Soroti Hotels

Our Members Say

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Landmark Hotel: Smarter than the average gaff

I only had a drink and on another occasion had a meal at this place so I can't say how good or otherwise the accomodation is. I can say that the few people that I spoke to that were staying here were all quite happy with the place. The meal here wasn't bad the veg curry was a nice change from the standard fare you get at most hotelis in town.

I guess the Landmark is smarter than your average hotel in Soroti and it was the only one that a Muzungu might get directed to if you were asking for a hotel in town.

• Written March 1, 2010

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kenwicod Guest House: Top little gaff

No complaints about this place stayed here again for the second time in as many years.

Had a big enough room with a nice firm royal foam double sized mattress in a self contained room all for 15,000 UGX. I could get all my clothes washed for 2,000 from one of the girls working in the guest house and what’s more the bar sold ice cold Nile for !,600, bargain.

Tuesday nights were the busiest when really talented DJ cranks up the Lingala till around midnight in the bar.

The bus to Kampala stops outside the Guest house and all other buses can be caught from the bus park a couple off hundred metres away or if you were heading to Lira from across the gardens 200 metres in the other direction. Well handy.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written February 15, 2010

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Garden Guest House: Garden Guest House

Not such a bad place. Nice quiet spot on Engwan Rd. I shifted here one time when there was a big problem with the power supply and because the bandas have grass roofs even if there is no power the place stays surprisingly cool as Soroti at times can get really hot. Braekfast is included, in the restaurant where they insist on having the radio and the TV on at the same time both at full volume. I was told they do this coz some people like to listen to the radio and some like to watch TV. It's enought o put you off your scrambled egg!

If 25,000Ugs is a bit expensive the Garden Guest House Annex at the end of Solot Avenue is cheaper at 10,000 Ugs. Clean non self contained rooms but with no fan. Its also better placed for the boozers in town.

• Written June 5, 2008

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ted Wills: Guest House

A bit pricey for me this at 25,000Ugs but there seems to be a gap in the market here in Soroti.
There are the cheapo 10,000 non self contained room in a guest house which there are many, and then the 25,000 plus guest house with selfcontained rooms and breakfast included. Around the rest of the country I was happily staying in self contained rooms for around 15,000UGs.

I can't tell you what the breakfast is like as I had a dodgy stomach and a long bus journey ahead of me the day I left so couldn't take advantage of it.

The rooms are big at TedWills and the place is spotless, but they took an age to prepare the room when I arrived. So long infact I almost picked up my bag went to find somewhere else.

• Written June 2, 2008