54 Park Lane, Harare, Zimbabwe

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Harare

Bronte Hotel arcades, Harare, ZimbabweBronte Hotel arcades, Harare, Zimbabwe

ReceptionReception

Jacaranda flowers in the  gardenJacaranda flowers in the garden

Harare ZimbabweHarare Zimbabwe

Harare to Victoria Falls flights/coaches

by Durfun

I am looking for assistance on the following for two of my cousins touring Africa:

1. Harare - Vic Falls return; frequency, timings & fares
2. Coach for Harare - VFalls return; journey duration, frequency & fares.
3. Harare - Nairobi; flight frequency & fares

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
Darshan

RE: Harare to Victoria Falls flights/coaches

by MNyarai

Hi. Air Zimbabwe flies between Hre and Vic Falls 3 times a week I think, and it's a 45min flight. Air fares were about USD300 return 2 months ago. There is a daily coach service between Hre and Bulawayo (halfway to Vic Falls) on Blue Arrow Luxury Coaches, and that's about ZWD15 mill return. At open market rates, that's maybe 45USD. Unfortunately, there is no coach service between Bulawayo and Vic Falls so you'd have to use public transport.
Also, Air Zimbabwe and Kenya Airways both have direct flights between Hre and Nairobi

Hope I was of some help.

RE: RE: Harare to Victoria Falls flights/coaches

by Durfun

Hey, thx, but the cuz already returned in mid-March! Since they hadn't done any bkgs till arrival at HRE, they ended up paying a lot of money :(

RE: RE: Harare to Victoria Falls flights/coaches

by MNyarai

Ah, shame. Too bad. I did notice your thread was dated Jan, but I thought I'd try and help. I'm a Hararian and worked for the largest hotel group in Zim, but I'm currently living in Afghanistan. I left home a month ago and with inflation being what it is in Zim, I wasn't very sure of current prices. Did they make it out to Vic Falls? Hope they liked it.

Travel Tips for Harare

Good prices from this travel agent

by sebblit7

There's a guy called Steve Ke Zhao, the CEO of Zimbabwe International Travel and Tours (ZITT) he gets hotels at half the rate they quote the public. He got us single rooms at the Rainbow Towers (formerly Sheraton) for US$90 B&B incl. taxes

He offered us single at Meikles for US$120

He can also arrange car hire and local flights, etc.

Cell: +26391 598 598
Tel: +2634 790661/2/7
Fax: +2634 790 775
Email: sales@zitt.co.zw or zhaoke2000@hotmail.com

Harare Tip

by B_Caro

At our last evening in Harare, we had a nice dinner (don't ask me where, I don't remember the place or the name), with all African dishes.

On our way back to the hotel (in fact in the street where the hotel was situated) we heard music, this typical African music. We decided to take a look. There was a party going on in the garden. I really don't know if it was private or not, but anyway, we were invited to join the people. It was really nice.

A few of us stayed a while longer and we were dancing (and drinking) till the early morning. No doubt we had a great time.

Rukweza, rural village

by sachara

In Rukweza we saw many round huts with walls, which were not made of mud, but built with bricks. The huts had thatched roofs. There were also a lot of square concrete buildings in all kind of sizes.

A pity we didn't sleep in the huts, but in a large square shaped house in the centre of the village, where we had electricity, running water, a toilet and a shower.

The village Rukweza is rather small, so everywhere we had a nice view at the surrouning landscape. We also made a walk outside the village, where our hosts showed us the crops at the fields. The people coming from their fields or other villages greeted us very friendly.

Harare - a.k.a. Salisbury

by RblWthACoz

"Well that is what the city used to be called."

What used to be the breadbasket is now the wastebasket. That is what people in Zimbabwe are saying about their country these days, and the capital has not escaped this new reality. Crime is rampant as people's means of earning income has been obliterated and hyper inflation rules their world. Tourism has taken a massive hit and many people are staying away. And in the midst of all of this...I spend a couple of weeks in Harare. Woo hoo!!

Salisbury (Oh all right -- Harare)

by Troopie

"My lost hometown"

"You name it, they don't have it!"

I lived a few kilometres from this city for most of my early life, right up until my criticism of the Mugabe regime (when the rest of the world still considered him a democrat!) led to my leaving with the secret police on my tail. I haven't returned & won't while Mugabe is in power.

Comments