Moroto Hotels

Our Members Say

• muguruki profile photo muguruki
  • Reviews: 476

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gulona: Better than it first appeared

Certainly not the best place in town but when a workshop / conference is in a town of the size of Moroto you can't be too fussy. A lot of the other places were full, The Leslona only had one room left and that was 61,000 which is well over my budget. Moon Guest House was full and I should have imagined was in my price range, and the Mount Moroto Hotel was a bit out of town and 51, 000.

The Gulona is a bog standard guest house the type you can find all over East Africa. In the front of the building is a bar, and behind there is a gated compound with bathroom less rooms on either side. If I was in somewhere like Kampala and was asked to pay 20,000 for this room I would have walked away but in Moroto there was not a lot of choice so stayed.

In the end I was glad I did the people who worked there from the young lad on reception to the girls who worked in the bar or cleaned the rooms were really nice people. There was no running water here as and the lad that brought the jerry can of water everyday was a right good laugh. Even if a much better, affordable room was available in another hotel next time I was in town I'd still be tempted to stay at the Gulona as the staff of the place made so welcome.

There was always someone around who'd be more than happy to wash your clothes for you for a small fee and you would inevitably be given a Karamajong language lesson. On a few occasions I was told "I want to teach you my language".

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written February 12, 2010
Tip Photo

• muguruki profile photo muguruki
  • Reviews: 476

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mount Moroto Hotel: Nothing special

I never stayed here but when I reached the place for a drink one day I was disapointed in the service and the warm beer. Also at the state of the leaking toilet near the bar.

I was told that a single room her cost 51,000 ugx

The Hotel is situated in a really nice spot away from town at the foot of Mount Moroto.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average