Chittagong Hotels

Our Members Say

• BobYourUncle profile photo BobYourUncle
  • Reviews: 11

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Peninsula: The Best in Chittagong (apparently)

They say this is the best accommodation in the city. And from what I hear from other travellers it is apparently so.
One thing you must hand them is full points for courtesy and friendliness. That seems to be the mantra anywhere you go in Bangladesh. The staff a really friendly - even when you push them to give you free access to internet - "Sorry Sir - it is 1000 taka per day but for you we will give a 60% discount!". (I believe in this day and age internet access should be free).
The rooms are comfortable - comfortable bed, good air-conditioning, good toilet and toiletries. Good place to get back to after a long day at the factory.
They have a profusion of restaurants in the hotel. I tried the Flamingo (4th Floor) and I must say I was disappointed with the grilled lamb chops I got served - it may have to do with the goat itself but definitely not recommended.
They serve breakfast at the Laguna (5th Floor) - it looked like a decent spread (but colleagues said it wasn't all that great). I only had the mishti dohi, which was good enough for my sweet tooth.
There are facilities for steam, sauna and a gym - used only the last mentioned. Managed a good 1 hour on the treadmills without anyone waiting for me to get off - I guess 4 treadmills for this facility is good enough.
If I have to go back - I guess I may still stay here and hope for better food though.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Business Travel
  • Written June 6, 2012

• OMERKASHMIRI profile photo OMERKASHMIRI
  • Reviews: 28

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Penisula Chittagong: Best hotel in chittagong

I have stayed there four times so far, and its the only 4 star hotel available in town. Its rooms are good, located nicely in the heart of the city. It offers break fast buffet.

It has its own gym, swimming pool and disco actually the only disco in town. Disco is open only on Thursdays. It has also only recognized Thai spa , good for relaxing massage. Room's rates are as follows:
Deluxe $160++ 11,200.00

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written December 11, 2010
Tip Photo

Executive twin

• sasumon profile photo sasumon
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Eastern View

''Hotel Eastern View'' the newest hotel at business capital Chittagong in Bangladesh. Here staffs & service is good. Amenities are nice too.

The hotel's rooms are so big, Sheet are white & really clean.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Business Travel, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written June 3, 2008

• Gnome profile photo Gnome
  • Reviews: 164

Agrabad Hotel: Agrabad Hotel

The Agrabad Hotel has many unique qualities. I tend to think of it as being two star quality at a five star price. It is unlike any hotel I have ever been in before. It is usually totally deserted, as not many people visit Chittagong. This explains why the management insist on turning off all the lights in the corridors and restaurants at all hours of the day. If you do manage to find the restaurant, be very wary about eating there, as I did not see anyone eat there in the whole time I was there. The rooftop garden is unforgettable in the evening, as you can watch the sun sink into the think smog on the horizon. The service is also unusual - the cleaning lady will remind you that she cleaned your room, several times a day in order to extract a tip several times as well - trust me - they will even resort to chasing you around the hotel if you do not give them a tip, preferably in US Dollars. The cleaners do not seem to disturb the animals that share your room. When you get bored in the evening, you can play Scrabble with the local gecko who is assigned to share your room. Do not kill him or her as they are really good at eating the monstrous cockroaches that have a party in your room when you are asleep, and they can become your best friend in Chittagong if you treat them with respect.

• Opinion of Price: