Capitol Palace Hotel

Plot 26-32 Katalina Crescent, Nagura Hill, Kampala, Uganda

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data

More about Kampala

Taxi from the airport to KampalaTaxi from the airport to Kampala

Boda-Boda motorcycle taxis in KampalaBoda-Boda motorcycle taxis in Kampala

Muyenga area, KampalaMuyenga area, Kampala

Pictures from KampalaPictures from Kampala

Safety in Kampala

by adamsguest

We are considering visiting someone in Kampala, but are unfamiliar with the area so we are concerned about safety. What has others' experience been on this topic, particularly if traveling with children? Thanks.

by muguruki

Im in Kampala at the moment and think it is relatively a safe city. The most dangerous thing here is crossing the road by the taxi park. After a week here I think Ive got the hang again of crossing kampalan roads, you just go for it and dont hesitate. Never travelled with kids here but I guess they will get spoilt wrotten.

by Hashis

No problem. U will be surprised how safe it is. Enjoy ur stay.

by jake5148

Hi, I have traveled to several places in Africa and can see why you would be concerned about safety but as the other replies have mentione this place is by far safer than one would think. People are quite nice and very civilized in both Enttebe, which is where the airport is, and Kampala. I wouldnt recomenend venturingout too far at night unless you have a local with a car with you but that would be the same advice I would give you in most places. In regards to the kids, I think the should be fine just make sure you all take the Malaria medication before you go as a bout of Malaria can really ruin your trip. I would'nt know how safe other perts of Uganda are because I know that there are certain parts where there is still some rebel activity, but Kampala is safe. If you go, make sure to visit Laka Victoria and if you have a chance go to see the gorilla park, the park is in the middle of the jungle where you basically visit the gorillas in their own habitat. be warned that only 7 people are allowed to go at a time because they dont want to disturb the gorillas so you need to book in advanced to make sure you get to go.

Travel Tips for Kampala

MOTOCYCLE TAXI TO ENTEBBE

by DAO

This was a great day out. I wanted to go to the Chimpanzee Sanctuary and had to get to Entebbe, 45 kilometres away. My trusted motorcycle driver, victor, said he would take me. What a blast! We rode with the morning traffic and at one light it looked like a whacky race with cars, motorcycles and bicycles all making a mad dash as soon as the lights turned green. Along the way I saw a variety of Ugandan life in the morning. Farmers working in the fields, families fetching water, shops getting deliveries of bananas and a bit of wildlife along the way. The whole time I was bouncing along on the back of the motorcycle enjoying every windy minute of it.

The weather in Kampala

by georeiser

Uganda is located in the tropical equator line of Africa, and the weather change quickly here.
I experienced a heavy rain weather a day I was at Muyenga club. I had just arrived the swimmingpool area when dark clouds came from Lake Victoria. It rained for 40 minutes, and then the clouds disappeard as quick as they came. June 2010.

Patience, young padwan.

by maharaja_joe

Ugandans are very friendly and courteous. Also life moves at a slower pace. A matatu/bus/shared taxi will depart towards its destination only after it is full. Clearly, patience is of utmost importance in Uganda, especially if you are on budget travel.

Almost everyone in Uganda speaks English. When you go up to a person for any work (eg. asking for directions), it is common to first greet the person by saying "Hello" and shaking hands with him. It is also common to ask how they are doing and waiting for their response. It is after all the pleasantries are completed that the topic of the conversation comes up. It is also common to keep shaking hands during the pleasantries.

Sauna

by muguruki

Not exactly a local custom but surprisingly popular in Uganda is going for a sauna.

My favourite place in Kampala is the K. K. Health Cub in Ntinda. Not easy to find unless you know where you are going. If you are coming from Kampala take a taxi to Ntinda and alight when you see the sign. The sign for the place is not so obvious but the sign for "Nob View Hotel" is easier to see (as seen in the photo).

Naalya

by croisbeauty

This is Naalya, suburb of Kampala where I stayed for almost two weeks. Apart of bad weather conditions I spend pleasant time here surrounded with nice people in my neighborhood. They called me "mzungu" (whiteman) and I almost felt like being a part of their community......

Comments