Park Palace Guest House

#4
Rank 4 of 4 hotels
in Kabul
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 2 reviews

Guest House with broken road and faulty shower

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 1, 2011

I stayed in Park Palace Guest House in Oct 2010. There is no proper shop near the guest house. The road outside it like a dirt road. During the stay the shower broke and I had to go to another room but there was no warm water in it. Not a nice place to live for $55. Its better to spend a bit more and stay in a better hotel.

Unique Quality: Laundry is included in the $55.
Breakfast is good.
cosy room

Penelope4's Profile Photo

Guesthouse with the nicest garden

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 27, 2009

During the electoral period in 2009, afraid of becoming a casualty of suicide bombings, I decided to stay in the city and I picked Park Palace. I spent 10 nights and I felt at home, actually. The buildings are two-storey and I found the atmosphere friendly and the place was very quiet. My clothes get washed and returned on the same day and the room is always made up. I had to ask them to change the bedsheets after 5 days. The receptionists speak good English. The waiters and the cleaners don't feel comfortable with English but nevertheless they attend to the guests' needs. Many journalists stayed here during elections.

Unique Quality: Rooms are small but guess what: water's temperature centrally controlled. Each room has a satellite TV cable with 25 channels, has DVD player, central heating and IDD phone. One can get free tea or coffee anytime from the restaurant. Buffet dinner is served at US$ 8 per person including drinks, tea and dessert. The rate of US$ 55 includes complimentary buffet breakfast. What I love most about this place is the garden where you can enjoy sitting down in the evening or during the day.

Directions: It is across the former Dutch Embassy.

Nearby Park Palace Guest House

Park Palace Guest House

• Park Palace Guest House Hotel Kabul

Address: Shar-e-Naw, P.O. Box No. 5459, Kabul, Afghanistan

Kabul Travel Forum

Need advice about Kabul, Afghanistan? Visit the Travel Forum for Kabul and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kabul hotel reviews