here I have never had to wait for the shared shower to be vacant.

All rooms have nets and a big bucket of water and a plastic wash basin.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written September 2, 2009

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kidepo Guest House: not such a budget choice

UPDATE FEB 2010

Since I wrote the original tip below a lot has changed. The once non self contained rooms are now fitted with carpet have a TV in the rooms and there is an ajoining bathroom and toilet to each room. The price is now 46,000 UGX for a single and a double is 51,000 UGX

Very close to the airport this place and for the first couple of visits to Uganda I stayed here on my arrival straight from the airport. It is not exactly the cheapest place in Kitoro even though looking at the place you would think it should be.

It was hard to find out the right price of a room here I was charged over the odds first but because it was late at night and I couldn’t be arsed moving on I decided to stay; once I started speaking in Swahili to the girl on the reception she decided that I had been over charged and refunded some of my money which I immediately spent on a bottle of Pilsner.

What I like about The Kidepo is that it's set in a small but very green plot with many trees full of birdlife that can be viewed whilst supping a cold Pilsner form the bar.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written September 2, 2009

LAICO Lake Victoria Entebbe Hotel: Nice pool

The name of this hotel keeps changing. Windsor lake Victoria Hotel it was called first time I came here. It changed its name to Libya lake Victoria Hotel round about the time of Colonel Gadaffi's visit to Uganda. I was told that it changed its name back to Windsor before the Queens visit to Uganda for the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in 2007 but in May 2009 it was definately called LAICO Lake Victoria Hotel.

UPDATE FEB 2010

My favourite pool in Entebbe hss at the moment got a kibati fence around it as some serious work was in progress to the pool and changing rooms. There is already a smartly grass roofed bar area but tiling in the pool was a long way from being finished. I asked in the hotel itself as to when the pool would be open again.

“They are telling us the work will be completed in May.” Said the cheerful girl on reception.

Nicest pool in Entebbe!

Nice pizza.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written June 2, 2009

• yurxlnc profile photo yurxlnc
  • Reviews: 197

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Imperial Botanic otel: lovely view of the lake

Pleasant stay in scenic surroundings. Breakfast was eaten in the garden. Only complaint was that there was no table to work on, so I had to move the TV and use the table it was on. Rooms were big.

Great view

• yurxlnc profile photo yurxlnc
  • Reviews: 197

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Imperial Beach Hotel: poor management

i was booked into this hotel as one of a group, but on arrival was told that our reservation had been cancelled, and we had been transferred to the sister hotel The Imperial botanic Garden Hotel.
When we arrived at the latter, we expected to find our team leader, but were told he was at the Imperial beach hotel. Back we went and asked if there was a reservation in his name. No.
Just then he walked in , having come down from his room.
A similar scenario occurred when another member of our group arrived.

Nobody really knows what is going on.

• Related to: Business Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written November 13, 2006

Imperial beach resort Hotel

• grets profile photo grets
  • Reviews: 3429

Sophies Motel: Run down but pleasant

Sophie’s Motel is a little run down, but still quite pleasant. The rooms are named after African countries, we are in Tanzania and Sue and Gordon occupy Rwanda. This is our last night, so it’s time to sort out clothes for going home and re-pack the bags before having a drink.

What a noisy night! A group of orthodontists staying at the hotel obviously had an early flight this morning; we heard every single wake up call starting at 5 o’clock. Next door sounded like they were in the room with me, I could hear the rustling of luggage, the flushing of toilets, zipping up of bags, shaving, talking, car engines revving, doors opening, doors closing, running of water etc. All through the night a raucous bird was honking and a sleepless dog barking. I am glad when it is time to get up. In the breakfast room I ask the waitress where she would like me to sit and am told “anywhere”. We chose a table on the terrace, but are told to move to another one nearer the kitchen! This really amuses me.

Reception, bar with TV, restaurant. En suite rooms with mosquito nets and balcony. The hotel probably had lake views before they built the monstrocity of a blue building between it and the lake shore! Lots of birds frequent the area. A little on the outskirts of town.

• Written September 2, 2004