Bangladesh Hotels

• Upset2008 profile photo Upset2008
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Royal Park Residence - Dhaka: Worst hotel ever

This hotel is the worst I have ever been. The lack of security is amazing and the managers in this hotel treats you as a liar. My phone was stolen from my room in the second day of my stay and managers did not believe me and were very rude. Few days later after this accident I found out that my room door was left open by cleaner who forgot to close the door! This was enough for me to change the hotel. And oh, also after laundry my shirt was broken... But complaints do not help as they prefer to ignore you.I am very upset of the treatment I got from this hotel. I would never ever recommend this hotel to anybody. Pls stay away from this hotel!!!

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 18, 2008

• DhuluBhai profile photo DhuluBhai

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Razmoni Isha Kha: Acceptable accomodations at a fair price

This hotel is in a good location inside Dhaka if you are doing the usual touristy sightseeing and shopping.
It is reasonably priced at around US $50 - 60 per night.
There is a restaurant in the lobby that serves good food, including some "Westernized" dishes if you (like me) sometimes have trouble with the local cuisine. Although, some of the dishes seem to be perpetually out of stock.

Laundry service is available but, never having used it, I cannot comment on its price or quality.

You should expect to be asked for a tip for almost every service, but fortunately a little money is usually enough to satisfy.

The large and modern "Bashundhara City" shopping mall is within a few minutes taxi ride.
And the more local, eclectic, inexpensive, and fun "New Market" is not much further.

I have stayed at the Razmoni Isha Kha several times without a reservation, and will probably stay there again when I am inside the city.

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written June 11, 2008

• zanmohd profile photo zanmohd

Pan Pacific Sonargaon: Experience of a lifetime

I was in Pan Pacific Sonargoan for 3 nights, and my most memorable experiance is that the hotel bathroom has no water hole.....Each time I washed my face, the would be pool of water on the floor........Otherwise; this is one of the great hotels in Dhaka.

There is a shop in the hotel's shopping arcade that sells paintings....beautiful colorful paintings from local artistes that are very good in their work

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written June 12, 2007

• gregnascimento profile photo gregnascimento
  • Reviews: 12

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Typical Hotel in Bangladesh

I had to stay in a smaller town (outside of Dhaka) in Bangladesh for 3 days. The price of the hotel was $11 USD without air-conditioning and $14 USD with air-conditioning.

Please see the attached pictures of the hotel that I stayed. Those little black spots in the toilet are BUGS. So, look before you sit.

Also, you will need to use the net on the bed unless you want to get eaten alive by the bugs while you sleep.

The hotel had a dish satelite and offered more channels than the last 5 star hotel that I stayed at.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written February 14, 2005

Hotel Room Outside of Dhaka

• BIDBOROUGH profile photo BIDBOROUGH
  • Reviews: 19

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

.....another Sheraton Hotel: Could be in any City?

Usual Sheraton accomodation.Nice large rooms all "mod cons" and one of the few places you can get a beer - at 9 Euros a can!

Fortunately? Whilst I was there, it seemed that half the Bangla army were posted around the outside of the Hotel - so security wasn't a problem!!!!!

Tip - If you book on the Internet you will get a VERY cheap deal. But remember - another 30% in various taxes will be added to your bill on departure

• Written July 21, 2004

Sheraton Hotel

• Saagar profile photo Saagar
  • Reviews: 2174

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ashique Residential Rest House: Hotel in Comilla

This guest house with cubicles for rooms is in easy walking distance from anything in the centre of Comilla. Easy walk from the railway station.
If you do not have any business in Comilla itself but want to visit the Buddhist site of Mainamati, choose perhaps to stay at the highway motels nearer that site. Should be better.

Swarms of fleas, I washed down the place before moving in. Never seen anything like it. And I am NOT picky about accommodation!
Things must have changed dramatically since LP wrote "clean and unusually spacious rooms...".
Very convenient location in Comilla, though, if you have business there. About 300 taka per night.

• Related to: Trains, Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written June 7, 2004

After cleaning the room

• Saagar profile photo Saagar
  • Reviews: 2174

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

White Lotus House Hotel: Centrally located in Dhaka, quite comfy

A medium class, fairly cheap hotel for its services, located in convenient distance to most things you need in Dhaka.
It is not a hotel to be recommended for luxury travel,but ok for backpackers on an interlude or people staying in town for work or sightseeing but want a cheaper alternative.

It has a good restaurant that will make good food if given some time with the order.
It's a bit noisy if you have a window to Shantinagar Rd. There was some shooting in the street once I was there, and vehicles were burnt in a demonstration. Maybe I was unlucky??? But the traffic here is also heavy.
Ensure that the air condition unit works.
I left luggage at the White House with no problem during my last trip.

• Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written May 1, 2004

White Lotus House

• aminul_h profile photo aminul_h
  • Reviews: 13

Sheraton: 3 star Hotel

Dhaka have big hotels of International Chain (Sheraton, sonargaon 5 star). Other clean AC hotel with attached bath is available. Those who come for short travel I suggest you to live in known Hotels. If you stay long it is better live in Rest house in Diplomatic zone. It is cheaper and comfortable.

In Rest house. They will cook food according to your demand.

• Written September 6, 2003

• Bonobo2005 profile photo Bonobo2005
  • Reviews: 948

Hotel Cairo International: Decent & cheap accommodation in Dhaka

Good & cheap rooms. Very friendly staff.

I paid 160 taka/night (ca. $3) for room with attached bathroom.

Maybe not suitable for single women, though, I guess

Within walking distance big variety of restaurants, little shops, internetcafe, Old Dhaka.

Short ride with riksja to Motijheelarea (for banks & ticketoffice "Rocket") and trainstation.

Embassies & Wimpies far away (ca. 1 hour by bus, less if you can find a taxi).

• Written November 26, 2002

• FrodeK profile photo FrodeK
  • Reviews: 69

Pan Pacific Sonargoan and the...

Pan Pacific Sonargoan and the Sheraton is the only international hotels in Dhaka (I think). I lived at a guesthouse in the Gulshan area, this is close to where the embassies are located. The standard of the guesthouse was ok, it was in the start of the rainy season and lots of power breaks, and the generator wasn't good....so the aircondition was mostly off.

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written August 26, 2002

• surasak profile photo surasak
  • Reviews: 37
The only world class hotel in...

The only world class hotel in Dhaka is Sheraton, but unluckily I am not rich enough so I didnt stay.

I stayed in one hotel or motel perhaps called.....(I forgot the name), I choose to stay in that hotel it's because located just next to the British Embassy.
US$ 30 per night (cheated price indeed)

• Written August 25, 2002

• dhaka profile photo dhaka

Hotel Royal Park Residence: Hotel Royal Park Residence

Cheaper than Sonargaon and Sheraton, but still around US$ 100 per night.

This hotel is frequently used by people I know and most of them like it much more than the Sonargaon and Sheraton hotel. The Sonargaon and Sheraton hotel are in the hartal (political strike) zone, which means that you cannot leave the hotel on a hartal day. See for information on hartals please also ┬┤warnings or dangers┬┤. The Royal Park Residence hotel is in the residential area, near to all the embassies and international clubs. Within the residential areas Gulshan, Baridhara and Banani you can travel safely on a hartal day. The staff of the hotel is very friendly. The hotel has a pool and a fitness room.

• BorderHopper profile photo BorderHopper
  • Reviews: 519

The first night I slept in a...

The first night I slept in a flea & cockroach infested slum hotel. It was about as nice as sleeping in a truck stop toilet. I think the name of this hotel is Asia Hotel (not too sure about that one). I finally moved over to a nicer hotel about 100 yards from the first one. This hotel is called The Royal Palace, a much better choice.
Hotels on this street range between $5 USD to $35 USD. Dhaka isn't as cheap as one may expect.

Its a mid range hotel with satellite tv and clean rooms that happens to be in a little hidden alley jadjacent to Topkhana Road. This looks to be the area where there are several backpacker and mid range accomodations to choose from.

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful