Lira Hotels

Our Members Say

Town View Hotel: My new favourite place in town

You probably can’t get any more central than this place. Good value this place; I paid 25k for a single non self-contained spotlessly clean room with a fan and mosi net. There are several shared gents and ladies toilets and bathrooms at either end of the corridor.

Included was also a decent breakfast. The breakfast was usually juice, a piece of fruit, Katogo or eggs and bread with either tea or coffee. I quite enjoyed watching BBC news on the TV in the breakfast room while eating my katogo, very civilised.

The girls that clean the rooms are also more than happy to do your laundry as well. A bigger room with its own bathroom costs 45UGX, one of these rooms came in handy when I came down with malaria and didn’t fancy walking to the shared toilet.

There was also a bar and restaurant here .

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written October 15, 2014

Jamara Tavarn Guest House: Typica joint

Typical east African Bar/restaurant/guest house just around the corner from the very noisey Club 24-7 night club. The staff here were well helfull and the Pilsner was always ice cold. And I was well happy with my self contained room with a huge bed for 20,000UGX.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written February 20, 2013

Snowline Guest House: Top gaff

Staff were so helpfull at this place. I was well made up here big room, hot water, fan, mossie net, and beer available 24 hours.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive