4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Hotels.com Agoda.com Expedia.com

Costs 124% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• glennkasner's Profile Photo

Back to the bush

After a few days at the Elephant Hills we were sure that we couldn't be more satisfied as far as hotels were concerned - we were wrong.
    The Victoria Falls Safari Lodge is an up market game lodge just a short way away from our previous stay. The views from the rooms and restaurants are simply spectacular ( we were booked into the Kudu Suite ).
    The hotel overlooks a large water hole that attracts dozens of animals of all types but the highlight of my stay was an early morning walk with resident guide, John. We were 20 minutes into the walk and he was explaining the cultural medicinal uses of the various plants to me when we came across a rather mean looking lone buffalo about 20m away. We froze in our tracks, John unslung his rifle -just in case - and we stood there staring at each other with only a few bushes separating us. After a while John said I could take a picture or two of the buffalo, but my movement seemed to generate more interest from the beast and we decided it was time to retreat. At this point I was shown a tree to head for and John made a loud noise to give the buffalo a fright. The buffalo turned and ran away a few metres before turning around again to face us - needless to say, by this time we had retreated a considerable distance and were hiding behind more trees. To my relief, the buffalo lost interest and moved off in the opposite direction and left us to continue our walk. A short while later we came across a small herd of buffalo but they were more interested in their mud bath and didn't even notice us.
    The rest of the walk was relatively uneventful yet very interesting and John shared a wealth of information with me and all too soon we were back at the hotel in time for a late breakfast

• Victoria Falls Luxury

We had this hotel on a bed and breakfast basis but were always gone for breakfast on an Elephant Back Safari or a Game Drive. The Lodge has suffered from lack of visitors and the inability of everyone to get all of the items they need to maintain the atmosphere they desire. We were there at a reduced cost obtained by my sister who is a South African resident--there are tour packages for South African Residents otherwise it is too expensive.

Unique Quality: Right on a watering hole. We had not seen any Elephants on our game drive, until we were having dinner one evening and several Elephants came to the Watering Hole by the Lodge to drink.

The staff was helpful in downloading a full memory card to CD (Cost was $7 USD) but worth letting us get more photos.

Dinners were included in our package but did not include any drinks (alcoholic or nonalcoholic and a 16 oz Lemonade was $6 USD).

They use all American or South African Currency (US Currency is stronger--otherwise you get a bad exchange rate).

• Durfun's Profile Photo

The best site to view game!

The decor & designing are fabulous, the service is superb, and you couldn't ask for a more strategic site when it comes to viewing game.

Right in front of 'Boma' restaurant, there is an open viewing area looking out over a huge watering hole, where the animals start approaching around dusk.

Unique Quality: The views of the watering hole, and the whole natural, unspoilt scenery.

Directions: Very close to the hotel district

• mvtouring's Profile Photo

Victoria Falls Safari Lodge

One of the nicest places that i have yet stayed in. the staff is very friendly and always trying to go out of their way to please you.

Unique Quality: the dining room overlooks the watering hole which is absolutely fantastic as you can sit and watch the animals visiting the watering hole while you are enjoying your sundowner, or breakfast.

• mmmbenz's Profile Photo

Luxury and Simplicity

I stayed at the Victoria Fall the second time I visited Victoria Falls. The hospitality I had received the time before when I stayed at the Hange Lodge was not nearly the same. They hotel people saw us as dollar signs instead of customers. I went into the gift shop when I first arrived and only bought a few things because I didn't have all my money with me. I came back in the store an hour later and they had increased the price of their merchandise four times. Our food also became more expensive because they learned that we were from the United States. It made the trip somewhat frustrating.

Unique Quality: The acctual accommodations were quite nice. The rooms had beautiful color and furniture. It was also fun to come back to your villa and have thirty baby warthogs around. It was a lot of fun.

The side of the villas would role up so you could watch the wildlife around you. Definitely cool.

More about Victoria Falls Safari Lodge

by skyliner about Victoria Falls Safari Lodge

The rack room rate while we were there was $135 US per night, included breakfast. Victoria Falls Safari Lodge was a wonderful place to stay. We were welcomed and treated as special guests. Our rooms had an African flavor and the view of the watering hole captured the interest of our entire group. The restaurants were excellent and the service throughout the hotel was fantastic.

We stayed at the Victoria...

by janiac

We stayed at the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, which was very nice. But the best part was its on-site watering hole. We saw baboons, elephant, impala, kudu at the watering hole. And the grounds had monkeys, mongoose and warthogs wandering about. One morning I woke to find a cape buffalo grazing not to far from my balcony. The picture here is of the mopane worms served at the Boma restaurant, which is on the Vic Falls Safari Lodge grounds.

Lokuthula Hotel

by elpariente about Lugar de Paz - Place of Peace

Lokuthula significa en Sindebele: lugar de Paz
Victoria Falls Safari Lodge está a cuatro kilómetros de Victoria Falls y es un capricho que vale la pena después de un Safari

El edificio central ( Victoria Falls Safari Lodge ) es todo de madera , sin paredes , muy ventilado y yo diría que es de estilo Africano . En el están todos los servicios , restaurantes , bar , recepción y una magnífica terraza desde la que se puede ver aparte de la puesta de sol , el lago al que vienen a beber todo tipo de animales ( elefantes , impalas , cebras , aves... )
Puedes quedarte en las habitaciones del hotel que están junto al edificio principal o puedes alojarte en las "lodges" ( Lokuthula lodges ) , a las que se accede por los "jardines" del hotel en los que hay facoceros y otros animales salvajes . Los "lodges"están completamente equipados con cocina , mosquitera... y desde ellos puedes ver animales y la naturaleza . Todo un lujo !!!
Por cierto nos llamó la atención que como el hotel tampoco los lodges tenían ventanas
A las 13h es todo un espectácuo ver como cientos de buitres acuden delante del hotel para comer los restos de comida que les dan
Lokuthula means in Sindebele : Place of Peace
Victoria Falls Safari Lodge is four miles from Victoria Falls and is a treat worth after a Safari
The main building (Victoria Falls Safari Lodge) is all wood, without walls very well ventilated and I would say that is of African style. In this area are all services, restaurants, bar, reception and a superb terrace from which you can see besides the sunset, the lake where come to drink all kinds of animals (elephants, impalas, zebras, birds .. .)come to drink .
You can stay in rooms that are next to the main building or you can stay in lodges ( Lokuthula Lodges), which is accessed through the "gardens" of the hotel where there are warthogs and other wild animals
The lodges are fully equipped with kitchen, mosquito nets ... and from them you may see animals and nature. A luxury!
By the way , we noticed that as the hotel , the rooms had no windows
At 13h is quite a spectacle to see how hundreds of vultures come in front of the hotel to eat leftovers that they give to them

Heaven on earth

by janiac about Victoria Falls Safari Lodge

Gorgeous hotel, wild animals visiting on the grounds, great restaurants and lovely rooms water hole on property brings animals within viewing range.

Comments