Mbarara District Hotels

Our Members Say

• grets profile photo grets
  • Reviews: 3429

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lake View Regency: Modern Multistorey Hotel

The Lake View Regency Hotel is nothing like I imagined. It is a large, international style multi-storey complex with a swimming pool set in its large grounds. A welcome drink of fresh fruit juice is served while we check in. The porter has difficulty in opening Sue and Gordon’s door, so they are upgraded to a lake view room. We have a view of the rear buildings of the hotel, but the bonus is that there is a marabou stork sitting on the roof just outside our window, giving us a great view of this majestic bird.

Unknown to us, the restaurant is laying on an African Buffet tonight – if I had known I would have chosen that. Never mind, my chicken curry with chapatti is very good (and spicy – a legacy from the historical presence of an Indian population) and David enjoys his beef stroganoff with rice. Tonight is Lariam night, so we have many strange dreams slumbering under the mosquito net.

Greed overtakes me at the breakfast buffet, and I grab scrambled eggs, sausages, beaked beans and some bread. It seems that Ugandans have a very sweet tooth, as both the bread and the beans have added sugar. The sausages are very dry, and I struggle to even eat half the portion I took.

• Opinion of Price: N/A