Olathang Hotel, Paro

Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 2 reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 161 reviews
Expedia.com Travelocity

A little better but still low end

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 28, 2009

The light in this place is terrible. It is dark and gloomy. It was probably quite nice when it was built, but it is in need of updating. The service was pretty good. My husband became quite ill and when he began to recover, and I was able to leave him for the day, I made some requests (room cleaning and food delivery), which they accomodated.

This was the nicest of all of the standard hotels I stayed.

Hard beds

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 18, 2006

Hotel Olathang was built in 1974 and it looks it! I recommend you stay in one of the cottages in the grounds because the rooms are slightly larger and lighter. The rooms in the main block are small, dark twin rooms with small dark basic bathrooms. The cottages are slightly nicer with better views but be warned the beds are very very hard and you may find you have mice in your bedroom! It's worth considering taking a blow up air mattress with you to make your stay more comfortable.

The internet connection in the hotel is the slowest I experienced in the whole of Bhutan!

Olathang Hotel, Paro

• Olathang Hotel Paro

Address: Paro, Bhutan

Amenities at Olathang Hotel, Paro

• Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Free Parking

Paro Travel Forum

Need advice about Paro, Bhutan? Visit the Travel Forum for Paro and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paro hotel reviews