Kichu Resort Paro Bhutan

Rank 3 of 8 hotels
in Paro
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 1 review
ozalp's Profile Photo

Sleep in an amazing garden

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 19, 2009

It was dark when we reached our hotel. Friendly staff welcomed us with appetizers and hot tea. Tea in Bhutan almost tasted like our beloved tea. So, I enjoyed this welcome. While we were relaxing in the cute lobby-bar combination, our luggages were transfered to our rooms. The rooms were like small cottages. 3-4 of them were built together. Another group of rooms were in distant location. It gave me a feeling that we were alone in a big garden. Since it was dark, I could not realize how big the garden was until morning. We took many photographs of the garden. Also there was a river behind this hotel and you can sleep while listening to it in some rooms.

Our room has a heater. The night was chilly, so we used it. There was a closet, reading lamps, matches and candle... Also the rooms has a mandala and a carpet with a cute dragon.

There was a weird smell all over the hotel. Following day I found a pine cone with the same smell. Then we thought that it was coming from the woods of the hotel. I even miss this weird smell now.

The food also was good in this hotel. I remember a delicious but completely mysterious soup, french fries at breakfast, dark red apples, hard yak meat...

We stayed here for two nights: One was arriving, the other was departure night. The last night staff and the owner of the resort and his wife joined us for a farewell cocktail. I remember every moment with a huge smile on my face.

Unique Quality: The garden.

Nearby Kichu Resort Paro Bhutan

• Free Parking
  • Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet

Paro Travel Forum

Need advice about Paro, Bhutan? Visit the Travel Forum for Paro and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paro hotel reviews