Kampala Hotels

Our Members Say

• georeiser profile photo georeiser
  • Reviews: 2054
Olympia Hotel: Olympia Hotel in Kampala

Olympia Hotel is located beside Marble Arch Hotel, behind a gravel backroad in Kasanga towards the Munyonyo area. This hotel was too far away from the nightlife Kabalagala. It is said that many foreigners stay here, but I saw only local guests when I was here. The price is 25000 UGS (12 USD) for a very small single room. 45000 UGS (20 USD) for a dbl.room.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Jungle and Rain Forest, Photography, Arts and Culture
  • Written July 30, 2010

Olympia Hotel in Kampala

• muguruki profile photo muguruki
  • Reviews: 476

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hilton: High on a hill

I was having a nice quiet beer in a bar in Old Kampala when I realised there was a new building being constructed somewhere upon a hill above the Bondo rd. I asked a guy who worked in the bar as to if he knew what was being built on the horizon. He told me he believed that it was a Hilton Hotel that was being built.

It is certainly in a really nice position on a hill looking over the city centre but when its complete I don’t know.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written January 18, 2011

• Texmission profile photo Texmission
  • Reviews: 2

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Adonai Guest Houses: Please remove pictures and review

Recently in July I stayed at Adonai and it was a big disappointment. Commitments were not kept, furniture arrangement and peaceful setting now the same as in the pictures. Please remove my previous review. The place is clean and the food is safe but it bears no resemblance to my previous trips. The management needs to wake up and realize they had a good thing going instead of packing people in to houses even putting beds in the garage!

Very sad situation. Staff overworked and chef that cooked great food has gone. So sorry this happened but thought I should warn mission team leaders that your reservations may not be what you expect.

safe location, safe food, clean but not as well managed as before

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written September 11, 2006

• WWilly profile photo WWilly
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Speke Resort Munyonyo Hotel: Uganda's worst Hotel Experience

DO NOT GO THERE. I invited a family friend along with his three children and wife for the new-year (2013). I reserved two units of their two bed roomed furnished apartments but to our surprise one dining table was suspicious covered with linen at check-in . Little did we know that they were covering up a broken glass which they later made us pay (close to 200USD) at checkout. It was very embarrassing to my guests and family. The management was adamant at one point even mentioning that for the absence of hot water in one of the units, it was our responsibility to inform then rather than theirs to confirm the room stated prior to our Check-in. Despite having been a regular client before I found the treatment totally unacceptable as it even culminated in locking up our luggage and holding us in their control room prior to paying what we didn't break. I had also been there for the 2011 xmas and the diner was over congested with dignitaries eating while standing for lack of seats. I DON NOT ADVISE ANY BODY TO GO THERE

Rooms are well furnished but wall finishes and capentry leaves a lot to be desired, rigid resturant menu, be carefull you may pay for what you didnt break, as we did for a table we knew nothing about. Staff are not warm

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written January 16, 2013

• explore_discover profile photo explore_discover
  • Reviews: 229

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Aponye Hotel: Economical and Comfortable

Gonna be sort of BLIND DATE found it on google map, contacted by e.mail for rate and got prompt reply, single room UGSH40,000 Double 65,000 and Delux (Twin/Double) 85,000 (Payment in Dollar is higher then Uganda Shiling) free wifi, central location, breakfast for UGSH6,000

Middle of the Town Quite and Comfortable Rooms, with the Large Terrace

• muguruki profile photo muguruki
  • Reviews: 476

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

City Hotel: I'll never come back

Arriving late in Kampala several hotels that I checked were all full up. Desperate to crash, I ended up climbing two sets of steep stairs at the City Hotel very close to Nakasero Market. They did have a room but that was up another flight of stairs. Too tired after the long journey from Nairobi I decided to take the room despite thinking I was paying far too much for a scruffy room with a dirty bathroom down the end of the corridor.

The bar is alright mind!

My scruffy netless room cost 25,000 UGX